How obsessed of Alien/Predator are you?

Started by bobby brown, Apr 18, 2018, 07:53:08 PM

Author
How obsessed of Alien/Predator are you? (Read 3,369 times)

windebieste

Well, that's true...  What's more, everyone knows something different.

-Windebieste.

Huggs

How obsessed am I?

With Predator? Eh, so-so. I enjoy the movies immensely, but can't watch any of them more than twice a year. I buy and read the novels, and predators haunt my dreams every now and again, was fighting one last night actually. Other than that, Predator is not my #1.

With Alien? It goes deeper. I probably watched Alien 1 & 3 about 30 times each year. All the others I watch maybe 2-3 times a year. I buy and read the novels, and re-read them often enough. The Alien is often in my dreams. It is my favorite franchise, and I've been very verbal with my friends and coworkers that if I ever get a tattoo, it's going to be the WY logo. The only reason I haven't gotten it is because I find tattoos unattractive, and I enjoy my skin the way it is. Nothing personal to anyone on here who has one.

All that being said, I don't think about it all the time. The Alien isn't constantly there. I have work and responsibilities that take up most of my time. But like somebody else said earlier, it no longer terrifies me. It's an immense source of enjoyment and comfort when I've had a rough day, to dive into something Alien. But it's not my life. I do have an authentic Prometheus theatrical poster framed and up on the wall though. So I'm going to see something everyday no matter what.

Stompy the Perfect Xeno

My excitement for franchises comes and goes. Alien is never gone, though. It's permanently dormant.
Sometimes I even think about the Alien how to fit in other universes. Aliens in Middle Earth living together with Trolls and Goblins in caves or underground. The Federation meeting Aliens on spaceships. Also I think that the Alien wouldn't even stand out in the bar of Mos Eisley. Smoking and drinking together with "Wolfman", "Satan" and "Slughead". Maybe they would, though. All this drooling. ;) When I (try to) play games like Stellaris, I'm only motivated to play it as Alien by using a race mod.
I'm kind of obsessed, I guess.

To Disney:
When I die, please use my skull for an animatronic Alien in the next movie.
Mention it in the video bonus material.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Stompy the Perfect Xeno on Apr 14, 2020, 11:46:50 PM

To Disney:

What an age to be alive

Local Trouble

Quote from: Stompy the Perfect Xeno on Apr 14, 2020, 11:46:50 PM
To Disney:

Hate the skull!  >:(

Huggs

Fall upon the boards and profess your love for it. It is the only way to be forgiven. To be pure.

Local Trouble

Only Randy deserves unconditional forgiveness.

Huggs

Was "Unconditional Forgiveness" the name of his daddy's belt?

StrangeShape

Alien is my second favorite series, the first 3 movies in particular. Well, only the first 3 movies. But the mythology I was always really into since young days and I'm as much into it as a long time die hard fan can be (Seen Alien 3 first in 92, started getting deeper into the franchise around '94). So as far as Alien, Im a huge fan (of the first 3 movies mainly tho).

Predator? Well, the first movie is a masterpiece. The tension and feel of dread is exceptional. The second film is barely good, and anything after, mostly meh. But the franchise and the predator mythology I always enjoyed and was into, I think the comics did really well with them. But my interest in Predators is nowhere near my interest in Alien, not even the same ballpark

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed