CO-OP Dedit Help

Started by Shinzhu, Sep 03, 2011, 07:55:47 PM

Author
CO-OP Dedit Help (Read 504 times)

Shinzhu

Shinzhu

I was wondering if anyone knows what I need in Dedit in order to make my maps into LAN co-op maps.  I've personalized several single player maps/cutscenes/.bik movies for my friends so I know what I'm doing (sort of) but I can't seem to find any information about how to structure my .ed with regards to property instruction for my nodes, where to disseminate my .DATs, or even how to set up an environment/custom/worlds conducive for co-op play. 

-Do I need any special properties instructions for any of my nodes to trick the engine into making a single player map=co-op ?
-Should I find a .ed of a co-op map and use this as a basis of comparison...can't seem to find any and have extracted/unpacked a ton of maps...though I get the .DATs and the .rez's, Winrez only shows me the .ed on my own custom levels so I'm guessing a lot of people don't like to share the .ed or I'm doing something wrong.
-Do I need 2 GameStartPoints ?

exp: My field of expertise is animation not map making though I do know my way around Dedit.  Pardon my noobness but Any help is appreciated! 

Thanks for your time.

System specs for main:
Vista 64 Ultimate or Mac OS X Snow Leopard
24 gig ddr3 (I love hosting servers so if anyone needs anything...)
3 x 1 Tera Drives
Sapphire 1GB 5850 (yeah I know...but I got it for it's cheapy OpenGL)
multiple processors from the mid 2000s

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed