Alien/Predator Novel Reviews

Started by Hudson, Aug 19, 2014, 04:55:43 PM

Author
Alien/Predator Novel Reviews (Read 70,246 times)

SM

SM

I read drafts and provide feedback on things like continuity and timelines.  Well I used to.  Sometimes they adopt it, sometimes they don't.

j0nesy

j0nesy

Quote from: SM on Jul 20, 2020, 11:10:58 AM
Finally got round to reading the published version Prototype.  I found I enjoyed it more this time around.  I also found that I contributed more to this book without credit than many others where I have been credited.  :D

would the credit, or lack thereof, be down to tim waggoner? or the editor (steve saffel, if i remember correctly)?

SM

SM

Both Steves - Tzirlin and Saffel.

Though to be fair, being credited isn't the norm in my experience, and the authors got their feedback from two main sources - the two Steves.

Tim Waggoner doesn't know who the hell I am but he's welcome.  :)

BlazinBlueReview

Finally got round to reading the published version Prototype.  I found I enjoyed it more this time around.  I also found that I contributed more to this book without credit than many others where I have been credited.  :D

Ordered it today. Be here on Thursday. It's in my backlog of stuff to read (Isolation, Hunters and Hunted, Predator Omnibus, Alien Omnibus Vol. 1)

SM

SM

I have to get back to Hunters and Hunted.

j0nesy

j0nesy

Quote from: SM on Jul 21, 2020, 10:45:29 PM
Both Steves - Tzirlin and Saffel.

Though to be fair, being credited isn't the norm in my experience, and the authors got their feedback from two main sources - the two Steves.

Tim Waggoner doesn't know who the hell I am but he's welcome.  :)

haha, we know who you are and that's what counts  :)

Quote from: BlazinBlue88 on Jul 22, 2020, 12:14:52 AM

Ordered it today. Be here on Thursday. It's in my backlog of stuff to read (Isolation, Hunters and Hunted, Predator Omnibus, Alien Omnibus Vol. 1)

the alien: isolation adaptation? if you enjoy saving the best till last... start with isolation  :P

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: SM on Jul 21, 2020, 09:38:34 PM
I read drafts and provide feedback on things like continuity and timelines.  Well I used to.  Sometimes they adopt it, sometimes they don't.

Thanks

Quote from: j0nesy on Jul 22, 2020, 03:08:22 AM
the alien: isolation adaptation? if you enjoy saving the best till last... start with isolation  :P

Rough

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Xiggz456 on Jul 17, 2020, 08:06:13 PMThe Pred here was completely badass and wrecked shit left and right; which left the human characters completely unsettled (as it should be).

As a novel I didn't enjoy it as much as the previous one, but as a character the Predator in it rules.

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 22, 2020, 08:28:20 PM
Quote from: Xiggz456 on Jul 17, 2020, 08:06:13 PMThe Pred here was completely badass and wrecked shit left and right; which left the human characters completely unsettled (as it should be).

As a novel I didn't enjoy it as much as the previous one, but as a character the Predator in it rules.

I agree. I think "Turnabout" was my favorite of the bunch but I could see some fans not liking the lack of Predator moments in that one.

Corporal Hicks

They're both top-tier for me. Both 10/10s.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Turnabout and South China Sea were just so good and its interesting how completely different books they actually are.
They might even be better than all the Aliens books, except perhaps the Cold Forge.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

That's actually a fair shout.

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

Yeah they're both excellent reads and easily the best in the entire DH Press run.

lightsyder

lightsyder

Someday I hope to be able to read those DH press Predator books.  Shame they were published with gold ink, at least I assume they were based on ebay prices anyway....

Gentleman Death

Gentleman Death

Finished Aliens Berserker and really liked it. Loved what they did with the MAX mech and the overall concept of HK teams was cool.

I felt bad for Teape being the front man who'd purposely get dragged into the hive but I suppose someone's gotta do it ha. Also liked how they had masks they could wear to protect them from facehuggers although I'm not sure why everyone wouldn't wear one, just to be safe.

Took a little bit to get into but when it starts it really doesn't hold back.

Side note: I've noticed that in particular scenes of the waves and waves of aliens that are getting blown apart on ships and the amount of acid that comes out of multiple bodies dripping through several floors on a spaceship, why hasn't any of them gone completely through the ship/space station and would that cause anything/anyone to be sucked out through those levels into space? I don't remember anything being mentioned about shields....just curious.

Onto the next one...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed