New Prey Still Shows Flintlock Pistol

Started by Darkness, Jul 19, 2022, 09:31:54 AM

Author
New Prey Still Shows Flintlock Pistol (Read 5,916 times)

Kailem

Kailem

Given that we know this is Feral's first time on Earth, perhaps Greyback is there acting as something of a "guide", if he's been here before.

Either way though I'd be shocked if he played any more than a cameo role in this. Given that the bear kill looks to be Naru's first encounter with a Predator, I'm guessing he'll show up towards the end in something similar to his P2 appearance, taking the flintlock after it maybe being established that he was off on his own hunt while we followed Feral and Naru throughout the course of this film.

But I think anyone expecting anything more than a fun nod (which I'm totally cool with) is going to end up being disappointed.

BlueMarsalis79

The story comes first

BigDaddyJohn

Exactly. I don't really understand the need for it. We have a chance to have a great predator movie, simple, efficient, and that tells an interesting story. Nothing more is needed.

426Buddy

426Buddy

We've known about the pistol for some time now and it has been speculated since before that because the time period lines up. I'm all for adding a little connective tissue via the pistol as long as it's done well and doesn't distract from the story overall. If the movie is good it doesn't hurt if the pistol is included and could make for a fun connection to P2.

XENOMORPHOSIS

A rather standard dramatic pose of a Predator on the poster but its neat.

Wweyland

Wweyland

I think it makes sense to include the pistol and I would hope they don't draw too much attention to it.
Predator: Iwo Jima movie next then? Oh my.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Wweyland on Jul 20, 2022, 07:59:18 PMI think it makes sense to include the pistol and I would hope they don't draw too much attention to it.

I still want my Predator: Desert Storm

426Buddy

426Buddy

There are so many cool scenarios you can throw a predator into is boggles the mind that many have only been explored in the comics.

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jul 20, 2022, 08:46:14 PM
Quote from: Wweyland on Jul 20, 2022, 07:59:18 PMI think it makes sense to include the pistol and I would hope they don't draw too much attention to it.

I still want my Predator: Desert Storm

Predator 3, still waiting for it.

Manti

Manti

Yeahh, i think we can be fairly certain at this point that Greyback will show up for at least a scene.
Either as an adversary to Feral (perhaps the latter is a bad blood?), or as his supervisor for the hunt.
So well have Feral (new sub-species) as the main Pred, and Greback as our classic Pred cameo.
If he doesnt, then the whole flintlock thing would be absolutely retarded

BigDaddyJohn

I hope Greyback doesn't show up to whoop Feral's ass. That would be a great way to undermine Feral, and make him look like a bitch.

Spoiler
Did anyone say upgrade vs fugitive ?  :laugh:
[close]

PAS Spinelli

Predator vs Predator should be a plot for a whole movie, not a one off scene in THREE different movies

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jul 20, 2022, 03:05:22 PMWe've known about the pistol for some time now and it has been speculated since before that because the time period lines up. I'm all for adding a little connective tissue via the pistol as long as it's done well and doesn't distract from the story overall. If the movie is good it doesn't hurt if the pistol is included and could make for a fun connection to P2.

Question is it the exact one from P2 and not just a look alike? I just wanna get some sources straight as I know other folks in other forums are discussing this and I wanna bring some sources to the table.

Kailem

Kailem

Pretty sure I remember reading it was a replica, not the same actual prop.

FTL_Ian

FTL_Ian

Quote from: Engineer on Jul 19, 2022, 03:33:28 PMSo, if someone is more knowledgeable about dog breeds than myself, please feel free to chime in and inform me...

I'm happy and impressed they went with a Carolina dog (aka American dingo). But, from what I understand, modern Carolina dogs aren't quite the same as they were back in the 1700s since they've been cross-bred with European dogs. It's the closest they'll be able to get to a historically accurate dog breed, which, again, I'm very impressed by! But, do I have this right? Or am I missing something?

As you pointed out, as a dingo, Carolina Dogs are a natural dog - they aren't a breed in the typical sense, as they were naturally selected by evolution.  While obviously some Carolinas have bred with other breeds in the wild and captivity, the natural, untouched Carolinas still exist. Some still run wild in the swamps of the southeast.

It's not a surprise that they were able to have a Carolina Dog star in a movie without the lengthy training a typical movie dog has.  They are VERY smart dogs.

I had the pleasure of owning one for many years, quite by accident.  We always called her a "Florida Brown Dog", but years later I found out she was a Carolina Dog.  Reading about them is absolutely fascinating.  I hope they'll do a behind-the-scenes just about working with Coco.

Here's a side-by-side comparison of Coco, the dog from the Prey trailer, on the left and my dog Jazzy when she was a couple of years old:

Coco might as well be her reincarnation.  I'd say she's the real deal.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed