How is AVP-R "going back to the roots"?

Started by Robotpo, Nov 20, 2007, 10:42:23 PM

Author
How is AVP-R "going back to the roots"? (Read 65,117 times)

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Colin_Strause on Nov 21, 2007, 01:08:07 AM
Only movies are cannon. It's cool to pull ideas from comics and books but films are the end-all-be-all.

yeah and the molting idea was not in previous fllms. How is it any different from non-canon comic stuff, to use an idea like that? Comics and video games are equivalently non-canon, I don't see how its ok to take ideas from one and then regard the other as non-canon.

kcirtap33

lot of negativity in the room.

Colin_Strause

Quote from: Ballzanya on Nov 21, 2007, 01:12:54 AM
Only movies are cannon. It's cool to pull ideas from comics and books but films are the end-all-be-all.

yeah and the molting idea was not in previous fllms. How is it any different from non-canon comic stuff, to use an idea like that? Comics and video games are equivalently non-canon, I don't see how its ok to take ideas from one and then regard the other as non-canon.

The extend DVD films are still cannon in my mind.

Highland

The aliens need new ideas to survive, I dont understand it. To me its better to come up with new material (bad or good), than continually re-doing the old stuff. If you keep using the old ideas next thing we've got is Rambo 5....etc etc...theres no interest in the movie , because nothing is new.  

SM

SM

QuoteThe extend DVD films are still cannon in my mind.

So why ignore them in favour of this awful regurgitation thing?

QuoteWe've seen what born queens do in A:R, but what does a lone alpha Alien do to reproduce?

What the one on the Nostromo did in the Directors Cut of Alien.

"alpha"  = redundant.

Ballzanya

Quote from: Colin_Strause on Nov 21, 2007, 01:17:35 AM
Quote from: Ballzanya on Nov 21, 2007, 01:12:54 AM

what are you talking about, there is no molting in any special edition or directors cut of an alien film.

Anomaly

Quote from: Robotpo on Nov 20, 2007, 10:42:23 PM
Overall, I don't see how AVP-R is closer to the roots. When they Strausi say this, I think they mean that after ONE, (count it, ONE), PG-13 film, they're going back to being rated-R, (which in this day and age, seems to mean excessive gore and swearing instead of a plot...).

Im just going to have to agree with this statement here 100%. No offense Colin.

Xenomorphine

Then how in the world do you reconcile this with egging?

Or is this one of those ominously hopeful 'wait and see'/'no comment' topics? :)

Ballzanya

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Nov 21, 2007, 01:21:16 AM

Then how in the world do you reconcile this with egging?

Or is this one of those ominously hopeful 'wait and see'/'no comment' topics? :)

Don't get your hopes up. You can't have egg-morphing, if there are indeed no eggs.

Colin_Strause

Quote from: Anomaly on Nov 21, 2007, 01:20:55 AM
Overall, I don't see how AVP-R is closer to the roots. When they Strausi say this, I think they mean that after ONE, (count it, ONE), PG-13 film, they're going back to being rated-R, (which in this day and age, seems to mean excessive gore and swearing instead of a plot...).

No offense taken because none of you have seen the movie so I don't see how anyone can claim we don't have a good plot.

kcirtap33

Quote from: Anomaly on Nov 21, 2007, 01:20:55 AM

so you need a plot to be rated-r?

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Ballzanya on Nov 21, 2007, 01:23:26 AM
Don't get your hopes up. You can't have egg-morphing, if there are indeed no eggs.

Vaguely egg-like cocoons aren't necessarily the same thing.

Ballzanya

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Nov 21, 2007, 01:27:11 AM
Quote from: Ballzanya on Nov 21, 2007, 01:23:26 AM

Vaguely egg-like cocoons aren't necessarily the same thing.

If they had the budget or the desire to show "egg-like cocoons", why not just show eggs then?

Anomaly

Anomaly

Quote from: Colin_Strause on Nov 21, 2007, 01:23:50 AM
No offense taken because none of you have seen the movie so I don't see how anyone can claim we don't have a good plot.

Time will tell. All i know is if these speculations are correct from Robotpo, whatever film in any franchise that comes along after this that looks like this will have a hell of a time getting me to actually see to judge. Im just going to skip it. Sucks to be that crew...

Benefit of a doubt tested 1 last time with this film...

Gates

This guy is funny... ::)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed