Microsoft to buy Activision Blizzard

Started by Dachande, Jan 18, 2022, 02:18:47 PM

Author
Microsoft to buy Activision Blizzard (Read 2,090 times)

Dachande

So this came completely out of nowhere, but MS are buying Activision for a mere $68 Billion!

https://news.microsoft.com/2022/01/18/microsoft-to-acquire-activision-blizzard-to-bring-the-joy-and-community-of-gaming-to-everyone-across-every-device/

Hopefully this will finally get a lot of the scummy people out of Activision, and really open up some avenues for interesting games. Let alone the idea of the back catalog going onto game pass. You could get the Age of Empires dev's finally making a new Warcraft or Starcraft!

Local Trouble

Jesus, this is huge.  I wonder how long before the entire Activision library makes it to Game Pass.

Kradan

How much Disney paid for 20th Century Fox ?

Dachande

Quote from: Kradan on Jan 18, 2022, 03:45:33 PM
How much Disney paid for 20th Century Fox ?

Around $71 Billion, so only a little bit more than this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acquisition_of_21st_Century_Fox_by_Disney

Kradan

Interesting. I'm not very versed in videogames field but I think I've  heard nothing but bad things about Actision

Dachande

It's come out recently that a lot of the people in charge of the company as a whole, as well as a lot of people in charge of individual games are essentially all terrible terrible people. To the point where World of Warcraft is losing millions of players, Overwatch is having to change characters names because the person the name them after was a shithead, and the company as a whole lost i think it was about 30% in the stock market.

A lot of what is coming out of MS seems to indicate they are going to try and purge a lot of these people and this behaviour out of the company, but we'll have to see how that goes.

Stitch

This is a huge coup for Microsoft. Call of Duty being an Xbox exclusive would be a massive shift.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Dachande on Jan 18, 2022, 02:18:47 PM
You could get the Age of Empires dev's finally making a new Warcraft or Starcraft!

Yes please!  8)

Local Trouble

LIST: Here's every Activision Blizzard IP Xbox now owns, including Crash Bandicoot and Guitar Hero

QuoteThe list of IPs that could potentially be owned by Xbox following Microsoft's acquisition of Activision Blizzard includes:

Blur
    Caesar
    Call of Duty
    Candy Crush
    Crash Bandicoot
    Diablo
    DJ Hero
    Empire Earth
    Gabriel Knight
    Geometry Wars
    Guitar Hero
    Gun
    Hearthstone
    Heroes of the Storm
    Hexen
    Interstate '76
    King's Quest
    Laura Bow Mysteries
    The Lost Vikings
    Overwatch
    Phantasmagoria
    Pitfall
    Police Quest
    Prototype
    Quest for Glory
    Singularity
    Skylanders
    Solider of Fortune
    Space Quest
    Spyro the Dragon
    StarCraft
    Tenchu (legacy games)
    TimeShift
    Tony Hawk's Pro Skater
    True Crime
    World of Warcraft
    Zork

Kradan

Oh shit, Crash Bandicoot !

Immortan Jonesy

That's right! it's wonderful!  :o

Local Trouble

I'd like to see a remaster of Singularity.

Sol

Sol

Insane.

Local Trouble

Now they should buy Valve.

Kradan

Kradan

Maybe that way people will finally get Episode 3

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 18, 2022, 10:56:26 PM
I'd like to see a remaster of Singularity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AitaHayHO7c

And the fact that game takes place in some sort of alternative history Soviet post-apocalypse has nothing to do with it

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed