"Boreal Nightmare"/Aliens: Colonial Marines: "Iceworld" Audio Dramas

Started by TheSailingRabbit, Jun 10, 2019, 08:11:39 PM

Author
"Boreal Nightmare"/Aliens: Colonial Marines: "Iceworld" Audio Dramas (Read 19,787 times)

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

I figured it was time for an "official" thread regarding the forthcoming audio dramas of my first Aliens fanfiction, "Boreal Nightmare." (Link to original story: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12849606/1/Boreal-Nightmare)

To be honest, I wasn't sure if I wanted to announce it because there are, in fact, two being produced. One is helmed by Project: Acheron, who offered it after I won the Alien Day fanfiction contest. The second is helmed by Anarchist86ed, who's running the Alien: Solara series. They're not the exact same thing, as Anarchist86ed decided to change the names of the characters in the script, and has added several details and elements that have made it a lot more different than the original. Acheron's is the "loyal" version, keeping the names the same (the story features characters from the movie).

I'm not spoiling anything in regards to Anarchist86ed's version ("Iceworld"), but the part one script was ten times better than the original two chapters of "Boreal Nightmare" and I think you'll enjoy it just as much as the version that is keeping closer to the original.

Also, Acheron offered to get James Paxton on board. I'll keep people updated on whether he says yes or no.

I do apologize that there are two productions based on the same story. I just couldn't bring myself, emotionally, to say "no" to either, because, at the time, Anarchist86ed had already started the script and I didn't want to waste his hard work, especially after seeing the finished script. I haven't seen the "loyal" script yet, as I've been told some changes were made to help it flow better in this medium.

Regardless, I'll leave it up to the Alien community which they prefer when both versions are released. I'm just glad people have enjoyed my work so much, they want to spread it via audio drama.

Anarchist86ed

Anarchist86ed

The final script is classified under Weyland-Yutani special order 938.

PRIORITY ONE

Acquire xenomorph lifeform at any cost.

No other priorities considered.

Human life expendable.

ADDITIONAL: Cinnamon toaster pastries considered inedible.

And our casting is done, recording has already started. Let's see who crosses the finish line first.

Corporal Hicks

I'm certainly looking forward to it! I love me some Alien audio drama! I'm not too familiar with Project: Acheron's work but I know I can expect some great stuff from Anarchist!

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 11, 2019, 08:22:21 AM
I'm certainly looking forward to it! I love me some Alien audio drama! I'm not too familiar with Project: Acheron's work but I know I can expect some great stuff from Anarchist!

Check out the "Alien: Awakening" animated series on YouTube. It's actually pretty good, story-wise, with some familiar names (Studio Yutani, Alien Theory) playing some parts.

You're gonna have to tie my hands with duct tape so I don't spoil anything regarding the "Iceworld" script, because I've already fallen in love with one character and I can't wait to hear the final result.

Anarchist86ed

All I'll tell you about iceworld is we'll have Christmas music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l849CulLhGQ

TheSailingRabbit

Casting calls went out for the "loyal" version of the script.

The ball is rolling for both, and that's all that matters.

TheSailingRabbit

Still waiting on a recording from an audition for the loyal script.

The ball is moving at the rate of tectonic plates for "Iceworld," but it's still happening despite massive setbacks.

Anarchist86ed

Anarchist86ed

With apologies to Bunny, no thanks to a certain someone who photon torpedoed this and all my other projects...

ALIENS: Colonial Marines: Iceworld is officially back in production.

TheSailingRabbit

Should Hicks post an official AvPGalaxy article/tweet on this?

Corporal Hicks

When it's released. I generally don't do articles until release these days. Related stuff is already getting retweeted though.  :)

Anarchist86ed

I needed a break from stuff. Getting Charon back up and running was a nightmare. Just wanted to play some video games with my free time for a little while and not write or edit any audio for a bit.

Corporal Hicks

That's entirely fair. I always have to take a break to read a different book, or watch something else. I found the worse thing I could do was narrow my focus down that much that I'm not even touching something else.

Anarchist86ed

Work resumes shortly. I think I spent enough time fishing caps out of half buried trash bins in fallout 4.

Corporal Hicks

Riveting advertisement for Fallout.  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed