Started by D. Compton Ambrose, Jan 04, 2018, 04:51:05 PM

Author
Xenophobia (Read 1,789 times)

D. Compton Ambrose

D. Compton Ambrose

DELETE

D. Compton Ambrose

D. Compton Ambrose

Got an Indiegogo campaign up for a far more conservative goal as of a few minutes ago.

Here's some other cool stuff to get those Alien juices flowing-

Concept artwork inspiring 'Xenophobia';

Me and Uscss Nostromo
by Stechyto
Watch Report
Photography / People & Portraits / Self-Portraits©2015-2018 Stechyto
#alien #bridge #nostromo #scifi #ship #space #uscss

Title: Tribute To Alien's Nostromo
Name: Yann Souetre
Software: 3ds max, Brazil r/s, Photoshop

https://www.artstation.com/ Nicolo Zubbini - 'Nostromo'

And of course, Neill Blomkamp's Alien 5 concept art.

Richard D. James, also known as Aphex Twin, was also a curious inspiration, particularly this music video:

I could fill the entire site bandwidth with all of the H.R. Giger artwork and Nine Inch Nails music videos that also inspired me, but I'll just leave it at that. I've been dying to share this with other fanboys, and I must say this is an excellent way to begin 2018.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

This looks very interesting and compelling.  :)

D. Compton Ambrose

D. Compton Ambrose

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jan 06, 2018, 12:48:28 PM
This looks very interesting and compelling.  :)
Thanks! :)

I should probably mention that this is the version of the screenplay that got seen by some high-ups, the final version though has no Amanda or Ellen Ripley, replaced by Engineer William Vidmar and Cpl. Daniel Grant, a character from the novels, and Ann Weyland is Ann Rutherford - she never turns out to be Newt, as I thought it more interesting if she were the black sheep of the Rutherford dynasty. There are no returning characters from the films, instead illuminating otherwise forgotten-about characters from the novels and comics (some of their names are changed, General Thomas Spears is now Admiral Thomas Spears, and Dr. Cotlow from Tribes is now Dr. White, to facilitate the spiritual message about lower-case xenophobia and the corruption of the military-industrial complex. Also, most of the crew of the USCSS Rubicon have Hebrew surnames).

I found that whole dynamic was just too distracting from the Marine/Sailor vs. Xenomorph Hive conflict. The marines are the underdogs, and most of it revolves around the crew being picked off one-by-one by a berserk Xenomorph in space, like Alien, while the Marines try to survive a planet that to call "hostile" would be an understatement, populated by an ecosystem that has almost literally gone insane due to Xenoviral exposure; towards the end they get cornered in the complex by a couple of really big, nasty Xenomorphs after fighting a private army and rogue security systems, and discovering a bunch of colonists being kept like livestock by Spears.

D. Compton Ambrose

D. Compton Ambrose

An idea I had, inspired by Five Nights At Freddy's, was that if it were to be a CG animated film, to give it an illusory and nightmarish feel that most of it could take place through the eyes of a network of surveillance feeds around the ship and the complex (very little of the story takes place on Wormwood), through the eyes of an Artificial Intelligence, if you will. Like found-footage (there would still be in-film scenes of course).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed