Alien Covenant: The Evanus Edit

Started by Evanus, Dec 12, 2017, 06:48:19 PM

Author
Alien Covenant: The Evanus Edit (Read 58,459 times)

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Evanus on Sep 05, 2018, 07:55:07 PM
New version is up on Mega, made some small changes.. Improved some of the edits, the colour timing of the deleted scenes now matches the rest of the film better and the file size is bigger resulting in better quality overall. Also toned down some of the changes and cuts I made previously, to create a more vanilla experience of the film.

Also, the edit is now included on the fan edits section of muthur9000's Yutani.blog! Thanks again for including it on your awesome site.  ;D

It on the same Mega link you sent before?

Evanus

Evanus

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Sep 06, 2018, 10:48:54 AM
New version is up on Mega, made some small changes.. Improved some of the edits, the colour timing of the deleted scenes now matches the rest of the film better and the file size is bigger resulting in better quality overall. Also toned down some of the changes and cuts I made previously, to create a more vanilla experience of the film.

Also, the edit is now included on the fan edits section of muthur9000's Yutani.blog! Thanks again for including it on your awesome site.  ;D

It's this link: https://mega.nz/#!6fgEzARC!_ChL2QLoo4IeuY8I1LHn1cf__TwzyuvWDR086i_M9Xg

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Evanus on Sep 06, 2018, 01:22:47 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Sep 06, 2018, 10:48:54 AM

It's this link: https://mega.nz/#!6fgEzARC!_ChL2QLoo4IeuY8I1LHn1cf__TwzyuvWDR086i_M9Xg

Awesome

Kakarotte

Kakarotte

Hello, does this edit have 'The last supper' scene added?

Evanus

Evanus

Quote from: Kakarotte on Sep 13, 2018, 09:22:56 PM

Hello, does this edit have 'The last supper' scene added?
It doesn't have The Last Supper as I thought it didn't flow well with the rest of the film, and some of the editing is a bit rough.

The Old One

The Old One

The Last Supper is also the worst of all the virals, so thank you for that.

Nostromo

Nostromo

Yes thank you for not adding that!

MU-TH-UR 6000

Yeah, I don't get why Luke Scott's shorts are so wonky when it comes to the editing. The ones he did for Blade Runner 2049 are equally... "unconfortable" to watch  ::)

The Old One

The Old One

I enjoyed most of his shorts, just not the Last Supper or the Jared Leto short.

MoviesGamesMusic

What are the differences between the first Evanus edit and this revised one? What are the "toned down changes and cuts" that were made specifically?

Just trying to work out which version is the better one to watch.

Thanks.

Evanus

Evanus

Quote from: MetroManila on Oct 16, 2018, 02:48:19 PM
What are the differences between the first Evanus edit and this revised one? What are the "toned down changes and cuts" that were made specifically?

Just trying to work out which version is the better one to watch.

Thanks.
For the first version I removed some shots of the Xenomorph in the end, mainly during the cargo lift scene and the Xeno vision shots. I also added some extra sound effects and music throughout the film. When I was working on the new version, I thought that some of the changes I made weren't necessary so I restored those parts the way they were in the original film. So it's really just some small cuts and edits that I toned down to create a more vanilla extended version of the film.

The Old One

The Old One

Provocative edition, alterations I disagree with- but one unique observation nonetheless as one narrative.

David Weyland

David Weyland

Evanus' Edit is the best fancut at the moment of the film.
Coalesced Chaos' fancut is very intelligently cut also & is more comprehensive by including everything, includes Last Supper, Phobos, virals and puts Advent where I think it should be before the end credits but ultimately it is a very close second imo, it's just too epic but for this reason alone, the Evanus edit is No.1-
It has a more powerful opening in the lead up to the AC opening credits with the close up of David crying as he's about to drop the pathogen on Planet 4

The Old One

The Old One

I'd agree, though believe the Engineers shouldn't be seen until the full revelation.
& Phobos + The Last Supper dismantle the pace.

SiL

SiL

Good editing is often knowing what to cut out.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed