XENOMORPH: Lucky Star

Started by Olaf.Brunson, Feb 16, 2016, 05:56:59 PM

Author
XENOMORPH: Lucky Star (Read 27,937 times)

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Cant wait for Chapter two

Olaf.Brunson

Olaf.Brunson

It has been a running thing with us that the updates have been a day or two late. There's not much I can do on my end to resolve this, but at least I know it is usually for a legitimate reason on the illustrator's end. I'll say something here when it is posted

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Looks cool.  Nice work.  Very vibrant, and I would say that the characters are fairly cartoonized with big expressive eyes.  That is an unusual take on Aliens art, but its playing out nicely.  It will be really horrific once the Alien goes to town on the cartoonish characters.  The drawing of the Alien is quite good.  Looking forward to the next issues.

Olaf.Brunson

Olaf.Brunson

For your patience, here is a preview of the new page

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Looking good!

Olaf.Brunson

Olaf.Brunson

I have to stop procrastinating on writing now that the illustrator is caught up haha

Now that the 2nd chapter has officially started, I would like to kick it off with a Q&A here. Any questions you have related to this comic, fire away! I will save them for my printed copy.

Olaf.Brunson

Olaf.Brunson

426Buddy

426Buddy

Great page, art is really cool  8)

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Yes, really well done.  Also, the original Walt Simonson / Archie Goodwin comic never included the Lucky Star aspect so it is great to see done here.  Lastly, have you considered making the panel gaps black instead of white?  This would help to enhance the darkness of the scenes.  With the white color framing everything, you have this high contrast effect which pulls the viewer out of the frame.

Olaf.Brunson

Olaf.Brunson

Hmm, I'll look into the black panel borders thing.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Heads up everyone, the next page is up  ;)

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

That looks fantastic as always. Love how its linked in

Olaf.Brunson

Olaf.Brunson

Yep, there was a on time update on the 1st of April. We did contemplate an april fools update before the real one but didn't have enough time.

Also, my procrastination has caught up to me, so I am actively writing the story again to keep updates on time (at least on my end haha)

I have reviewed story board rough drafts of the upcoming pages for chapter 2 and they're looking good. Can't wait to get them posted!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Out of curiosity have you considered waiting for the entire chapters to be done before release or are you happy with the page by page posting?

Olaf.Brunson

Olaf.Brunson

As much as I would love to wait until entire chapters are completed, we feel like it would take longer to complete each chapter,

We decided to do a page by page mostly because of the people interested in reading wanting to see it ASAP.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed