What would you like to see in our Prometheus videogame?

Started by Nrage, Dec 11, 2012, 02:35:48 AM

Author
What would you like to see in our Prometheus videogame? (Read 10,404 times)

Nrage

Nrage

I've been involved in some Prometheus game projects, some more than others. The one I'm currently modelling, texturing, and, animating for is going extremely well. We never imagined making a game of this scope, yet here we are and we're damn excited.

I want it to be a major success, and for that I would like to know what you would like to see in a Prometheus game? Using the Doom 3 engine there will be a bit of first person shooter action, puzzle elements, and a lot of exploration. We even have some surprises and also easter eggs for the observant Alien fan. Its a work-in-progress and we don't plan to be entirely finished for another few months.

So please don't be shy, if you have a good enough idea and its possible to do, who knows it might just make it in the final product.

The following images are of a work-in-progress and are subject to change.

King

King

possibly a secret boss, say  an original xenomorph  or an original jockey born xenomorph (ultra morph), something along that line of that idea would be cool to see :)

Nrage

Nrage

Quote from: King on Dec 11, 2012, 07:47:57 AM
possibly a secret boss, say  an original xenomorph  or an original jockey born xenomorph (ultra morph), something along that line of that idea would be cool to see :)

We actually do have a secret boss at one point in the game, but of course its secret. And you have time to explore the pyramid as well, there will be some surprises and possible horrible beasties lurking and waiting. Most of which have never been featured in a game before, others who've never been featured in a film before.

As far as creature features that will not be secret I can say this. If it appears in the movie Prometheus, I guarantee it will appear in the game. ;)

Thanks for the post and the suggestions, I'm confident that we will be able to make what you say happen.

screenwriter805

screenwriter805

How is the doom engine at handli bump maps? Looking at the chamber, i can see the specularity sort of kills the effect of depth. I am thinking it has to be because of the rendering engine.

All in all a very nice job. Though, whoever is in charge of the vehicles (as i assume u are doing the organic, and very well, I might add :) ) tell the, to be mindful of the silhouette. Its very blocky on the edges, but again, could just be limitations with hardware.

What is your average poly count for one level? Looks like you have a lot going on on the scenes, so is there occlusion culling goi on?

If i ever get another pc, i may ask if you guys need assistance in the future. I specialize in modeling, texturing, rigging, and animating. I may not be available for a while tho, as I have to give a lecture in Puerto Rico on 3d sculpting soon... But that will be over at the beginning of January.

Nrage

Nrage

Quote from: screenwriter805 on Dec 11, 2012, 04:29:46 PM
How is the doom engine at handli bump maps? Looking at the chamber, i can see the specularity sort of kills the effect of depth. I am thinking it has to be because of the rendering engine.

All in all a very nice job. Though, whoever is in charge of the vehicles (as i assume u are doing the organic, and very well, I might add :) ) tell the, to be mindful of the silhouette. Its very blocky on the edges, but again, could just be limitations with hardware.

What is your average poly count for one level? Looks like you have a lot going on on the scenes, so is there occlusion culling goi on?

If i ever get another pc, i may ask if you guys need assistance in the future. I specialize in modeling, texturing, rigging, and animating. I may not be available for a while tho, as I have to give a lecture in Puerto Rico on 3d sculpting soon... But that will be over at the beginning of January.

Perhaps, who knows what the future may bring and collaborations are always welcome. There is a ton going on in this game and we have to be very mindful of poly count. To give an example the engineer I made, which you can see in the first image has less than 1800 vertices. Now right now I've been working on mostly creatures and the lions share of the work is on the shoulders of my partner and he's done a wonderful job thusfar. I make most of the creatures, model, texture, some cases rig and animate them. So far the only vehicle I've contributed is the juggernaut and that still is unfinished. The game does pretty well with normals which really help enhance the details of these low poly models and the specularity is flexible enough, do keep in mind that Doom 3 is about 8 years old. Its also worth noting that we are only 2 people working on this and plan to be covering the entirety of the film from beginning to end.

Thanks for the comment! ;)

screenwriter805

screenwriter805

Two people?! Yikes! Now that is certainly talent, but I don't need to tell you that. It certainly explains why you are using doom instead of a modern engine, but even for something of this scope, two people will not make the cut. If you like, i can make an announcement in my tutorial page about ur project.. See if we can't get you more people? Whether you and your partner realize it, you need more people. As nice as this looks with just two, it would be a shame to see this go to a graveyard due to overworked artists.

Nrage

Quote from: screenwriter805 on Dec 11, 2012, 04:52:33 PM
Two people?! Yikes! Now that is certainly talent, but I don't need to tell you that. It certainly explains why you are using doom instead of a modern engine, but even for something of this scope, two people will not make the cut. If you like, i can make an announcement in my tutorial page about ur project.. See if we can't get you more people? Whether you and your partner realize it, you need more people. As nice as this looks with just two, it would be a shame to see this go to a graveyard due to overworked artists.

Honestly, I think we can do it, we're already more than halfway done. Actually if someone was really wanting to help we could always use a hand in the prop department. I've got a good handle on the creature features and only have about 4 creatures left to finish, 2 of which are already modelled and textured. I'll ask my partner what he would like help with. He did mention before that a new engineer cryopod would be most useful, do keep in mind low poly skills is a must.

screenwriter805

screenwriter805

Well, I wouldn't be too worried about them pulling off Low poly skills, haha. My instruction has landed people professional jobs, so i can call in a favor or two if I must, but if you think you have it covered, I can wait till you are ready for assistance.

I certainly don't want that day to come, but I have a feeling you are a young man. The younger we are, the more we are concerned with doing things on our own, so I don't blame you. If you aren't a young man, then I apologize. :)

In any event, keep up the work, but just keep in mind that if this is for a portfolio, two people will not cut it. Developers need to know their artists work well with large groups. Just a heads up.

Good luck, my friend!

Nrage

Quote from: screenwriter805 on Dec 11, 2012, 05:12:02 PM
Well, I wouldn't be too worried about them pulling off Low poly skills, haha. My instruction has landed people professional jobs, so i can call in a favor or two if I must, but if you think you have it covered, I can wait till you are ready for assistance.

I certainly don't want that day to come, but I have a feeling you are a young man. The younger we are, the more we are concerned with doing things on our own, so I don't blame you. If you aren't a young man, then I apologize. :)

In any event, keep up the work, but just keep in mind that if this is for a portfolio, two people will not cut it. Developers need to know their artists work well with large groups. Just a heads up.

Good luck, my friend!

Thanks for the tip it is much appreciated. Its a passion project, both of us are massive Alien fans and we still have the same energy and excitement for the project we had since we first started several months ago. Its been an amazing experience, even if I slow down he'll show me what hes workin' on and that gets me fired up and then I show him what I've been doing and that gets him going. There's been days banging our heads against the walls, but overall we're having alot of fun.

screenwriter805

screenwriter805

Well if it is a labor of love, you cant really go wrong. Be sure to post screenshots often!

Nrage

Nrage

It seems we got a guy who specializes in making professional menus and huds coming in to work on our game. Seeing his work and the ideas that he has I'm really excited to see him do his magic for our mod.

Working on animating one of our creatures this week, and that creature is...

;D

Nrage

So I've been trying to add weapons that would feel natural in the Prometheus universe and thanks to a thread in this forum I was introduced to the weyland storm rifle, very cool!
http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/Weyland_Storm_Rifle

I have spent the last day modelling and texturing, I hope that I can get it to function like I'd like it to in-game. Had a blast recreating it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deg1YWZVeec#

Nrage

Rendered this out. Everything except the backdrop and title are rendered game models, including the hammerpede.

Nrage

Nrage

For several months me and my partner have been working on this here Prometheus Doom 3 mod. It may take several more months to finish, but with your help we can get this game finished in a more reasonable fashion. So join our team and help us make a game mod to remember, of course you will be accredited for your work and have your own special section in the game credits.

If anybody is willing to contribute to our ambitious project please leave a reply here or pm me.

What do we need?
Things we need modeled are the engineers cryopod, the RED pressuresuits, and an exterior model of the prometheus ship.
here's some refs:
cryopod

red pressuresuits

prometheus exterior

They will need to be lopoly, my models usually end up around 2000 verts, the Prometheus exterior will obviously be the most detailed, I'm sure we could push 8000 vertices for that one.

SpreadEagleBeagle

This looks really promising I must say!  8)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed