AVP Legacy proposal (MP built by, and for the AVP community)

Started by PLEXI, Sep 26, 2010, 01:57:01 AM

Author
AVP Legacy proposal (MP built by, and for the AVP community) (Read 9,161 times)

PLEXI

PLEXI

I've had this idea for a while now, ever since the first release of the AVP (2010) Demo. The various complaints in regards to the game not living up to expectations or forgetting about past contributions to the series altogether. The strong modding community AVP that has held throughout the years. The release of Mektek's Assault Tech 1 only let this idea grow further.

The idea is to attempt to successfully combine all the things that have made the 3 AVP games worth playing into a single game for the entire AVP community to enjoy.

What we're looking for:
The project is being developed on the UDK,  knowledge of the Unreal editor is essential.

Concept and Production artists

Level designers

Audio engineers! Sound..Music..etc

Character and prop Modelers, Texture artists, and animators

Suggestions and ideas, otherwise how would be know what everyone wants? :P I'll update this post with an overview of the game's core elements when we're done revising it.

...and eventually beta testing... (long ways away)

This is a community based effort, any and all help is welcome. The AVP Legacy forum is currently under construction, I'll post a link once the site is up and running properly.

Cap. Fitzgerald

I can be an on and off concept artist.
Send a PM my way :)

Le Celticant

We switch to the UDK (Unreal Development Kit) based on the Unreal Engine 3.0 (the one that Gearbox is using for A:CM)
If anybody feels useful, please contact me or PLEXI for more informations.

Architect3D

This is a big project in mind. Recreate an alien v predator game for the UDK. good for practice in case A:CM releases mod tools.

Set up a main page at Moddb.com for updates and group access. look forward to joining the group. help out a bit.

so far how many people you got working on the thing?

cause you NEED progress reports this early in the game, just to motivate each other this is some sort of real attempt.

Is there a push moving forward or just waiting for more help right now.

I can help out with model asset building. But first set up a professional list of model's preferably with pictures along with anticipated detailed description. (Poly limit,# of LOD's , output format, texture limits , etc.)
And modelers can check the models off the list as they take responsibility for them.

PLEXI

PLEXI

Here's the link to the project's forum
http://avplegacy.forumotion.net/index.htm
The developer area is currently set to private, so anyone interested in helping should make an account so I can add you to the list. The forum is still under construction as I have not had the time in between school work to devote to it. Just send me a PM to make sure I notice.

QuoteThis is a big project in mind.
Very.
Quoteso far how many people you got working on the thing?
About 8 people, with a mixed bag of skill sets. (Currently only have 3 actually working on anything, the rest are suggesting ideas though.)
QuoteIs there a push moving forward or just waiting for more help right now.
Pushing forward where we can, but we can't do much until we get more people working on the project.
QuoteI can help out with model asset building. But first set up a professional list of model's preferably with pictures along with anticipated detailed description. (Poly limit,# of LOD's , output format, texture limits , etc.)
And modelers can check the models off the list as they take responsibility for them.
Good to know.  We're still deciding on pretty much everything. That's mainly why I posted here so early... I wanted to recruit as many people as possible asap so we had a good idea of what everyone wants early rather than start releasing builds and receive tons of negative feedback. Also because much help is needed to see this project become a reality.

Sorry for the late reply... I'm extremely sick atm, and it's been making life difficult... >.<

skull-splitter

Can't model yet, even though it's been on my to-do-list for the past 10 years, LOL, so I'll have to pass on that. Art I can supply, also textures would be possible with a little help.

Also, rule-sets and story I can provide or help with.

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Story? Not plans for MP, a SP will perhaps come and if it is, it'll be based on the AVP2 game that I already re-wrote 2 years ago  ;)
Rule-sets... you mean gameplay and suggestions idea?

You can still suggest anything you want in the 'Idea and Suggestions' section of the board: http://avplegacy.forumotion.net/forum.htm

PLEXI

QuoteAlso, rule-sets and story I can provide or help with.
QuoteStory? Not plans for MP
That's not completely true, as we will have mission based MP maps.  While I wouldn't call it a full blown narrative, the missions need a basic structure to follow.
As for single player campaigns, Le Ceticant as expressed interest in remaking AVP2's campaign, but we can always add more.

And of course, any and all help is welcome.

Le Celticant

The 'basic' of the forum is done, you can register it and post in the right boards.
Forum link: http://avplegacy.forumotion.net/

By the way I pop up the the thread, we're seeking for a good coder (preferably with Unreal Script knowledge but not necessary) to work with the engine and the gameplay (implant in coding our thought).

Corporal Hicks

Will this be a completely standalone download?

PLEXI

QuoteWill this be a completely standalone download?
Yes. The idea is to create something completely new for the AVP community.

skull-splitter

Quote from: Le Celticant on Oct 02, 2010, 12:18:31 PM
Story? Not plans for MP, a SP will perhaps come and if it is, it'll be based on the AVP2 game that I already re-wrote 2 years ago  ;)

You can still suggest anything you want in the 'Idea and Suggestions' section of the board: http://avplegacy.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Story adds to the atmosphere, you need something to adhere the levels to, or else it will be Quake AVP-arena all over again. Story, depth and tension.

Gameplay and rule sets are set in numbers, and I have some idea's to get AvP to function well in a MP environment.

Le Celticant

Quote from: skull-splitter on Oct 17, 2010, 12:06:01 PM
Quote from: Le Celticant on Oct 02, 2010, 12:18:31 PM

Story adds to the atmosphere, you need something to adhere the levels to, or else it will be Quake AVP-arena all over again. Story, depth and tension.

Gameplay and rule sets are set in numbers, and I have some idea's to get AvP to function well in a MP environment.

Gameplay define the style of the game. It's unlike Quake-like system... (and it doesn't need a story to give this aspect to the game) it's in fact very far from Quake-like where all opponent rush...
(Character speed are realistic, no push to some ultra high velocity, jump are small, tactic rules the game).

For story feel free to post whatever is in your mind in the forum or via PM / e-mail.

ThePredhunt

I work me too on a projet  AVP on UDK    ;)

if you has a probleme , i can help you

Le Celticant

No problem mate, I'll contact you if needed.  ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed