REQUIEM28'S Artwork

Started by Requiem28, Dec 24, 2008, 09:21:52 PM

Author
REQUIEM28'S Artwork (Read 159,901 times)

Space Sweeper

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Feb 21, 2012, 02:52:02 AM
if you make a DA before you're a professional you're doomed to never progress. too much cocksucking, and it's foolish to think you can depend on better artists to give you advice.

just my experience.
Seems you had some wrong expectancies then.

Requiem28

Requiem28

Alright, Have a Godzilla 1998 piece I'm working on right now, so hopefully it'll be up soon.  I'll post in progress pic soon maybe...

samoht

samoht

HORY SHET!

That pred collage is beast.

DRAW SOME ALIENS FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Feb 21, 2012, 02:52:02 AM
if you make a DA before you're a professional you're doomed to never progress. too much cocksucking, and it's foolish to think you can depend on better artists to give you advice.

just my experience.

Cocksucking? What web site did you end up on?  :laugh: Seriously, it depends of if your the type of artist that is inspired by or beaten down by someone elses 'better' or more skilled work. I'm the former. I love art and fellow artists in all their peculiarities, humbleness, or arrogance. Advice on art is always subjective, so unless it's technical advice you seek, DA is best used for feedback, meta data analytics, and inspiration.

Quote from: Requiem28 on Feb 21, 2012, 02:04:01 PM
Yeah, I'd rather just stay away from art communities.  I'm going to an academy of fine arts right now to develope my skills further, so that's my community right there.  Besides, I think most of the stuff on there is digital work.  I'm more about traditional painstaking work.

(Sorry if I'm sounding like a prissy bitch...really not what I'm trying to go for here)

There is tons of traditional art on display on DA. If the ratio of digital to traditional is tipped towards digital it's because of the digital age we live in. It's essential to get your work seen if you want to make a living at it this day and age. Unfortunately there is the copyright/stealing issue that's inherent in any and all online galleries. (Not just DA which combats this with a watermark option that I'm not all that fond of.)

Your work is great. And I agree with others that you should venture out of this small town of AVPG and wade out into the larger gulf that is DA or some other passage way to the larger ocean of creative spirits that are out there right now waiting for you to join them in the ether!

Requiem28

Requiem28

AVENGERS!  ASSEMBLE!!!!!

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

:o :o :o  BWOOOAAAHHH.

Genuinely kick-ass. Love love love the pen style here. How did you achieve the smoke effect? Looks like some erased pencil.

Rick Grimes

AMAZING!!!!

Requiem28

Requiem28

Thanks  :) For the smoke, I used water color.

King Rathalos

Quote from: Requiem28 on May 06, 2012, 07:50:41 PM
AVENGERS!  ASSEMBLE!!!!!

Motherf**k, that is golden. :o 8)

Deadmeat

Deadmeat

He he, nice stuff, dude.

Requiem28

Requiem28

Thanks Deadmeat  ;)

MudButt

MudButt

Damn that Avengers piece is amazing. You should show of some more Marvel stuff.. how I love Marvel stuff..

Requiem28

Requiem28

Thanks MuddButt  :D  I'll try to whip some more stuff out.

Bat Chain Puller

Sweet man! Love how you mixed techniques on this one. Something about it reminds me of a medieval brass rubbing!

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on May 09, 2012, 06:10:01 AM
Sweet man! Love how you mixed techniques on this one. Something about it reminds me of a medieval brass rubbing!

Oh man, that sounds like something very very very naughty.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed