How AvPR (opening night) was received by the Danish audience (if anyone cares)

Started by Venenoso, Jan 14, 2008, 01:41:17 AM

Author
How AvPR (opening night) was received by the Danish audience (if anyone cares) (Read 6,889 times)

Venenoso

So I went to see AvPR at the premiere this Friday, in the biggest theatre in Copenhagen that bothered screening it.

It was close to midnight but surprisingly the theatre was packed. The first thing i noticed was how the disastrous AvP obviously had rubbed it's lameness off on the kiddo target group, there were dozens of kids in the theatre! One who was sitting next to me, kept jumping off his seat while covering his eyes each time something 'scary' happened. It was very annoying cause it made my seat shake like crazy (sensitive seats?) and I couldn't stop thinking "wtf is this 11 year old doing here anyway?".

Anyway, nobody in the audience was boo'ing at any time, two times the whole cinema was cheering, and once people were clapping. Only once people laughed and yeah you guessed it "the government doesn't lie to people". 

Comments I heard from people among the audience: "how the hell did that thing grow so fast" "it was too short" "the ending sucked" + a lot of corny comments from children.

My opinion about AvPR... since I went in with zero expectations I was actually kinda relieved afterwards, it didn't suck as much as I expected. Chet looked better than expected, and Wolf was badass. For the most the film looked very good, except it was too dark in the beginning (oddly it appeared to clear up later in the 2nd half of the movie).
Some of the chest bursting was pretty gruesome although too quick. One thing that really sucked was the Alien tongue in especially one scene where it was so obvious that it was CGI that I almost puked because it looked so fake. That's something I hope they fix on the DVD.

I'm not gonna act like it hasn't already been mentioned several times but some of the acting was very very bad. It was strange though, because it appeared that Johnny Lewis & Steven Pasquale kept cycling their acting, what I mean is that Ricky was believable in some scenes, and so was Dallas, but in others they were terrible, I'm particularly thinking of the expression in their faces. I just think it's a shame because I think both have potential but the scenes were probably just rushed.

I was entertained but I wasn't satisfied; too short, bad acting, stereotype characters + dialogue, way too short final battle / great score, great visuals. 5/10

:)

kcirtap33

how did you know the kid next to you was 11? :P

Spectre

Hey go see In the Name of The King then you will give AVP-R actors a good review...

Andrew127

Yeah I have noticed foriegn countries often give the Alien and Predator films better reviews than they do in the US.

I live in the UK and I read a review for AVP-R today in The Sunday Mirror Tabloid (remember the film doesnt open till Friday so there must have been a UK press screening) and it gave it a favourable 3/5.

I noticed this for the first AVP as well.

Predalienslayer

I saw AvP2 on the opening night in Copenhagen as well, and had the same experience as you except for the following:

- There were no kids
- People laughed one more time: "There's a monster outside my window" and the parent just showing relief, thinking she had a dream, made me laugh too :D :D
- No clapping, but alot of cheering

Acting didn't bother me, but it was short and too dim lighting.

Venenoso

Quote from: kcirtap33 on Jan 14, 2008, 01:45:00 AM
how did you know the kid next to you was 11? :P
I didn't, but he didn't look a day older than 11 (prolly 10-12). Any more intelligent questions?

Venenoso

Quote from: Predalienslayer on Jan 14, 2008, 09:29:19 AM
I saw AvP2 on the opening night in Copenhagen as well, and had the same experience as you except for the following:

- There were no kids
- People laughed one more time: "There's a monster outside my window" and the parent just showing relief, thinking she had a dream, made me laugh too :D :D
- No clapping, but alot of cheering

Acting didn't bother me, but it was short and too dim lighting.
No kids really?? Palads... or? At what time? The kid next to me had 4 friends at same age sitting next to him, and there were 2-3 other kids on that same row. I counted around 20 clearly underage (didn't bother to count more  ;D) and I was a bit surprised about that.

People were clapping when that blonde chick got impaled to the wall by mistake.

vehtam

Quote from: Dragon-Pred on Jan 14, 2008, 03:09:26 AM
Hey go see In the Name of The King then you will give AVP-R actors a good review...

priceless and very tru :D, you have to compare AVPR to one of the biggest failures in cinematography history to make it's actors look good in another viewing.

Jango1201

you guys are lucky, some brainless mother brought her baby to christmas day opening here in New York. The kid did nothing but scream and cry the whole second half of the movie.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed