Just Talk.

Started by Amaterasu, Aug 22, 2013, 02:02:12 AM

Author
Just Talk. (Read 553,430 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 18, 2022, 05:40:42 PM
My mom is sick with covid now.  And she's unvaxxed.  And in her 70s.

Wishing a quick recovery in your direction!

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jan 19, 2022, 03:28:35 PM
Being up all night's not good for your health but it can be fun.

Not the next day!

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

She was implying implications.  ;)

Getting ready to move has my head in an absolute mess.

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

https://youtu.be/EC5hKUYtZRY
I made this Hope you enjoyed

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

She's being taken to the hospital now.  Her acupuncturist is the one who convinced her to go.

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Glad she is getting medical help. Hoping she gets well soon.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 20, 2022, 05:13:55 PM

She's being taken to the hospital now.  Her acupuncturist is the one who convinced her to go.

After dealing with an undersupplied and exhausted hospital staff who were in no mood to deal with yet another uncooperative covid patient, she was sent home last night with a prescription for Paxlovid.  However, she's refusing to take it because of all the "research" she did.

She went back today to demand monoclonal antibodies, but they put her on oxygen instead.

SiL

SiL

I'm sorry to hear my dude  :(

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

That's rough man.  It affects everyone so differently maybe after a day or to she'll be alright.

It didn't effect me that badly but it was extremely rough on my dad.  He's 62 but actually made the best turnaround after.  My mom had it and can't taste or smell on what is going on 10 months.  I'm mostly ok but my taste and smell isn't 100 percent back yet either, and I've been getting tired earlier than I used to.  But that might just be me getting old.  I dunno.

Kradan

Kradan

I'm not sure I had covid but changing of the senses of taste and smell is definetly something I've experienced in the last year or two. It started when I caght a cold in the winter of 2020/2021. For couple of weeks I couldn't smell or taste anything. They my senses returned but they were, Idk, different ? I started to notice that food has a different taste. For example, in the past I really liked watermelons but not so much now - It has a different taste and I don't like it anymore. Or freshly cut grass smelled like a fish

Is it possible I had a light form of the disease and didn't even realise it ?

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

I'd say it's possible. And I've read taste can be warped for some people long after recovery

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Sounds like you did. I know someone who works in a hospital and caught it around the start of the pandemic. She still doesn't have her sense of taste back.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Might very well just be one of things that doesn't fully come back for reasons.

A little over 4 years ago I got a pinched nerve that was the worst pain in my 30 years of existence where even strong pain killers didn't fully help. It started as a normal pain only at the back of my neck where the spine is, but then slowly started traveling down to my left arm right down to my hand for a couple days and at the same time turned into the most intense pain in my life for weeks.

4 years later and one my fingers still doesn't have full feeling.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: Kradan on Jan 22, 2022, 08:47:41 AM
I'm not sure I had covid but changing of the senses of taste and smell is definetly something I've experienced in the last year or two. It started when I caght a cold in the winter of 2020/2021. For couple of weeks I couldn't smell or taste anything. They my senses returned but they were, Idk, different ? I started to notice that food has a different taste. For example, in the past I really liked watermelons but not so much now - It has a different taste and I don't like it anymore. Or freshly cut grass smelled like a fish

Is it possible I had a light form of the disease and didn't even realise it ?

Some people caught it overseas before it had reached endemic status in China just because of all the in and out traffic of China. 

I've had colds where things have tasted off, but I have never had anything where I couldn't taste or smell anything at all like I did with Covid.  Everything tasted like unflavored tofu. 

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jan 22, 2022, 10:07:21 PM
Everything tasted like unflavored tofu.
I feel like advertising this to the obligate carnivore crowd could probably sway some people to vaccinate. That sounds awful.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

It did.  I lost about ten lbs while it was going on because I didn't eat anything. 

People don't realize how much they actually enjoy eating until you taste absolutely nothing when you do eat.  I'd eat the most random stuff together because it would all taste the same. 

It would've been a great time to do any sort of spicy food challenge. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed