Recent posts

https://twitter.com/DANIELPEMBERTON/status/1527409111805087755

:o

Wonder what a The Last Duel synth score would have sounded like...
Prey / Re: It's Official! Prey is Rat...
Last post by Kailem - Today at 05:10:54 PM
I've always taken it that the Predators are "honourable", but not in the way they we would consider someone who might be thought of as "honourable" to be.

City Hunter slaughters a bunch of civilians in that subway car who have no idea who or what he is, or what's even going on. They're not soldiers, they're not heavily armed, but they are armed nonetheless and so to him they're fair game. Likewise Predators are shown to be totally cool with blasting people in the back while invisible, which at the very least would seem to most of us like a pretty cheap move if not a downright "dishonourable" one by our understanding of the term.

But they definitely have a code that they're shown to follow, and I think it's there where things like "honour" and "sporting conduct" etc. start to blend together. Greyback allowing Harrigan to live and even gifting him a trophy for besting City Hunter definitely comes off as a show of respect and acknowledgement of his achievement from one warrior to another, rather than just a set "kill Pred get gun" law that they've got written down somewhere. So it's the reasoning behind that code where I think a lot of people get the "honour" part from.

So it's stuff like that which helps make them such compelling characters. They're brutal and sadistic on the one hand, with weapons and tactics that are just straight-up nasty in a lot of cases, but (nine times out of ten) they're also not just in it simply to kill everyone and everything they find like your average space monster.
Quote from: judge death on Today at 04:32:47 PMGood news, time for the writer to step up his game as to me his previous work has been bad with breaking lore and doing made up stuff to the xeno and avoiding explaining his thinking, still no explanation on the facehuggers why they were different and now on the planet they are back to normal after he claimed they keep the traits of the previous generations.....

Relaunch? Does this mean they already removed their own series as uncanon and making a new one? What happened with the whole ongoing series? xD

Oh well, now they get a new chance from me, artist seems good so its all down to the writers work now....

Honestly I was wondering about that too... restarting at issue 1

They had that ongoing series, but they used "ongoing" kinda loosely. There was a completely separate story arc for issue #7, so they could have easily re-started at issue 1 there too.

Maybe they're re-starting the numbering because the artist changed?

Maybe, symbolically, they're changing their canon and calling a do-over?

Maybe they're moving away from the ongoing series format and changing to a "limited series" format more like dark horse? (which is what it seemed like they were doing to me already, just keeping the same creative team and a continuous numbering system).

Either way! So stoked larroca is gone! Now just waiting for Phillip Kennedy Johnson to leave alien too!
Quote from: judge death on Today at 04:32:47 PMGood news, time for the writer to step up his game as to me his previous work has been bad with breaking lore and doing made up stuff to the xeno and avoiding explaining his thinking, still no explanation on the facehuggers why they were different and now on the planet they are back to normal after he claimed they keep the traits of the previous generations.....

Relaunch? Does this mean they already removed their own series as uncanon and making a new one? What happened with the whole ongoing series? xD

Oh well, now they get a new chance from me, artist seems good so its all down to the writers work now....
number 1s sell.  Marvel relaunches stuff when theres a statues quo change , a creative team change or if is coming off a big line wide event Ala theres probably going to be new x-men books after the Judgement day event this summer.  Alien #1 is just a continuation of the previous series just relaunching cause of a new artist   
Prey / Re: Prey (Skulls) Catch All Th...
Last post by Kailem - Today at 04:44:45 PM
Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Today at 12:44:08 AMSo... anyone expecting the Pred to survive in the end?

Nope. Having the Predator survive for the first time against the first live-action female lead in the franchise wouldn't send a great message.

If Greyback's in the film he'll be hunting people off to the side with the rest of his group and only show up briefly, a la the Lost Tribe at the end of P2. So he might well be there, and we might get our flintlock nod (perhaps we might get a scene of multiple Predators hunting a group of people, then the main one singles out Naru for the remainder of the film), but there's no way he's going to be the main antagonist.
Good news, time for the writer to step up his game as to me his previous work has been bad with breaking lore and doing made up stuff to the xeno and avoiding explaining his thinking, still no explanation on the facehuggers why they were different and now on the planet they are back to normal after he claimed they keep the traits of the previous generations.....

Prey / Re: Prey (Skulls) Catch All Th...
Last post by Doomofman - Today at 04:04:09 PM
Quote from: The Shuriken on Today at 03:13:16 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Today at 07:50:57 AMIf it is Greyback...it'd be a nice change of pace.

Are there any rumors hinting at this Predator being Greyback? Or is just speculation based on the time period?

I personally don't think director or writer is aware of the lore make that connection. But I'm a pessimist, so.
I think there was a rumour that the FX team bought several replicas of the pistol from the end of P2
There's a solicitation for Predator issue 2 in there too
Recreational Area / Re: What made you happy today?
Last post by Crazy Rich - Today at 03:28:54 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Today at 05:23:33 AM
Quote from: Crazy Rich on May 14, 2022, 01:39:03 PMAfter losing 5lbs in the past 2 months from just changing how I eat I'm now looking into fat burning exercises with optimism.

Have you tried any supplements to accelerate your weight loss?  I've had success with PhenQ.

It's not something that I'm really seeking out.
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube RSS Feed