“Tropical Heatwave,” Predator 2

Started by City Hunter Yautja, Jul 08, 2021, 08:31:53 AM

Author
“Tropical Heatwave,” Predator 2 (Read 1,588 times)

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

Predator 2 opens with the news saying a major drought and heatwave is happening in L.A. CA.

I thought this is interesting because California is experiencing a mega drought and heatwave this year.

Weird when reality matches a movie from thirty-one years ago, almost feels prophetic.

EDITED to correct years from Twenty to Thirty-One.

SiL

SiL

Hate to break it to you but Predator 2 is 31 this year.

Now I feel old :(

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Jul 08, 2021, 08:31:53 AM
Predator 2 opens with the news saying a major drought and heatwave is happening in L.A. CA.

I thought this is interesting because California is experiencing a mega drought and heatwave this year.

Weird when reality matches a movie from thirty-one years ago, almost feels prophetic.

EDITED to correct years from Twenty to Thirty-One.

Hmm. I would personally say both are incorrect from this perspective... :)

Predator 2 occurs in 1997. If we are suggesting writers Jim & John Thomas are prophetic, and what they predicted would happen in 1997 is actually occurring today, then we would say the Jim & John Thomas prophecy was off by a mere 24 years!

But yes, SiL is correct, 31 years this November removed from the film that contained that prophecy, 32 years roughly from the script! :)

City Hunter Yautja

Well I meant above all else that its interesting how California is currently in the conditions of Predator 2. Perhaps the Hunt is about to begin. ;)

Voodoo Magic

Lol, yes, indeed.

Sorry, we tend to overanalyze things around here, me sometimes more than anyone. :laugh:

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 08, 2021, 04:28:25 PM
Lol, yes, indeed.

Sorry, we tend to overanalyze things around here, me sometimes more than anyone. :laugh:

That is fine by me. I tend to delve too deep into symbolism, numerology, meanings of names and etc. :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed