Are you a music reader? "Aliens in Full Score" is now available to pre-order!

Started by chrissiddall, Nov 17, 2020, 11:52:41 PM

Author
Are you a music reader? "Aliens in Full Score" is now available to pre-order! (Read 3,909 times)

chrissiddall

Sorry, shameless plug!  Still wondering what to buy your film music loving friends for Christmas?  Wonder no more!!  www.chrissiddallmusic.com/aliens

(This is an officially licensed product)

SM

SM

Awesome!  :)

How does copyright/ publishing work with Horner lifting Khachaturian's Gayane Ballet Adagio?

chrissiddall

Quote from: SM on Nov 18, 2020, 04:05:44 AM
Awesome!  :)

How does copyright/ publishing work with Horner lifting Khachaturian's Gayane Ballet Adagio?

I just licensed the Aliens score as recorded, if there were any copyright issues with the score at the time, they would have been dealt with long ago.

SM

Cool.

Any plans to transcribe the other movies?  And how long did it take?  Sounds like it would've taken a while.

chrissiddall

Quote from: SM on Nov 18, 2020, 10:17:27 PM
Cool.

Any plans to transcribe the other movies?  And how long did it take?  Sounds like it would've taken a while.

Oh yes, but I can't tell you what's next just yet.  I will say that Alien and Alien 3 are on my "one day" list, and Predator is a "maybe".
Also, this was not "transcribed" which would suggest "listened carefully and wrote down".  I had scans of James Horner's hand written score to use as reference and typeset or "engraved" that, making slight adjustments using the audio recording available from Varese Sarabande to spot anything which was changed during the recording session.

SM

Ah, right.  I thought those handwritten scores on your website were yours.

chrissiddall

Quote from: SM on Nov 18, 2020, 11:44:10 PM
Ah, right.  I thought those handwritten scores on your website were yours.

No that's the orchestrator Greig McRitchie's handwriting.

SiL

This is very cool and I'm tempted to get it just for the sake of it. I know two conductors who could read it, but not sure of either of their love of the franchise :laugh:

SM

Yeah I'm tempted too. There's no way I'd ever be able actually put it in front of a band, but it'd make for interesting reading.

chrissiddall

Hi guys.  Just a quick one to let you know this is back in stock if you wanted to pick up a copy.

www.chrissiddallmusic.com/aliens

Corporal Hicks

The musical side of things isn't one of my main interests when it comes to the series (outside of "I love this!"), but that was an interesting read! Thanks for that SM.

Corporal Hicks

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed