SiL

SiL

He's been awfully quiet on the Zazis.

Kradan

Kradan

Leave the guy alone. We all sometimes say things we later regret

SiL

SiL

I just feel like that wasn't a bad take so much as a political belief rearing its head that may or may not have some interesting thoughts about the way things panned out.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Guess the Kremlin Gremlin will have to keep his long table...

kwisatz

kwisatz

:D

https://asiatimes.com/2022/04/russia-japan-tensions-flare-anew-over-the-kurils/

Maybe Putin has already begun shifting ghost battalions on a fictional map like Adolf

Shinawi

Shinawi

I hope this isn't becoming a trend.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Not worth panicking about, but definitely worth keeping an eye on.

https://globalnews.ca/news/8851140/who-emergency-meeting-monkeypox/

SiL

SiL

Smallpox vaccine helps prevent it and there are existing treatments. Short term problem will be ramping up production if necessary.

I'd say it shouldn't turn into another COVID, but COVID shouldn't have turned into COVID.

At least the blistering sores will make it more obvious than "iT'S jUsT a COlD" crowd can ignore.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SiL on May 20, 2022, 09:42:46 PMI'd say it shouldn't turn into another COVID, but COVID shouldn't have turned into COVID.

If it weren't for that, I'd consider this simply "interesting". As it stands now, I don't think another pandemic is likely - but it's not impossible either.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Sorry, PC broke a few weeks ago, never succeeded in posting with my phone. New PC now so it's all good.

Macron sucks, they all do in my opinion. I didn't vote, I don't care enough. For the record, I'm french but my parents originally are from Algeria, which is an arabic country in north africa. Just in case some of you are making ideas. No blond haired blue eyed guy here  ;)

Oh and I don't regret what I said recently about Russia and all, I stand by my words, it is a complicated situation, Russia is dead wrong attacking like they did though. Does it appease the moral police of this forum ?

Must be cool belonging to such a force though ! Checking the morality of some people knowing very well that you are on the unequivocally good side of course, I kinda envy you !

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Kradan on Apr 25, 2022, 08:22:58 AMLeave the guy alone. We all sometimes say things we later regret

How about now?

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 23, 2022, 08:18:53 PM
Quote from: Kradan on Apr 25, 2022, 08:22:58 AMLeave the guy alone. We all sometimes say things we later regret

How about now?

You just have been promoted from officer to chief of the moral police force, such an example for all of us  ;D

Kradan

Kradan

Local, are you trying to create "AHA, GOTCHA !" moment here ? I do admit that for the first few seconds after reading BDJ words there was something boiling inside me and if we were in a physical proximity I would've probably punched him in the face. But, as the immidiate feelings cooled down and I resumed my ability to think somewhat rationally, I can't deny there being some truth to what he said. Of course, living outside of Ukraine right now makes it much easier to be "objective" and "non-biased" and to "not pick anybody's side". But I do agree that situation is complicated and that there's just too much stuff we don't know yet going on behind the scenes. stuff that doesn't get printed in newspapers and magazines. Of course, they invaded us and that's f**king horrible. But why ? Just because they're baaaaaad guys and we're gooooood guys ? Russia is ruled by a dictator and I don't believe there's salvation for him at this point, he's too far gone now. But our politicians ain't saints either. they're greedy and corrupt and abused their power far too many times and I do believe they've made many mistakes that led to this war, mistakes that are yet to be revealed to public. Ukranian news outlets keep pushing the notion that Russians are all "evil", that they're not even humans, they don't say "we killed 1000 Russian soldiers", they say "we eliminated 1000 orcs", they dehumanise them so our people would take it easier that many people, bad people but still people are dying each day. I don't like that because I feel like somebody tries to marrow my view, to manipulate my thoughts and feelings. How can we hope to achieve peace if we're not ready to see human beings in them ? We'll have to forgive and forget a lot of things, to move on, otherwise this war can go on until the last Ukranian kills last Russian

All of that is not to say that I just give up and accept Russia's official view of things but I refuse to just blindly accept everything our, EU's, USA's or anybody else's goverment says either

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 23, 2022, 07:48:50 PMMust be cool belonging to such a force though ! Checking the morality of some people knowing very well that you are on the unequivocally good side of course, I kinda envy you !

There's some truth to that too even though it's phrased in such a smug and arrogant way. Yes, Ukranians are suffering right now, they suffer a lot, but I do think we have the benefit of being ultimately on the "good" side. Can you imagine being a Russian, living in Russia after it lost the war ? How can you live knowing that you praised satan in human flesh, that your ignorance and conformism costed thousands of people their lives, that what you thought was truth turned out to be a lie ? It's like being a German after the May of 1945

However, I would still encourage BDJ to come over here and see how long he will be able to stay "objective" and "non-biased"

May 23, 2022, 11:09:22 PM

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 23, 2022, 09:05:10 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on May 23, 2022, 08:18:53 PM

How about now?

You just have been promoted from officer to chief of the moral police force, such an example for all of us  ;D

Oof

SiL

SiL

A noble sentiment but I don't think the guy deserves it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed