What are you reading?

Started by Undeadite, Jul 16, 2008, 09:14:29 PM

Author
What are you reading? (Read 282,259 times)

Undeadite

Undeadite

There may be a thread of this nature already but I cant find it. The question is simple, what books are you reading at the moment, what are they about, and would you recommend them to anyone?

Right now im in between two books, Dead Lines by John Skipp and Craig Spector and Book of the Dead by Jamie Russel. Dead Lines is about a guy who hangs himself and the effects this has on himself and others around him. Im only a couple chapters in, and its supposed to have a supernatural feel to it, so I cant wait to find out the entire plot.

Book of the Dead is a chronological history/study on zombie horror films. Starting with the emergence of the zombi myth from Haiti in America and ending with modern films like Shawn of the Dead (it came out a couple years ago so there isnt anything more recent than that), it details in depth this niche in horror. I was not expecting such a thurough analysis, and cant put it down!

Dead Lines is very dark, so people with sunny dispositions probably wouldnt like it, and Book of the Dead is amazing but only worth it if you really like zombies and the deeper meanings behind them.

maledoro

maledoro

I've just recently moved and while unpacking, I discovered that I still own If We Can Keep a Severed Head Alive...Discorporation and U.S. Patent 4,666,425 by Chet Fleming. The book is about whether or not it is ethical to keep a head alive if it was separated from its body. It's a neat book that I love to leave out on the coffee table for guests to discover.

sweeteyes

sweeteyes

Quote from: maledoro on Jul 17, 2008, 01:09:28 AM
I've just recently moved and while unpacking, I discovered that I still own If We Can Keep a Severed Head Alive...Discorporation and U.S. Patent 4,666,425 by Chet Fleming. The book is about whether or not it is ethical to keep a head alive if it was separated from its body. It's a neat book that I love to leave out on the coffee table for guests to discover.

Omg... :-\

Anyway, Im reading The Mist...altho Ive been a bit slack and havnt picked it up in a few days...

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Been reading "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime" and "Goodbye Columbus". Both required for school in the fall.
Finished the first, will start the latter.

rocknweird

rocknweird

right now I'm reading "hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy" I've seen the movie and my buddy raved about the book so I'm burning through, its pretty good, though (no offense to purists) I kinda got the idea straight from the movie

I'm also reading Bob Dylan's autobiography

and "self reliance" by ralph waldo Emmerson, highly suggest it for anyone who has any doubts about themselves, freaking brilliant though short

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: rocknweird on Jul 17, 2008, 04:24:55 AM
right now I'm reading "hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy" I've seen the movie and my buddy raved about the book so I'm burning through, its pretty good, though (no offense to purists) I kinda got the idea straight from the movie
You should read Venus on the Half-Shell by Kilgore Trout (actually written by Philip José Farmer). A lot of it was lifted by Adams for HGTTG.

WisePredator

WisePredator

Well, a few days ago I finished reading I Am Legend, I'm now on Tyrannosaur Canyon. I'm thinking of reading an Asimov book after Tyrannosaur Canyon.

Undeadite

Undeadite

Good idea, Asimov is one of my favs.

§niperhawk

§niperhawk

I'm currently reading the twilight series. they are actually pretty good. i was forced to read them by my girlfriend and was surprised to find that i like them

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

I was reading AvP Omnibus Volume 2.

WisePredator

WisePredator

Quote from: Undeadite on Jul 17, 2008, 05:25:37 PM
Good idea, Asimov is one of my favs.
I want to read I, Robot, but I've only got Pebble in the Sky. :(

Simbobs12345

Simbobs12345

I'm reading Predator: Flesh and Blood. And "A Sound of Thunder" by Ray Bradbury. Currently, he is one of my fav Sc- Fi writers.
Alos just recently finished the novelization of Jaws. THAT was pretty good ;D

B-Rad G

B-Rad G

My friend of mine from Texas send me all four space odessey books. I'm reading the second book now!

Undeadite

Undeadite

Quote from: Simbobs12345 on Jul 17, 2008, 08:23:47 PM
I'm reading Predator: Flesh and Blood. And "A Sound of Thunder" by Ray Bradbury. Currently, he is one of my fav Sc- Fi writers.
Alos just recently finished the novelization of Jaws. THAT was pretty good ;D

Did you read the novelization or Peter Benchley's novel?

Simbobs12345

Simbobs12345

Sorry I meant Peter Benchley's novel. My mind was wandering earlier :D But yeah, Peter Benchley is a very good writer. :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed