The most recent concert you have been to.

Started by Ghost Rider, Mar 27, 2008, 01:24:50 AM

Author
The most recent concert you have been to. (Read 77,938 times)

Gates

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Apr 14, 2013, 09:14:06 PM
Spoiler
Eric Clapton's Crossroads Guitar Festival 2013.

Holy shit. Just... holy shit. Two absolutely fantastic nights.

Mere words would not do this justice, so I'll just post the performers list and let your imagination do the rest:

Albert Lee
Allan Holdsworth
Allman Brothers Band
Andy Fairweather Low
B.B. King
Blake Mills
Booker T
Brad Paisley
Buddy Guy
Citizen Cope
Dave Biller
Doyle Bramhall II
Earl Klugh
Eric Clapton
Gary Clark Jr.
Jeff Beck
Jimmie Vaughan
John Mayer
John Scofield
Jonny Lang
Keb Mo
Keith Urban
Keith Richards
Kurt Rosenwinkle
Los Lobos
Matt "Guitar" Murphy
Quinn Sullivan
Robbie Robertson
Robert Cray
Robert Randolph
Sonny Landreth
Steve Cropper
Taj Mahal
Vince Gill

To top it all off, Dan Aykroyd introduced all of the sets.

Some stand out moments:

Clapton, Andy Fairweather*, Vince Gill, Doyle Bramhall II doing an acoustic Wonderful Tonight.

*As an aside, I just have to mention that Fairweather awesomely looks like an English professor whilst absolutely shredding the guitar and belting out the Blues like a goddam Delta legend.

Booker T, Keb Mo, Cropper, Mills, and others just jammin' it up playing Green Onions.

Gary Clark Jr. playing Don't Owe You a Thing solo; just him, his guitar, a bass drum, and a high-hat.

Robert Cray doing Great Big Old House (which was beautiful), shortly before being joined by Clapton, Vaughan, and the King himself on stage.

Dan Aykroyd going full Blues Brothers whilst talking between the sets; one minute he's just normal Dan. In the blink of an eye, Keb Mo's out there with him, sunglasses have somehow materialized on his face, and there's a harmonica in his hand, and he starts coverin' Muddy Waters and singing about how he's gonna go down to Louisiana and have sex with anything that has a pulse.

John Mayer and Keith Urban covering Don't Let Me Down. I never really liked those two musicians too much before, but after seeing them here, I have a very deep respect for them both; absolutely masterful guitarists, and their rendition of the song was simply beautiful.

The most surreal moment was when Clapton started up the big finale, with Keith Richards appearing out of nowhere (hadn't been on the lineup), backed up by a drummer who looked like a cross between Idris Elba and Paul Winfield, and a pianist who unfortunately had the distinct honour of appearing the result of a wild love affair between Eric Idle and Sméagol.

Also, absolutely everything that Buddy Guy did or was remotely involved in. I am of the opinion he's the greatest guitarist I've ever seen, and those are big words considering the company he kept over the weekend.

There's tonnes of other moments, but way to many to list them all. I know there's at least a dozen other things that I just can't think of right now. It was a wonderful two evenings of Rock 'n' Roll, Blues, Jazz, and even a little bit of Funk (courtesy of the Slow Hand himself).

"See you in three years," were Eric's closing words.

Oh God, I hope so, was all I thought in reply.
[close]

Holy shit, that's some review..! I knew I should have gotten tickets for it, damn...

How'd you like the Garden..? 8)

SpaceMarines

MSG was nice. I'd been there once before for a Knicks/Celtics game, many years ago (back when those were two of the worst teams in the NBA).

Needless to say, I enjoyed this outing much more. ;D

SpreadEagleBeagle

Kaleidoscope (UK) at the Sky Chapel, San Francisco, 18th of April 2013

Classic British psyche at its best. Peter Daltrey still delivers! Great night!

DoomRulz

Just wanted to throw out there that I have tickets to Black Sabbath this August!!! Not floor seats unfortunately but I've never seen them live so I'm looking forward to it ;D

sagans bongwater

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 20, 2013, 04:35:26 AM
Just wanted to throw out there that I have tickets to Black Sabbath this August!!! Not floor seats unfortunately but I've never seen them live so I'm looking forward to it ;D
f**k you!!!!!

kidding. but i'm jealous.

DoomRulz

It's at the ACC dude. GET TICKETS!

sagans bongwater

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 23, 2013, 05:04:10 AM
It's at the ACC dude. GET TICKETS!
It sold out around midnight the day they went on sale as I understand.

Gates

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Apr 19, 2013, 05:22:47 AM
MSG was nice. I'd been there once before for a Knicks/Celtics game, many years ago (back when those were two of the worst teams in the NBA).

Needless to say, I enjoyed this outing much more. ;D

Awesome, at least it was a rivalry game, those are always fun (crap teams or not)... :)

I think the place has incredible acoustics for a big venue...some of the others I've been to really make it stand out...

SpaceMarines

Yeah, the acoustics were fantastic for an arena.

FiorinaFury161

The Musical Box (Genesis cover band from Canada) playing The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway in its entirety in November 2011. They are the only band that all the original members from Genesis support; they told them EVERY minute detail for re-constructing concerts from their 1970s albums. I told myself I will not see any other concert until they come back, playing whatever albums/songs they choose.

UNLESS, Tears For Fears comes within 150 miles of Pittsburgh ;)

MrLee

MrLee

I just managed to get into the formerly secret warm up Peace gig last night in a small crowded venue. It was great. Much better live, less polished sounding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkUJXSvWiYE#ws

JokersWarPig

Rammstein on April 20th 2012.
Best show I've ever been to, their amazing live sound wise, they sound better live than they do on their albums. The show is extremely theatrical and entertaining, lots of pyrotechnics, lights, confetti cannons, foam cannon painted suggestively... :D . The crowd was the best crowd I'd ever been apart of. I'm a 230 pound 6' 4" guy and I got pushed around by a 5 foot nothing what must have been 90 or 100 pound girl who was just as hyped as I was, I fell over in the middle of the pit and some dude grabbed my arm and helped me up before my butt ever touched the floor. Everyone I ran into (literally and otherwise) was great.
The band members are extremely humble, not something I expected from a band as successful and one that has been around as long as they have.

DoomRulz

Did you also get to see the "random crowd guy" jump on stage only to be doused in flames by Till then be dragged off by security?

FiorinaFury161

My friend just ordered tix for us to see YES! They are playing "Close To The Edge, The Yes Album and Going For The One albums in their entirety! August 5th can't get here soon enough!

adb142

Finally got to see ASG again..

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed