Prey Catch All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 22, 2021, 07:54:07 AM

Author
Prey Catch All Thread (Read 306,233 times)

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Could this be a hint on Bear MCCreary working on Prey ? Also he already worked with Trachtenberg on 10 Cloverfield Lane (loved that score) so why not.

Kailem

Kailem

Predator vs Norse gods as the movie takes place in one unbroken take confirmed.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

So perhaps Skulls mirrors Kratos and his son Atreus in "God of War", where the father teaches his son to hunt, in a quest to honor his mother's dying wish to spread her ashes on the highest mountain.

But who's teaching Amber to hunt? To watch her? To teach her? Could it be a Predator?

Probably she accomplishes the one thing no one else has been accomplished among the male hunters, and when she does, it finally pushes her tribe to embrace her as a hunter.

Voodoo Magic

Scott Conover

I've thought for a while that the protagonist and the predator aren't going to be fighting each other much in this movie, and this just makes that more likely IMO.

Def think they are working together 

Predalien39

Predalien39

I'm so tired of friendly Predator alliances.  I really hope that's not the case.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Predalien39 on Jan 26, 2022, 08:16:28 AM
I'm so tired of friendly Predator alliances.  I really hope that's not the case.

Me too.

SuperiorIronman

The thing is that the Predator could be training the protagonist to be a hunter which might not be out of the question for them. We have seen them outfit Humans in the comics and tie-in material for Predators. Even Noland was able to use Predator equipment and the Predator killer can be used by Humans even if it's seemingly meant to be used by a Predator. There definitely is some overlap to who can use the technology and skills is what I'm getting at. And given the talk about the Predator 2 pistol it might be that the Predator perceives our hero as a hunting dog. Basically a tool to get what it wants which could lead to the final battle. Less of a fight to the death and more showing her master that she is not a tool, she's as much an equal as it is (y'know, relative to a 500 pound space serial killer).

And that would line up with what we know the protagonists deal to be. She wants to be one of the bois. Nobody will let her and while she gets what she wants out of the dynamic with the Predator, she isn't his equal until she can best him which is what she wants. The Predator obviously wouldn't give two shits and a f**k about who she is so long as she's useful which means the Predator would be filling the role of both Kratos and the final boss.

While I am against a team-up, I don't think its another sled ride of friendship, it's probably more akin to the 2010 classic Predator.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

While my default position sits at being against a Human & Predator team-up and these films need to be slasher movies, I must admit we have yet to see the team-up done right. Lex & Scar? Nope! Not in my eyes! "The Predator" cut scenes? Yeah, no, truly doubt those camouflaged garbed Predators would result in anything more than a mockery and comedy relief. Royce and the Crucified/Captured Predator? It might have been handled right. Grabbing Royce by the neck after being freed by him was definitely the right idea. Needed more of that. But alas, the story went a different direction.

Humans. Bears. Predators. Sasquatch. Maybe a baby bunny or two. I need to see the angle!!!

Wysps

Wysps

I don't think I could handle another time up right now, tbh.  Maybe like you said, something similar to the Royce/Crucified dynamic, but nothing even remotely close to an actual team up.  Just so weary of them trying to push that angle  :(

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jan 24, 2022, 07:23:43 PM
Could this be a hint on Bear MCCreary working on Prey ? Also he already worked with Trachtenberg on 10 Cloverfield Lane (loved that score) so why not.

Fingers crossed

acrediblesource

So long as the predator doesn't look like a rubber-made fakery in the bakery.

Clubroot

Clubroot

So the Predator will be a father figure to Naru in some ways? Or will it be the Bear  ;D

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: acrediblesource on Jan 26, 2022, 08:08:07 PM
So long as the predator doesn't look like a rubber-made fakery in the bakery.

Fakery in the bakery? Never heard that before. :laugh:

Wysps

Wysps

Me neither, that was a good one  :D  I'm filing it away.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed