The Meat Locker – Alien 3’s Deleted Hive Scene

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 05, 2020, 02:41:45 PM

Author
The Meat Locker – Alien 3’s Deleted Hive Scene (Read 2,234 times)

Corporal Hicks

Though ultimately cut from the theatrical release of Alien, the first film infamously had a deleted nest sequence in which Ripley discovered both Brett and Dallas glued to the wall and in the midst of being transformed into eggs.

Though this would eventually be restored in the 2003 "Director's Cut" of Alien. It wasn't until Aliens release in 1986 that we saw an Alien hive – or nest – up on the big screen for the first time. Interestingly the scale of the Alien hive in the second film seems to have been scaled back substantially from what James Cameron had originally envisioned.

In Cameron's original treatment for Aliens, completed on the 21st of September 1983, it was originally intended that as the APC was driving towards the Atmosphere Processor, the Colonial Marines would have discovered it warped by the Alien's resin.

Click here to continue reading!

Keep a close eye on Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest on all things Alien! You can follow us on FacebookTwitter, Instagram and YouTube to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien fans on our forums!

Corporal Hicks

Video version!

j0nesy

great piece! i think a hive scene would have worked well in alien3, i especially like the idea of dillon and morse coming across it (since they haven't seen this horror before) but ultimately, i enjoyed ripley's "basement encounter" just fine

awesome artwork by loftus!

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: j0nesy on Jun 05, 2020, 03:13:58 PM
great piece! i think a hive scene would have worked well in alien3, i especially like the idea of dillon and morse coming across it (since they haven't seen this horror before) but ultimately, i enjoyed ripley's "basement encounter" just fine

I don't think I'd like the scene as scripted, but I do miss the Alien actually just securing future hosts for the Queen.

Quoteawesome artwork by loftus!

Isn't it?! I love Declan's work. Just gonna have him do something every time I need something visualising now! lol

Whiskeybrewer

This could have been an intriguing sequence, Especially with the Alien surrounded by Hellfire. But i suppose that's why they used similar in the Capture scene

Kailem

Nice article! It's always cool to discover these hidden nuggets of information, especially when they're about something you figure you know most of what their is to know by now (broadly speaking). I had no idea this scene was originally planned and by the sounds of it got fairly close to actually being filmed, so this was very cool to read about. And nice pic too! Very moody and atmospheric.

I like Ripley's straight to the point, no nonsense dialogue in those excerpts. Interesting that they initially seem to reference the blue light "membrane" we see covering the eggs in Alien. Not sure how I'd have taken that if they'd ultimately ended up filming this scene as I've always imagined it as some sort of security feature of the Derelict's cargo hold, like a stasis field or something, rather than a creation of the Aliens themselves.

Either way it would have been cool to see in the finished film regardless.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Kailem on Jun 06, 2020, 06:31:30 PM
Interesting that they initially seem to reference the blue light "membrane" we see covering the eggs in Alien. Not sure how I'd have taken that if they'd ultimately ended up filming this scene as I've always imagined it as some sort of security feature of the Derelict's cargo hold, like a stasis field or something, rather than a creation of the Aliens themselves.

I've always thought the same - it was some sort of feature of the Derelict, not something the Aliens themselves generated. I'm glad it never ended up being used that way, but I'd still love to see it turn up again. I think we nearly got it in Prometheus, but can't quite remember.

Voodoo Magic

Really nice piece Hicks! 

I wonder if the ADI guys have any additional secrets they could reveal if asked, outside what was already featured in Cinefex etc.

Huggs

I just wish they would have done the toilet scene.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jun 07, 2020, 03:41:42 PM
I wonder if the ADI guys have any additional secrets they could reveal if asked, outside what was already featured in Cinefex etc.

We're intending to ask them, but I don't anticipate much.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Huggs on Jun 07, 2020, 11:11:55 PM
I just wish they would have done the toilet scene.

Here's one for you as consolation:

Spoiler

Elmazalman

I miss the blue light. I also miss the glowing, translucent eggs.

Corporal Hicks

I still think it's cool that AvP threw back to that.

Keyes

Thanks for the article and video, always been curious about this scene. It should definitely have been filmed to add purpose to the alien, rather than just focus on it as a non-stop killing machine.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed