Best Depiction of the Predalien

Started by Frosty Venom, Mar 12, 2019, 06:42:30 AM

Which is your favourite depiction of the Predalien?

Aliens vs. Predator: Duel
10 (25.6%)
Aliens versus Predator (1999)
0 (0%)
Aliens versus Predator 2/Primal Hunt
2 (5.1%)
Aliens versus Predator: Extinction
0 (0%)
Alien vs. Predator (2004)
3 (7.7%)
Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem
7 (17.9%)
Aliens vs. Predator (2010)
15 (38.5%)
AVP: Evolution
2 (5.1%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author
Best Depiction of the Predalien (Read 11,645 times)

Frosty Venom

Those look good! Nice job.

Corporal Hicks

I was always a fan of this particular piece by Farzad.

As always, though, without the dreadlocks please.

I actually have a production used copy of that piece. One of my favourite items in my collection.

Frosty Venom

I'm a fan of the dreadlock/spike/hair look hey.

SuperiorIronman

I prefer the PredAlien with dreads and the bulkier body because it definitely helps distinguish them in a lineup. If they take on traits of their hosts, they should be a bit more varied than the skeletal penis head creatures we normally see. It came from a Predator and not a Human and so given they have a different physiology and a lot more muscle than a human they should result in an Alien that looks a bit out there.

Although it's kind of a missed opportunity we didn't see a rendition go the opposite way. A head with a more vaginal looking crest would not only make the dreads drop better than the Alien skull, but it would still fit in-line with the sexual symbolism of the Alien. Giving it a crest in Requiem made sense given what it was turning into, but the Alien heads don't really drop the dreads in a satisfying manner.

Local Trouble

The dreads look stupid on every version.

The Old One

The Old One

Correct.

Corporal Hicks

Please no dreadlocks. I beg of the designers.

[cancerblack]

Literally a chunkier Alien with some mandible action is all that was ever needed.

Still Collating...

Agreed. Keep the head long for a change and make it maybe just a tad bit more of a thicker phallic form, since the predator already has a larger skull.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 18, 2019, 08:19:53 AM
https://i.imgur.com/lWTh1tM.gif

Please no dreadlocks. I beg of the designers.

Dreadlocks, please. I think that dreadlocks make predalien really unique design and they move cool in action. Just Alien head with mandibles isn't enough for me. And xenodreadlocks can looks like spikes and be some kind of extra defense feature for its head.

The Old One

The Old One

The Alien is host genetic domination.
Uncompromised perfection.
The "DNA reflex" is a survival mechanism, so the body structure formed is analogous for survival.  i̶d̶e̶n̶t̶i̶c̶a̶l̶
The "Runner" E.G, is a beautiful design.

No protrusions, it's aerodynamics' perfect.
It inherits a quadrupedal stance.
̶b̶i̶p̶e̶d̶a̶l̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶n̶c̶e̶

The logical conclusion.
A tough protrusion's a hindrance.
As Isolation depicts the entire Alien form is pliant, through tight areas.

A exterior protrusion serves no purpose if it's a offensive or defensive mechanism, because if it's pliant it's by definition; not sharp.
The tail, claws and inner jaw exists regardless.
Predalien. D̶r̶e̶a̶d̶l̶o̶c̶k̶s̶

Local Trouble

Is that open to negotiation?

The Old One

The Old One

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: The Old One on Mar 18, 2019, 10:59:36 PM
Predalien. D̶r̶e̶a̶d̶l̶o̶c̶k̶s̶

Come on, dreadlocks are cool. I don't care about Alien design being absolutely logical.

SuperiorIronman

Yeah I don't really get the logic of Alien design requiring too much logic. They do need a basis in reality, but barring dreadlocks when we don't even know the biological function despite including dorsal tubes or the Alien even having a skull (a skull that includes eye sockets no less) is kind of odd.

Really the biggest sin of the dreads is that the Alien skull isn't suited to them. The Predator's frill-like skull allows them to drape better but on most if not all PredAliens it seems its there if only because its on the Predator. Really all one needed to do was just include the frill, and the dreads would drop just fine. You could still even retain the penis shaped skull like that but the dreads just drop down or if only to the sides of the frill.

Just putting some mandibles on a warrior or drone just isn't as impressive to me and lacks the shock. The Predators see infrared and we know the Alien doesn't show up well to them. The design at the end of the day is for us the viewer, because we can see it clearly, the Predator can't. So from the perspective of an audience member, they should look a bit more theatrical and with the dreads you can make head movements dynamic and bigger.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed