Best Depiction of the Predalien

Started by Frosty Venom, Mar 12, 2019, 06:42:30 AM

Which is your favourite depiction of the Predalien?

Aliens vs. Predator: Duel
10 (25.6%)
Aliens versus Predator (1999)
0 (0%)
Aliens versus Predator 2/Primal Hunt
2 (5.1%)
Aliens versus Predator: Extinction
0 (0%)
Alien vs. Predator (2004)
3 (7.7%)
Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem
7 (17.9%)
Aliens vs. Predator (2010)
15 (38.5%)
AVP: Evolution
2 (5.1%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author
Best Depiction of the Predalien (Read 11,644 times)

The Old One

The Old One

Awful.

Kradan

Kradan

La-la-la! (melodic voice on) I don't hear you!

[cancerblack]

Quote from: The Kurgan on Mar 20, 2019, 08:42:42 AM
Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Mar 19, 2019, 08:18:39 PM
I should really try to cobble together a decent predalien for the miniatures stuff but man, making something recognizably a both biomechanical and a predalien at that scale while keeping to the no-dreads, no-predskin brief will be... challenging.

You could use the spitters as base, they are actually pretty bulky compared to the normal warriors. Give it a standard tail tip, maybe trim the spikes on the backtube, swap the head with either a normal warrior or the royal guard one,what matches best, give it mandibles from a predator mini(they are much smaller then the predalien ones). Maybe model it a smooth head, if you prefer it to the ridged ones.

At least that is my plan if i find the time for miniature stuff again and get my hands on the spitters.

The more upright spitters were my first thought too, and their semi crested heads could be a good basis for trimming down into a a skull more resembling some predator-like serrations. I've also being eyeing up a crouched speciel edition/movie warrior since you can't get any more biomech than that in the range.

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Mar 20, 2019, 09:07:44 PM
Quote from: The Kurgan on Mar 20, 2019, 08:42:42 AM
Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Mar 19, 2019, 08:18:39 PM
I should really try to cobble together a decent predalien for the miniatures stuff but man, making something recognizably a both biomechanical and a predalien at that scale while keeping to the no-dreads, no-predskin brief will be... challenging.

You could use the spitters as base, they are actually pretty bulky compared to the normal warriors. Give it a standard tail tip, maybe trim the spikes on the backtube, swap the head with either a normal warrior or the royal guard one,what matches best, give it mandibles from a predator mini(they are much smaller then the predalien ones). Maybe model it a smooth head, if you prefer it to the ridged ones.

At least that is my plan if i find the time for miniature stuff again and get my hands on the spitters.

The more upright spitters were my first thought too, and their semi crested heads could be a good basis for trimming down into a a skull more resembling some predator-like serrations. I've also being eyeing up a crouched speciel edition/movie warrior since you can't get any more biomech than that in the range.

Yeah too bad they got the biomechanical ones after i got myself covered with the regular warriors  :D
They had some special edition alternative warriors and the unicast ones are also the biomechanical design.And i think also the set with the alien characters.

[cancerblack]

Unicast are biomech but a nightmare to do any real alterations on, although i'm considering the leaping alien character since both the front and back of its head give easy access for tools. The alternate warriors are what i meant btw, i have a few.

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Yes, that's the reason i very much prefer the multipart versions of the range. You don't need to put lots of work into it just to have more variation then the default 5 poses.

They are awesome. Still regret i did not pick them up when they were available.

[cancerblack]

They very rarely come available for big sales/events.

...or if you sweet talk the staff ;)

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

I like how they used mandibles in a demented way by replacing the tubes. Shows more of a true mutation form. I would personally update Dorman's Predalien with that trait, make the tail more muscular, and add the visible dome like in AVP2 and the original Alien.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 20, 2019, 08:17:10 AM

I don't mind a subtler tone of brown but full on beige is a no-go for me.

Kind of like this?

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Mar 22, 2019, 06:31:00 AM

Holy shit! This is amazing! Where is that from?

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Should be from the 2016 Predator Vs. Judge Dredd Vs. Aliens crossover comic.

Kradan

Kradan

Wait a minute! Is that balls or something around his chin? Call me stupid if you want.

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Kradan on Mar 23, 2019, 06:36:42 AM

Wait a minute! Is that balls or something around his chin? Call me stupid if you want.
Oh wow now that you mentioned it I cannot unsee :laugh:

Hehehe and as Krugan said, its from the crossover comic. The cleanest Predalien design that I've seen to date honestly

Corporal Hicks

Was that the one with mad scientist experimenting with cross breeding?

Naginata

Naginata

That comic is G L O R I O U S.

Not only do they manage to make the AVPR Predalien look good (seriously, if you look close, it's the same design!), but it nails the mix in tones between the dark action/horror of A/P and the deranged insanity of Judge Dredd comics. Also, it's one of few portrayals of the Predators that shows them actually tracking their prey.

Oh, and Archbishop Emoji:

Samhain13

Samhain13

I can take mandibles and dreads, but predator pecks? Hate that on an alien.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed