Any updates on the lawsuit?

Started by PRI. HUDSON, Apr 02, 2014, 04:59:52 PM

Author
Any updates on the lawsuit? (Read 81,122 times)

judge death

judge death

Quote from: demonbane on Apr 21, 2014, 04:45:02 AM
Quote from: Mr. Sin on Apr 16, 2014, 09:37:35 PM
What gearbox did is unscrupulous, but not illegal. Tech-demos are never concrete representations, but rather, what a developer aspires to produce. There are countless instances of similar cases, but this one was a very apparent discrepancy. This still doesn't mean that the consumer is entitled to anything, and frankly, I find entitled gamers to be some of the greatest sources of this industry's ills.
Randy Pitchfraud said the demo was straight from the game. There have been countless arguments why this one sticks the most compared to similar cases in gaming industry.
That is a classic pr line, many demos and trailers have been lied about being in game when it isnt xD Just to make people buy it :P
Killzone 2´s trailer in 2005 were faked as well but being said: In game, one example of many :)

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: judge death on Jul 04, 2014, 12:46:35 PM
That is a classic pr line, many demos and trailers have been lied about being in game when it isnt xD Just to make people buy it :P
Killzone 2´s trailer in 2005 were faked as well but being said: In game, one example of many :)

It's a classic line that has often gotten developers in trouble. There's no excuse for false advertising or outright lying to your customers. Period.

Morrigan

Morrigan

f**k Gearbox, seriously. And f**k Borderlands too.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Agree.

Thomas

Thomas

..........amazing that a bunch of supposed grownups (everyone involved in developing and releasing this game) have been so busy pointing the finger of blame at each other instead of actually trying to "fix" it....... ???

ikarop

ikarop

Not surprised that the powers that be still take no responsibility for anything. I still remember in 2011 when we contacted GBX about what we had heard about a great part of the game being outsourced to another studio and how their marketing team debunked it, went onto to say that the GBX team working on materials for the infamous E3 2011 demo would be very offended by such a claim. I guess they'll keep pointing fingers until the case is dismissed...

felipescado

felipescado

but, with all the subsequent updates wasnt supposed the game to be how it was supposed to?
then whats the point of the lawsuit?
bad or good, the game have been archived in the bad-at-launch games and nobody remembers it even exists

acrediblesource

Who the f### are these two jackasses (Roger Damion Perrine and John Locke)?
Like I know the people of the world complained about it being too bright and the global illumination was like the demo but a lawsuit like this is either a joke or a complete fabricated pile of rubbish.

Jango1201

Jango1201

I won't bash anyone standing up for what they believe is wrong or right. Out of all the outraged fans, they were the only ones with balls to try and do something about it.

Bio Mech Hunter

This debacle with Gearbox still pisses me off. All I want is the damn A:CM game we were f**king "promised".

For the Hive!

For the Hive!

Just fix the game. A game company lives off the back of its product and fans. You turn out a bad product and don't do anything to fix it or make good with your customers?? That's bad business. This is a great franchise and a hardcore fanbase to go with it. I hope one of these days a great game company will pick up this franchise and do amazing things with it!! FIX THE GAME!!!

SM

SM

Not gunna happen.  They've fulfilled their contractual obligation, and a court isn't going to tell them otherwise.

Jango1201

Jango1201

And because of this "obligation", how many people have vowed never to buy a Gearbox game again? I was curious about Boardeands for the longest time. but, because of their constant lies and disregard for customer satisfaction and opinion, I will never buy it. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels thisnway. I'll be damned if I ever buy any of Gearbox's future titles either.

DUDES

DUDES

sega sucks they need to give up the rights and let a independent small gaming studios take over, these big companies have so much bureaucratic bullshit that the games get f**ked up in development, also the plots are horrible and unoriginal

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed