Aliens vs Predator Requiem: Ultimate Combat Edition uk

Started by worriors, Jul 27, 2008, 07:21:33 PM

Author
Aliens vs Predator Requiem: Ultimate Combat Edition uk (Read 4,162 times)

worriors

Can anyone clerify the the difference's between the versions of the DVD's. Is the UK version the same as the Unrated US version. If not what is the difference? What is the 20mins of extra footage that they were talking about a while ago ( is it in the UK DVD's)? And will the Uncut version be coming to the uk?

These are the Versions available in region 2:

Theatrical cut: 94mins.
Aliens vs Predator Requiem Single DVD: 97mins.
Aliens vs Predator Requiem - Ultimate Combat Edition: 97mins.

US Uncut version: 101mins

Thanks

The Necronoir

The Ultmate Combat Edition is the same as the US Uncut version, but has the extras on a second disc, including two which aren't on the US version. The difference in runtime between the UK and US versions comes down to the PAL/NTSC conversion difference.

As it stands, the Ultimate Combat Edition is the most complete version, from a film and extras standpoint.

worriors

Thanks to The Necronoir.

The Necronoir

Not a problem. I was facing the same dilemma a few weeks ago.

echobbase79

When's the bacon, egg, and cheese edition coming out?  ;D

BloodyRedBaron

It doesn't count at the Ultimate COmbat Edition unless we can see the fights without having to fiddle with our T.V.'s for a half hour.

PHANTOM

Quote from: BloodyRedBaron on Sep 30, 2008, 09:19:29 PM
It doesn't count at the Ultimate COmbat Edition unless we can see the fights without having to fiddle with our T.V.'s for a half hour.

Bingo! Heck it doesn't count as anything.

"Ultimate Combat Edition" wtf is that suppose to mean?! lol boy oh boy I just wanna kick the BS in the f--king balls. This is just more of the same retarded ideas from the Strause Brothers. Only thing AVP-R has on it's side is profit, if I make a low budget film put together a cool looking trailer and call it Batman Vs Superman trust me.....it will put asses in seats very quickly.

The AVP-R DVD and blu-ray covers should say this.... 

AVP-R : The Two Disc Rip Off Edition
AVP-R : Uncut Murky Eidtion
AVP-R : Ulitmate Let Down Edition

Blaz

Dude, you just need to let it go. Go on, let it go. And if you really  really can't, watch it on an XBox 360. Mine looks way good on there, but shithouse on my Dad's DVD.

gameoverman

Quote from: The Necronoir on Jul 28, 2008, 05:21:56 AM
The Ultmate Combat Edition is the same as the US Uncut version, but has the extras on a second disc, including two which aren't on the US version.

Lol, 2 extras?!!  Holy shit! 

Is that a new Bros Straus Q&A I wonder, where they give bullshit answers to the fans..  :P

PHANTOM

90% of everything they said was false, the only thing they said that was right was that the next AVP will be rated R.

But I must be confused, help me understand why in gods name they call that dvd the "ultimate combat edition" lol wow! Talk about more false advertisement from the BS.

But again, I'm just....WOWED in how the BS have disowned their first and most important film. They aren't taking emails from fans, they aren't responding to anything that is AVP-R related, they are totally disconnecting themselves as far away from this film as possible.

Amazing ;D

Johnny Handsome

QuoteBut I must be confused, help me understand why in gods name they call that dvd the "ultimate combat edition" lol wow! Talk about more false advertisement from the BS.
Directors most of the time don't have anything to do with the DVDs or the extras, or the name of the special editions. Its a studio decision what name they give to the DVDs.

PHANTOM

Ok, thats helpful. But still.....why the f**k would they call it the ultimate combat edition?

lol makes no f**king sense ;D

The Necronoir

Name one director that does frequently correspond with fans via e-mail...

Given the prevailing attitude on forums like this they'd be crazy to do it anyway.

There's a reason why the word 'fan' derives from 'fanatic'. People need to get a grip on reality here and let it go.

gameoverman

Quote from: PHANTOM on Oct 05, 2008, 12:11:08 AM
Ok, thats helpful. But still.....why the f**k would they call it the ultimate combat edition?

lol makes no f**king sense ;D

Because we're supposed to think:  "ULTIMATE COMBAT EDITION - whoa, hardcore!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111leet"   

Quote from: The Necronoir on Oct 05, 2008, 08:22:12 AM
People need to get a grip on reality here and let it go.

That's asking way too much.

War Wager

I used to be really grateful for Colin/Greg coming on and posting but now I just think he abused it. After the movie came out his posts were full of lies, mocks and lame excuses.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed