NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 1,187,616 times)

SiL

SiL

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Mar 26, 2023, 01:23:33 AMTo be entirely fair, it is suction cupped to Jungle Hunter's face in the original and City Hunter's in the sequel. Like yeah he has to remove some hoses and wires but he does still have to yank it off his face.
But that's the point, we see how it's suctioned on. The rest of his armour is strapped down, not sticking there.

I always took that they can breathe our atmosphere, it's just not an ideal mix for them. For example, humans breathe oxygen, but a 100% oxygen environment isn't actually good for us long term.

But I guess that's fanon. The rest of the points about his armour count :P

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Worth pointing out that City Hunter uses a rebreather on occasion after he loses his mask.

SiL

SiL

That too, but he did also get shot to shit.

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Quote from: Xiggz456 on Mar 25, 2023, 04:46:28 PMFound both Boar and Snake in the wild today. Found one at Target and the other at Best Buy so I'm very hyped! Happy to have completed my Tristan illustrated box arts with Snake (phenomenal job as usual). As mentioned earlier Boar's box art is by Michael Montenat and has a very P2 subway scene vibe mixed with original Predator comic run look. Also got to shout out the short lore blurbs on the back of the box that are always a fun addition. And of course both figures look great but Snake is the standout with the fur details!

How are they joint wise?

Master

Master

Quote from: SiL on Mar 25, 2023, 11:33:32 PM
Quote from: Master on Mar 25, 2023, 07:52:34 AMThis is it though, the simplification of the design through the years. Predator 2 was the peak of the design and with each subsequent sequel we lost something up to the point of the Predator where even predator mask was taken. Fearl was step in the right direction, but still was lacking allot.
Feral was the furthest away. The mask can no longer function as a breathing apparatus, as it's shown originally. The pieces of armour are just magically stuck to him, not strapped in place. There's nothing connecting any of his technology together like the originals with their cables and pipes.

And  while it's not the first film to ditch the netting, it's the most egregious for it.

Considering it's supposed to be more primitive, it relies on much more abstract magical technology to make any sense, unlike the tactical designs of the originals.

You are right of course. I was referring to Upgrade and his bare apperence, where everything was stripped from him along with iconic mask.

I've said that before, but Feral occurs to me more of Superpredator variety. It feels allot more like creatures from Predators then from original films.

The idea of it's design, comes from many similar points.

SiL

SiL

I forgot all about Upgrade. Ugh.

Still Collating...

Upgrade is my least favorite Predator aesthetically exactly because he didn't have any armor.

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Quote from: Still Collating... on Mar 27, 2023, 01:42:29 PMUpgrade is my least favorite Predator aesthetically exactly because he didn't have any armor.

Armored Predators are definitely the best. Armor wise, my favorite are the 3 AvP brothers, Fugitive, and some of NECA's Lost Tribe redesigns.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Still Collating... on Mar 27, 2023, 01:42:29 PMUpgrade is my least favorite Predator aesthetically exactly because he didn't have any armor.

I get the narrative behind it, but yeah...it's a very visually dull design.

SiL

SiL

And all his supposed upgrades made him about as intimidating as a regular Predator anyway plot wise.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Upgrade should have at least had a mask

Master

Master

Quote from: SiL on Mar 28, 2023, 11:31:31 AMAnd all his supposed upgrades made him about as intimidating as a regular Predator anyway plot wise.

Reversed Ninja effect at it's finest. This is the best, storngest, deadliest Predator that kills this smaller one effortlessly, but after doing so he acts and ends just like any other Predator before him.

Quote from: Wweyland on Mar 28, 2023, 01:33:57 PMUpgrade should have at least had a mask

That's my biggest gripe with the dedign.I imagine mask like that of Elder Predator from 1715 comics would've been perfect for Upgrade.

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: Master on Mar 28, 2023, 02:30:07 PM
Quote from: SiL on Mar 28, 2023, 11:31:31 AMAnd all his supposed upgrades made him about as intimidating as a regular Predator anyway plot wise.

Reversed Ninja effect at it's finest. This is the best, storngest, deadliest Predator that kills this smaller one effortlessly, but after doing so he acts and ends just like any other Predator before him.

Quote from: Wweyland on Mar 28, 2023, 01:33:57 PMUpgrade should have at least had a mask

That's my biggest gripe with the dedign.I imagine mask like that of Elder Predator from 1715 comics would've been perfect for Upgrade.

I'm partial to that one he had in one of the concepts in the art book. Kind of reminds me of Falconer.

I think the novelization had a slightly different appearance. Would be nice if Neca dove into that. Things that could've been Y'know. Armored Assassin, whatever they described in the original movie's book, I'd even be game for a full on Amengi. It might even be an excuse to get them to do a new line of AVP figures if they did the other two that didn't make it into the movie (I think the script and novel had five?).

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Quote from: Xenomrph on Mar 26, 2023, 02:16:08 AMWorth pointing out that City Hunter uses a rebreather on occasion after he loses his mask.
It's far more plausible that it's like breathable pain killer, much like how we use nitrous oxide in ambulances.

SiL

SiL

Why is it unbelievable it's a rebreather?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed