New Alien First Person Shooter in development @ Cold Iron Studios

Started by Moosh89, Jan 17, 2018, 05:20:48 PM

Author
New Alien First Person Shooter in development @ Cold Iron Studios (Read 154,341 times)

maron

You don't have to pay for it every month, do you?
I strictly stay away from those games. 

Hemi

Quote from: RidgeTop on Jan 18, 2018, 06:56:21 PM
Quote from: Hemi on Jan 18, 2018, 03:56:43 PM
An Aliens game like Killing Floor 2. That's what I want to see.

Killing Floor 2 would actually be a good template to follow, if this is indeed co-op survival rather than Marine players vs Alien players. I suppose preferably you'd have both modes. KF2 was cosmetic only with it's loot.

Killing Floor (2) is THE template to follow if you base the game around marines beeing swarmed by Aliens. Add Infestation, Life cycle....(i'm actually crying right now...) I've searched for something similar for years, with a sci fi theme, and only Red Faction Armageddon sorta gets it right. Though Gears of War is a big contender of course. (but im on PC so...good luck with that)

With the KF template you can build iconic Nostromo maps or remake AVP's Leadworks..put some spawn in the map and blocking volumes GO!! God...why this hasn't been made yet is beyond me....

Perk marines, make your Pulse Rifle pretty (or not lol), ranks & Lootcrates. AAAAARRRRRGGGG!!

JUST MAKE THE DAMN GAME!

*throws money at screen

Kailem

Quote from: maron on Jan 18, 2018, 06:59:20 PM
You don't have to pay for it every month, do you?
I strictly stay away from those games. 

Subscription-based MMO's are pretty much dead at this point, so I highly doubt it'd be anything like that. And even if it was something that launched with that sort of model it'd go free-to-play within a few months.

I'd like for there to be a Killing Floor-type horde mode as an option, but maybe not the sole focus. "Horde mode" has been a staple part of Alien games for ages now, but I don't feel like any of them ever really reached their full potential. Crazily enough I felt like Colonial Marines' was the best one to date. Just being able to place sentry turrets, weld doors shut, lock down shutters etc. was all the exact sort of thing I wanted to be able to do in a mode like that. They just needed to make it better! :laugh:

Adam802

Adam802

It can be an online marine FPS and also still be a deep RPG-ish type game with deep story at the same time hopefully. There's so much potential with what can be done good here, its amazing. But hopefully they dont f**k it up. I'd love to travel between different colonies and meet new human characters(friend or foe), and maybe have squad mechanics, and tense moments low on ammo welding doors shut and setting up turrets while aliens come from everywhere. f**k ACM, imagine what it COULD have been, but done right, on steroids. Having moments without any weapons Alien Isolation-like, and having to creep around to regroup would be essential, too.

A good BLEND of Alien/Aliens is key here. They need to combine the horror of alien isolation with the 'action'/tension of Aliens. They should take the alien isolation AI, and pretty much apply it to multiple Aliens at once in gameplay(with additional improvements like wall-climbing, etc). Aliens should be to scale. Ammo should be effective, but scarce. Acid blood should hurt. A lot. (and possibly deform geometry). Animations for marines and especially the Aliens of course should be TOP NOTCH. Mechanics should be deep. Welding/cutting doors, arming/setting-up turrets(with limited ammo), barricading with objects around the room, setting up cameras etc.....it should be like the ultimate seige-game. Fuzzy monitors should be set up where you can see in-gameplay the aliens coming in real time.

And of course other character moments, drama, world building etc. It should be a long well-writen, believable, story.

I'd like W-Y and the movie's(Alien 1-3 only) plots to be relevant somehow, but not necessarily in the spotlight. This would all need to be great in execution of course. Anyway, this is just my dreams for a great alien(s) game, and although far-fetched, a new alien game announcement is always a time to appreciate and get a bit hyped for!

Perfect-Organism

I'm actually fairly excited about this.  Just jumping on board the thread.

I practically like all the Aliens games.  ACM was pretty good too I think, if you don't get too hung up about the story...  there is literally no better way to revisit all the fun places that were such an important part of James Cameron's masterpiece...

SM

SM

As long as you're not fussed about how utterly lacking in accuracy all the fun places that were such an important part of James Cameron's masterpiece are.

Shooting Aliens with a pulse rifle is always fun though.

Corporal Hicks

I quite liked the expansions on the Sulaco. I thought those were cool areas.

I wonder if this'll follow the Destiny kind of formula in terms of "multiplayer shooter" or if it is going for more of an arena MP game ala Aliens: Online?

Xiggz456

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: SM on Jan 19, 2018, 04:30:26 AM
As long as you're not fussed about how utterly lacking in accuraty all the fun places that were such an important part of James Cameron's masterpiece are.

Shooting Aliens with a pulse rifle is always fun though.

The most frustrating of the inaccuracies to me was that there was only room for 1 drop ship in the bay, whereas in the film there was room for 2.  Unless it's a completely different bay, but I doubt it.  Then again Apone did say "Bay 12 please".  Whatever that means.  I made a point of not looking for anything else.  The fact that there is anything there after Ripley's Barbecue is mind blowing...

Hemi

A "tad" more plausible would be the Sub Levels surviving the blast. Kinda like a bombshelter.... though what would happen if you dropped a nuke right on top of such shelter hehehe. I don't think it would matter lol...

SM

QuoteI quite liked the expansions on the Sulaco.

I think all the areas they created that weren't seen in the film were fine - either on the ship or at Hadley.  It was the re-created stuff that was laughable. 

D. Compton Ambrose

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 19, 2018, 08:05:40 AM
I quite liked the expansions on the Sulaco. I thought those were cool areas.

I wonder if this'll follow the Destiny kind of formula in terms of "multiplayer shooter" or if it is going for more of an arena MP game ala Aliens: Online?

Knowing how god awful and annoying that is, that's probably exactly what they're going to do. -sigh-

acrediblesource

Seriously since when was the Alien franchise any good for MMO? Its just news, but what this?

Xenorgue

Please a game with similar gameplay to "Natural selection 2".

Asymmetric gameplay.
2 teams : Xeno vs Marines.
Goal Marines : Destroy the Alien Hive.
Goal Aliens :. Destroy the APC.

Secondary goal : Control the most ressource point..
In alien, the ressource point generate a small hive with host.
In Marines, the ressource point generate a small camp with munition and fortification.

The resources allow leaders (Queen and officer) to unlock upgrade skill.

My dream alien game.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: SM on Jan 19, 2018, 09:28:03 PM
QuoteI quite liked the expansions on the Sulaco.

I think all the areas they created that weren't seen in the film were fine - either on the ship or at Hadley.  It was the re-created stuff that was laughable.

I think people need some perspective.  I still remember playing the old Commodore 64 game in an effort to enjoy an experience that would take me back to the world of Aliens.  Remember how far removed THAT was from the reality of the movie?  Say what you will about ACM, but it felt like you were there at Hadley's Hope mostly.  ...and that is a fulfillment of decades of hoping.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed