Prometheus Box Office

Started by Spidey3121, Jun 02, 2012, 03:20:19 AM

Author
Prometheus Box Office (Read 151,078 times)

fiveways

fiveways

The DVD/Blu-ray is the profit on this one.  Even Fox knows it, and I think was teasing it with the date at the end of film being the release date for the DVD/Blu-Ray.

$200 Million in sales and cable/netflix deals and then book and toys on top of that...

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: fiveways on Jun 27, 2012, 10:23:28 PM
The DVD/Blu-ray is the profit on this one.  Even Fox knows it, and I think was teasing it with the date at the end of film being the release date for the DVD/Blu-Ray.

I'm not so sure if that's going to be the Blu Ray date...October 11th, 2012 is a Thursday, but Blu rays are usually released on Tuesdays...

Prime113

Prime113

Maybe Fox has had this massive scheme going on for awhile. Maybe October 11th is when they will announce the Sequel...

I don't know, maybe grasping for straws..?  :D

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

It would be awesome if they are really trying to do more with the Alien Universe, if indeed the Oct. 11 date is not just for the DVD/Blu Ray release.

Prime113

Prime113

From another side of things - I think I heard from RagingDragon that October 11th 2012 is when the Weyland Corporation was formed. Now, what that has to do with anything for us, I have no clue.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Prime113 on Jun 27, 2012, 10:33:56 PM
From another side of things - I think I heard from RagingDragon that October 11th 2012 is when the Weyland Corporation was formed. Now, what that has to do with anything for us, I have no clue.

Oh, yeah. I vaguely remember that. Hopefully there's more to it than that.

SM

SM

Quote from: Salt The Fries on Jun 27, 2012, 07:36:51 PM
So the total domestic gross will be similar to the one of Super 8's and should surpass District 9 and Green Lantern while doing significantly better internationally than all of them.

Interesting to note that Super 8 cost $50m, District 9 cost $30m, while Green Lantern cost $200m.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jun 27, 2012, 10:37:30 PM
Quote from: Prime113 on Jun 27, 2012, 10:33:56 PM

Oh, yeah. I vaguely remember that. Hopefully there's more to it than that.

Yep, says that on the Weyland timeline I believe.

If I had to guess, October 11th will give us another viral video, possibly featuring Guy Pearce.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Even if the movie does not make back it's budget domestically then there is always DVD sales. If movies like GI Joe can get a sequel then anything is possible.

SM

SM

GI Joe's a little different.  I'm guessing there was a significant enough spike in merch sales added to the box office to justify it.  Plus the sequel has a $125m budget (vs. $175 for the first film).

BANE

BANE

$1.1 million yesterday, for 4th place. Making about a million a day now. Hopefully that can continue for a little while, even during the Spiderman attack.

zakzak

zakzak

It will clean up on Home Video-land.

PROMETHEUS 2: Take it! Take my money!

[zero sarcasm mode]

Eva

Eva

Looks like it doing fine for R-rated sci-fi. It has surpassed similar R-rated District 9 by now, although D9 had a low budget to its advantage. No worries - it'll most likely do well on DVD/BD as well.

Don't care about the box-office specifics though - I'm just happy it's doing well.

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: BLAIN on Jun 29, 2012, 02:08:27 AM
$1.1 million yesterday, for 4th place. Making about a million a day now. Hopefully that can continue for a little while, even during the Spiderman attack.

Not a chance. Spider Man is gonna rip into every other film.

I think the overseas totals at this stage will be where Prometheus will take in the most money. That R-rating hurt them. It really could have been pg-13.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Prometheus is losing screenings in the theater that I work for. It's now only in the IMAX theater. I guess everyone in my town already saw it and have no reason to see it again.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed