Aliens Expanded - A New Aliens Documentary Announced

Started by Darkness, Apr 26, 2022, 08:03:14 PM

Author
Aliens Expanded - A New Aliens Documentary Announced (Read 31,518 times)

SiL

"Documentary" is a perfectly valid word for what they're doing for what it's worth.

Local Trouble

They could call it a retrospective.  Like what Hubbs used to do.

SiL

Next time someone speaks to them maybe tell them that exclusively marketing the film to people who have at least once thought of dropping to their knees and felating James Cameron - while certainly a market segment they want to capture - is maybe a bit more limited than they realise.

I really hope the movie turns out well but f**k me I could go for hours on their marketing.

Local Trouble

Do you never wonder what Alien 3 would have been like if Cameron had written and directed it?  It could have been a three-peat of greatness.

OpenMaw

If he had wanted to, he could have. He didn't want to. Much the same with Terminator 3. He made T2 3D instead.

Personally? I think it would have been great if Ridley and Cameron had done a collab for Alien 3. Jim writing, Ridley directing. I could see that turning out as a solid end to the trilogy, depending on what they did with it.

On the other hand there are a lot of things to like with the Alien 3 we got. Which is why I liken it to being in an abusive relationship. It's not all bad, but the bad hurts me.

BlueMarsalis79

The only bad parts I can see will be good this year, and then we will have the definitive version, both in terms of quality and editing structure.

I do wish we had got Ridley Scott's and James Cameron's Alien V they planned instead of AVP.

Corporal Hicks

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Quote from: Cosmic Incubation on Sep 18, 2022, 11:45:30 PMWait, I genuinely don't know about this. Alien Theory is a plagiarist? 
Yep, and there is several links here that show it too. Guy had the gall to come and try and deny it too.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Oct 06, 2022, 12:53:52 AMAnd it has Alien Theory.
Someone should contact the production folks to alert them to that plagiarist.

I swear wikis really need to start being protected by more licenses. Although one of our contributors did manage to report and get a plagiarist's video taken down so that was good, but it does not stop them from doing it again.

Corporal Hicks

Valaquen

Corporal Hicks

That's what his agent basically told me when I asked about coming on our podcast.  :laugh:

Mike’s Monsters

Am I wrong to assume he's getting paid to be a part of it? Did the crowdfunding help fund that? Totally understandable if so. Probably only does these things these days if he's getting dat cash money.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 21, 2022, 04:11:23 PMThat's what his agent basically told me when I asked about coming on our podcast.  :laugh:

Did you explain to him that we just love the sound of Lance's voice?

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Valaquen on Nov 21, 2022, 03:23:22 PMWhat question hasn't Lance been asked? That's a tough one.

"Did you put the egg on the Sulaco?"

Engineer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 21, 2022, 08:19:06 PM
Quote from: Valaquen on Nov 21, 2022, 03:23:22 PMWhat question hasn't Lance been asked? That's a tough one.

"Did you put the egg on the Sulaco?"
I think they're trying to avoid everything NOT "Aliens" lol

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed