More Aliens: Colonial Marines Concept Art

Started by ikarop, Feb 14, 2013, 03:32:15 AM

Author
More Aliens: Colonial Marines Concept Art (Read 41,996 times)

ikarop

A large number of concept art images from the game has surfaced online recently. This collection of artwork includes environments, weapons, creature & character design and more. Click below to see the gallery in full. To see previously released concept art from the game you can check this thread.

More Aliens: Colonial Marines Concept Art

Queen Module

Update 14/02/13: Twelve new pieces of concept art have been added to this gallery.

MrSpaceJockey

Wow that's awesome. Thanks Ikarop!

Blacklabel

NICE. Thanks a bunch! :)

They went full Kenner! You never go full Kenner.

The Raven looks very over the top... but the creepy skull face really makes the design work. I can dig it. :P

saintbenzie

I find some of the Alien designs pretty odd, I think it might just be the concept artist they got. The character, ship, weapon design is pretty damn good looking. I think the Xeno with the facehuggers on him is an interesting concept but pretty glad it didn't make it into the game.

ShadowPred

There must be some way that SEGA can take all this concept art and actually have a capable developer make a good game out of this.

saintbenzie

The Xeno concept designer doesn't have a style I think fits the Xenos. They seem pretty bulky and squatty and I'm starting to wonder if it was his designs that inspired the elongated back tubes as well as the simplified feet and 3-fingers.

Blacklabel

Quote from: ShadowPred on Feb 14, 2013, 04:38:45 AM
There must be some way that SEGA can take all this concept art and actually have a capable developer make a good game out of this.

When people where hyped up for the game's release i was kinda hoping it would be a success so that NECA would pick up the license and do toys of the better alien designs... wich are exactly 2. Lurker and Raven.

But now nobody will want to buy anything remotely connected to this game. ever.

fffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu....  :laugh:

Byohzrd

Byohzrd

Quote from: saintbenzie on Feb 14, 2013, 04:45:12 AM
The Xeno concept designer doesn't have a style I think fits the Xenos. They seem pretty bulky and squatty and I'm starting to wonder if it was his designs that inspired the elongated back tubes as well as the simplified feet and 3-fingers.

Quoteand 3-fingers

Quote3-fingers

Quote3

Quotefingers

the three fingers was stan winstons doing.

EDIT:
ALSO, I demand gearbox release a larger full color version of this image IMMEDIATELY. XD

ShadowPred

Cute

Byohzrd

Quote from: ShadowPred on Feb 14, 2013, 05:03:46 AM

Cute
Shadow, i think a one of those silhouettes might have been the Boar Alien you've been denied.  :laugh:

ShadowPred

There's a few that look it, but not quite.

saintbenzie

Quote from: Byohzrd on Feb 14, 2013, 04:54:28 AM
Quote from: saintbenzie on Feb 14, 2013, 04:45:12 AM

Quoteand 3-fingers

Quote3-fingers

Quote3

Quotefingers

http://www.toyarchive.com/Aliens/Props/AliensPROPHand1.jpg

the three fingers was stan winstons doing.

EDIT:
ALSO, I demand gearbox release a larger full color version of this image IMMEDIATELY. XD

I essentially meant that you can still see where the fingers merge in the original design. I'm aware that they technically only have 3 fingers. CM Xenos l have 3 long skinny fingers with no sort of merging at all.

StrangeShape

I like the Raven design. I think the skullface design does the trick. Not a fan of all those spikes but overall I dig that design

Xenomorphine

I like the serpentine one (guessing it's at a half-way stage between chestburster and adult), but the 'trunk' looks a bit too thick. Nice aesthetic, though.

The one which looks like it's in the midst of a multiple facehugger orgy is... Um... 'Interesting'...

Aceburster

The second to last pic looked like a pred mask in the thumbnail. 10/10 would rage again.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed