Ridley Scott Dishes Details on Alien Prequel

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 23, 2010, 08:40:13 AM

Author
Ridley Scott Dishes Details on Alien Prequel (Read 16,154 times)

Corporal Hicks

After what seems like an eternity of silence, Ridley Scott has finally broken that silence. In a recent chat with MTV Movies, Scott has dished what has to be the most we’ve heard about the film yet:

“It’s set in 2085, about 30 years before Sigourney [Weaver's character Ellen Ripley]. It’s fundamentally about going out to find out ‘Who the hell was that Space Jockey?’ The guy who was sitting in the chair in the alien vehicle — there was a giant fellow sitting in a seat on what looked to be either a piece of technology or an astronomer’s chair. Remember that?”

He talks about the date they want the film out, that they’re on the fourth draft, about consulting Giger and about possible re-designs for the early stages of the lifecycle. Read the entire thing at MTV Movies. Thanks to Undel for the news.

Update: There’s a few more details on HitFix. Apparently, the film will definitely be in 3D and the project is for two prequel films. The movies won’t be shot back-to-back, however.

Federick Gonsa

THANKS GOD!!! So they are really working on the damn film. I was beggining to think that this was one of those projects were they say "I will work on it after I finish the movie that I want to make after the one that I am going to make as soon as I finish th eone that I am doing now", and then do nothing. Cool. glad to know they are moving forward.

David

David

The idea of bringing Giger back into the picture is really, really exciting.  However, I still hate the idea of exploring The Pilot. That's something that I think should be left untouched.

Alien³

Alien³

Ok I trust you Ridley but please don't completely demystify the Space Jockey.

Nemez0r

Nemez0r

I'm so happy, I could die. :o

invisible hunter

invisible hunter

sounds ok, not looking forward to this as much as predators though! aliens is one of the best films ive ever seen. but this just dosent grab me,

Xenokiller

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Xenokiller

wait...does this mean we might see a jockey/alien hybrid? Or does Ridley believe its nonsense?

MrFacehug

MrFacehug

This is the best news of the week! Finally we learn some details about the movie. I'm glad they're going to explore the Space Jockeys further, but I hope they won't go into too much detail. I also like that the movie will be a place of discussion about terraforming which will lead to "Aliens", in the end.

I'm really hopeful with this movie. Sure, everyone makes mistakes, but I'm sure Ridley will pull it off. Finally he's back in the Alien franchise and that's a great thing. While I look forward to Predators, this takes the cake!

Fleshtrap666

With Predators coming out and looking good so far, this only makes the future even more exciting..

Fleshtrap666

Maybe Aliens and Predators can do well and make good movies as long as we keep them away from each other on the screen at least? lol

Rob#2

Rob#2

Im so Excited about the film, whos going to play the lead woman charictor & I agree with Xenokiller will we see Jockey-alien ? Only time will tell.

Hemi

Hemi

redesign woohoo!!! And from the sick brains of Scott and Giger again!!! This could mean only one thing....brilliance and total fear in the theaters!!!!

Super Black Predator

Finaly decent alien movie after AR i thought we will never see good alien movie but with ridley and giger it cant go wrong

FearPeteySodes

I'm less excited about the Jockey bit.  Not that we didn't see it coming mind you.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed