The Final Dark Horse Releases

Started by RidgeTop, Jul 09, 2020, 01:14:37 AM

Author
The Final Dark Horse Releases (Read 8,110 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: RidgeTop on Jul 17, 2020, 01:37:57 AM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 16, 2020, 09:26:35 PM
The perfect way to close over three decades of Predator comics.  Gone... just gone. :-[

Personally, I find Hunters III just as fitting a conclusion, though I would've loved to have The Original Screenplay too.

You know, as much as I love the Original Screenplay concepts, I do think Hunters 3 is a perfectly fitting conclusion. We end with the return of John Schaeffer who kicked off the EU in the first place, with another entry in what has been a true highlight.

I'm not going to lie I'm disappointed we don't get the Original Screenplay, but I'm hoping Marvel will still explore those concepts. I've still got plenty of Alien 3 scripts to get through!

Kailem

Kailem

Yeah the William Gibson Alien 3 hardcover was one of the things I ordered in my recent "I should pick these up sooner rather than later" Dark Horse mini-spree, and it's a shame that just as they were getting into these new comics based on unmade or alternate versions of films they got cut short.

I was really hoping that between that and the Alien and Predator Unproduced Screenplays this was going to be the beginning of a new offshoot of these kinds of adaptations of "lost" material, but yeah I guess the most we can hope for now is that at some point down the road Marvel sees value in putting out stuff like this too.

I wouldn't expect it to be for a long time though seeing as I'm sure they'll want to firmly establish their regular Alien and Predator comics universe firsts (plus the inevitable crossovers, of course), but maybe one day.......one day..... :(

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Well the essential comics are still up for pre order on some sites, Target still has it listed for the 21st. I guess I'll preorder and see what happens.

barrydalgarno

So, according to Amazon, all three upcoming Essential books are still in my orders. And judging by my bank account, I've got a pending transaction for my Predator Vol.2. So, I'm pretty bewildered as to what's happening.

Katanu

Katanu

Aww man, I was looking forward to Predator The Essential Comics V. 2  :(
And more Predator Hunters.

chopperXgill

chopperXgill

Man I would have loved to read that original Predator comic. That artwork is fantastic

Gentleman Death

Quote from: RidgeTop on Jul 18, 2020, 04:47:58 PM
Well the essential comics are still up for pre order on some sites, Target still has it listed for the 21st. I guess I'll preorder and see what happens.

Which ones are you seeing? I can't seem to find anything...

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: Gentleman Death on Jul 20, 2020, 03:08:48 AM
Quote from: RidgeTop on Jul 18, 2020, 04:47:58 PM

Which ones are you seeing? I can't seem to find anything...

https://www.target.com/p/predator--the-essential-comics-volume-2---by--mark-schultz---john-arcudi---evan-dorkin--paperback-/-/A-80553434

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Katanu on Jul 20, 2020, 12:27:29 AM

So much this. I was hoping we were going to get a volume 4 focusing on Mandy Graves. :-\

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Target is now saying 'Sold Out' for Predator: The Essential Comics Volume 2, just like Things from Another World did on their listed release day. No digital release to be found and nothing about any of the Volume 2 releases on Dark Horse's website. Weird. And I haven't seen anything about these in the wild.

SpaceKase

SpaceKase

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 20, 2020, 05:26:35 PM
Quote from: Katanu on Jul 20, 2020, 12:27:29 AM

So much this. I was hoping we were going to get a volume 4 focusing on Mandy Graves. :-\

Right?? Same. Any badass, pre-90's Dead Kennedys fan who can go toe-to-toe with an 11ft Bad-Blood, single-handedly, is pretty sick in my book.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: RidgeTop on Jul 16, 2020, 09:22:48 PM
Yeah... real shame about Predator: The Original Screenplay.

Not a Predator fan but even I was kinda interested in this.  I feel real bad for the fans.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jul 22, 2020, 02:09:08 AM

Not a Predator fan but even I was kinda interested in this.  I feel real bad for the fans.

Thanks. It's quite a letdown.  :(

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 22, 2020, 03:45:50 AM

It is  :-\

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Stitch on Jul 22, 2020, 06:53:24 AM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 22, 2020, 03:45:50 AM

It is  :-\

Yet another reason not to like 2020...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed