Dark Horse Announces New Comic Series, Alien: The Original Screenplay!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jan 16, 2020, 08:06:38 PM

Author
Dark Horse Announces New Comic Series, Alien: The Original Screenplay! (Read 91,487 times)

Russ840

Corporal Hicks

Just finished reading the first issue. I still kind of think they should have gone for a pulpy kind of look to the artwork, but damn if I don't love the artwork regardless. Some Covenant vibes in the design of the Snark, and some interesting modern style in the character design, but since it's not actually made in the 70s, it works for me.

The colouring in particular I really do dig. I think this is one of Dark Horse's best looking comics.

Russ840

Yeah. This was a good issue. Also loving the art.

The crew have much less friction between them than what ending up being.

This was good. Can't wait for more and then th hardcover.

Darkness

Yeah, really loving the artwork style.

What's the main differences between this and the final script?

fiveways

Hated the art.  Took me completely out of it and looked more like a really generic super hero book than anything Alien.

SiL

Quote from: Darkness on Aug 05, 2020, 08:26:48 PM

No Ash and no Company.

SpaceKase

Quote from: SiL on Aug 05, 2020, 09:15:58 PM
Quote from: Darkness on Aug 05, 2020, 08:26:48 PM

No Ash and no Company.

Sort of fitting for an Alien...resurrection, if you will.

Voodoo Magic

Looking forward to reading it!  Unfortunately I won't have this in my grubby hands until Friday.  :-\

Xiggz456

Solid first issue! Looking forward to the next one!

Rambo

Art and limited comic from DH Direct look great in person. I'll wait until this weekend when I get the normal/variant issues before I actually read it.

Voodoo Magic

Just literally started reading this and it's been a long time since I read the script, but aren't Standard and Roby supposed to be males?

Corporal Hicks

I guess, but it still had the same caveat of "this is unisex, anyone can be female/male".

SiL

O'Bannon's script always included the note that the roles were written unisex and could be played by whoever, although male pronouns were used throughout.

He was surprised they made the lead female, as he didn't expect it, but he wasn't against it.

Voodoo Magic

Yeah, I just dipped into the script again and within its first page: "Slowly, groggily, six nude men sit up." But I do see that caveat.

SiL

They took it and ran with it, by the looks of it.

And good on 'em. Why not.

But the capes? Why the capes?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed