Michael Bishop was Pitched for AvP2

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 15, 2019, 09:24:59 AM

Author
Michael Bishop was Pitched for AvP2 (Read 3,820 times)

Corporal Hicks

Via AvP2 News Twitter.

SiL

SiL

Surprisingly good likeness to boot!

Samhain13

Samhain13

Really? I mean... he is mentioned in a text log and all:

But since he would be like 50 years older I though this log was just a little nod to the character, almost like a joke, rather than him being actually considered being part of it. I imagined he would be dead by 2230, but then synth upgrades might have done the difference.

Corporal Hicks

Kradan

f**king goddamit !  :o

Voodoo Magic

Damn.. nice model too.

nrcheever

Quote from: Samhain13 on Oct 15, 2019, 08:56:47 PM

But since he would be like 50 years older I though this log was just a little nod to the character, almost like a joke, rather than him being actually considered being part of it. I imagined he would be dead by 2230, but then synth upgrades might have done the difference.

heh.... funny trivial.  Do you know what the "IO Mining Facility" was a reference to?  I tried to add more film nods into the game, but when I stuck things like "Tannhauser Gate" it caught the Producer's eye and I had to remove some notes.

The age + year for Bishop could be explained with Synth Tech as well as simple Family legacy + DNA stuff if there was every a need to go deeper.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: nrcheever on Oct 19, 2019, 09:42:59 PM
Quote from: Samhain13 on Oct 15, 2019, 08:56:47 PM

heh.... funny trivial.  Do you know what the "IO Mining Facility" was a reference to?  I tried to add more film nods into the game, but when I stuck things like "Tannhauser Gate" it caught the Producer's eye and I had to remove some notes.

The age + year for Bishop could be explained with Synth Tech as well as simple Family legacy + DNA stuff if there was every a need to go deeper.

Oh welcome to site Nathan. Good to see someone who worked at AVP2 here, I was just looking at some AVP2 stuff in your channel the other day after finding out about you through this thread.

I suppose the mining facility is a reference to Alien 3's prison? Well Rieser seemed like he could be a Double-Y kind of guy.

I really liked all the stuff hidden in notes and logs through the game, the worldbuilding and backstory info is something that really makes AVP2 stand out among the other games. Its my favorite one and a big reason on why I became an AVP fan. I really wished you guys could have made an AVP3.

nrcheever

The notes were fun to do!  I only did a handful of them though.  The IO Mining Facility was this place if you recognize it:

Youtube screwed up a lot of the audio in my videos.  I need to re-mix them and upload new versions since they don't allow you to upload updated ones.

And YES I would've loved to work on a sequel!  I was hoping some talented crew would take the AvP2 story and use all the latest Alien game assets to create an updated version.

Samhain13

Samhain13

I'm still hoping. :D

Either a AVP2 remake or a sequel to it would be great. I would love to see Harrison and Prince(our nickname for the main predator) again. Seeing how LV-1201 and those baddass Praetorians are doing and what Dunya has been up to lately.  ;)

Also if its not much of a bother... if you could help with some questions.

1. About Eisenberg becoming a synth. Were like parts of his body replaced with synth tech or was his mind transfered to a synthetic body?

2. Whatever happened to the Artifact of Primal Hunt? It appeared to me that one of the aliens got it before Pod 5's destruction. Did the aliens like hide it deeper into the hive?

3. The pilot/space jockey technology is mentioned a lot in the game, was there ever any plans of having a live space jockey in the game or go deeper in the species's relation to the aliens?

4. I really liked the Assault Predator design, any reason why his skin wasn't used in any of the Predators you fight on the singleplayer campaigns?

SiL

SiL

Quote from: nrcheever on Oct 19, 2019, 11:17:06 PM
The notes were fun to do!  I only did a handful of them though.  The IO Mining Facility was this place if you recognize it:

https://d13ezvd6yrslxm.cloudfront.net/wp/wp-content/images/zz3658d910.jpg
Outland!

nrcheever

Quote from: Samhain13 on Oct 19, 2019, 11:42:23 PM
I'm still hoping. :D

Either a AVP2 remake or a sequel to it would be great. I would love to see Harrison and Prince(our nickname for the main predator) again. Seeing how LV-1201 and those baddass Praetorians are doing and what Dunya has been up to lately.  ;)

Also if its not much of a bother... if you could help with some questions.

1. About Eisenberg becoming a synth. Were like parts of his body replaced with synth tech or was his mind transfered to a synthetic body?

2. Whatever happened to the Artifact of Primal Hunt? It appeared to me that one of the aliens got it before Pod 5's destruction. Did the aliens like hide it deeper into the hive?

3. The pilot/space jockey technology is mentioned a lot in the game, was there ever any plans of having a live space jockey in the game or go deeper in the species's relation to the aliens?

4. I really liked the Assault Predator design, any reason why his skin wasn't used in any of the Predators you fight on the singleplayer campaigns?

1. My memory says it was him replacing parts and not a mind transfer.

2. I'm not sure what Primal Hunt's story stuff was. Fox did the whole thing without talking to us. (well AFAIK because I was only a regular joe back then. It could be Monolith didn't want anything else to do with Fox, or vice-versa, or simply the contract was up and both walked away).

3. Nope -- no Space Jockey stuff.  The only thing at the time was the Dark Horse comic series which short of took him literal looking like an elephant alien of sorts.  I was making a large Alien-Jockey Hive that was based on one of Giger's works*.  Some other guys took over the hive stuff and took it a different direction.

4. This one I'm not sure of either.  I know there was lots of talk about how we had to water down the Predators and some of the Marine weapons to balance MP.  So much of the game was done in such a small scrappy group that had their own little camps.

*3 -- I was doing a large underground jocket-hive network based on this alien hieroglyphic:

Quote from: SiL on Oct 19, 2019, 11:59:10 PM
Quote from: nrcheever on Oct 19, 2019, 11:17:06 PM

https://d13ezvd6yrslxm.cloudfront.net/wp/wp-content/images/zz3658d910.jpg
Outland!

BINGO!  I was trying to tie in the Blade Runner, Outland, and Aliens universe together (way before Prometheus linked Tyrell to Wayland)

Samhain13

Samhain13

Thanks for the info.

Primal Hunt was about Zeta Site, a region on the Pilot ruins which holded an Ancient Pilot Artifact that could keep the Aliens at bay, I assumed it was something used by the Pilots to try to control the aliens. Before they ran into... complications.

The Predators found it 500 years before the events of the game, they used it to establish bases close to the hive, eventually they were overrun by the aliens, which seems to be particully focused on not letting anyone have it, aware of what the Artifact can do.

Later in 2230 the humans find the Artifact, taking it back to Pod 5, the aliens launch an attack to take it from the humans, which led to the Pod's destruction.

I'm suprised you guys didn't wrote that, the story fitted well with the main game, story wise it was a great prequel, there were references to its events in text logs, the Predator in PH is even the reason why other Predators start visiting LV-1201 in the main game. Felt like it was something that was planned from the start.

Quote from: nrcheever on Oct 20, 2019, 04:55:16 AM
*3 -- I was doing a large underground jocket-hive network based on this alien hieroglyphic:

https://i.pinimg.com/474x/48/d0/0f/48d00f962634285ac00b896c7574c1d6--aliens-film-the-aliens.jpg

That sounds great.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed