Free League Publishing Announce Alien: The Roleplaying Game

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 26, 2019, 05:35:38 PM

Author
Free League Publishing Announce Alien: The Roleplaying Game (Read 159,125 times)

Gemini

Quote from: Xenomrph on Apr 17, 2020, 08:19:08 PM
Today I learned that the map on the inside cover of the core rulebook is a watered down version of the map that comes in the map pack, and the full map has more EU references. Off the top of my head I spotted Rim (the planet from the Perry trilogy of novels that Billie is from)
that's cool! the Perry trilogy was my first entry into the EU and I never saw Rim mentioned anywhere else- ever! I mean, I now realise that was probably because it was a retcon job so not a world they created as such

another thing I spotted which I liked- it gives an explanation for why a lot of the tech in the Alien universe is pretty old and battered, and also why the tech in the prequels is much slicker than Alien/Aliens etc. because it's set on the frontier, they actually get a lot of the crappy old tech out there's that's been rejected or not maintained for a while. and there was a huge data loss from an electromagnetic fault in the early 21st century.. meaning that physical data storage become in vogue again.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Replacement on Apr 18, 2020, 09:33:49 AM
Using RollD20 and grabbing some atmospheric music and sound effects going really helps.
I've uploaded the maps and tokens to the game and the character sheet system and dice rolling that's available in rollD20 perfectly replicates the dice system in game.

I love Roll20s ability to add the music. It really does work well for ambience.

Corporal Hicks

I've not watched it yet but here's some footage of a session we did.

Kradan

Kradan

Are you planning to release some gameplay videos on site's YouTube channel ? I don't care for the game personally, I just like hearing you guys talk and tease each other.

Corporal Hicks

We're planning on. Only got this one recorded so far, and I'll upload on our channel too, but without the cool overlays.

Kradan

Corporal Hicks

Haven't had the chance to watch yet.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

QuoteFree League Publishing and 20th Century Studios are proud to announce not one but two major expansions for the official ALIEN tabletop roleplaying game, released last December to universal acclaim. This August will see the release of a boxed Starter Set, as well as a brand-new Cinematic module entitled Destroyer of Worlds. Both titles can be pre-ordered from the ALIEN RPG website as of today in honor of ALIEN DAY, the annual 4/26 celebration of the ALIEN franchise and fandom.

The ALIEN RPG Starter Set is designed to be the perfect entry point into the game and the ALIEN universe. Affordably priced at $49.99, it contains everything needed to start playing, including an abridged 104-page softcover quickstart of the core rules, 20 custom dice, reference cards, character handouts, a huge starmap, and the complete Cinematic scenario Chariot of the Gods by sci-fi author Andrew E.C. Gaska.

Destroyer of Worlds, also penned by Gaska, is a continuation of the story from Chariot, this time focusing upon an iconic type of character from the ALIEN universe: the Colonial Marine. A team of Colonial Marines get dropped onto the moon Ariaricus to handle a growing insurgency, but soon find themselves fighting for their lives against enemies beyond their worst nightmares. Priced at $29.99, the Destroyer of Worlds Cinematic scenario will come in a boxed set, including maps, handouts, and cards for a fully immersive tabletop experience.

The 392-page core rulebook for the official ALIEN roleplaying game was released in December 2019 along with a host of supplements. The game immediately sold out its first print run and swiftly entered the Top-5 list of best-selling tabletop RPGs in the fall of 2019. The game is currently being translated into seven languages, and was recently nominated for an Origins Award for Best RPG of the Year.

https://frialigan.se/en/store/?product_id=4927322128521
https://frialigan.se/en/store/?product_id=4927028985993

Xenomrph

I want to preorder Destroyer of Worlds but the shipping cost from their site is, like, half the price of the item itself.

Like yeah I get that it's coming from overseas but I think I'm going to just wait until amazon carries it and then I don't have to pay crazy international shipping.

cinist3r

I was inclined to pre-order this, but then I realized I need friends to play this with.  :'(

Dingbat

Yeah, I have that problem too, maybe it's possible to play against someone online.

Kailem

Yeah everything about this RPG looks amazing, but the lack of any of hoomans around who'd be willing to play it with me is one of the big reasons I haven't gotten it yet (or any other tabletop RPGs, for that matter).

On a related note, as someone who's never actually bought or played any tabletop RPGs and thus is a noob in their ways, what would be the benefit of getting this starter kit when the main game already came out last year? Is it just like a "demo" version of the game or something? If you bought the starter kit would it then be a waste of money to buy the full version afterwards? Or similarly, if you just got the main game would the starter kit not even be something you would have to consider getting?

Clockwork

There's so many ways to play online, for those without local roleplaying victims.. er... friends. My group uses a combination of Discord and Zoom. But by no means is that everything (Though Discord does have dice rolling bots, and the Alien RPG one is AMAZING).

Kailem

Quote from: Clockwork on Apr 26, 2020, 06:50:55 PM
There's so many ways to play online, for those without local roleplaying victims.. er... friends. My group uses a combination of Discord and Zoom. But by no means is that everything (Though Discord does have dice rolling bots, and the Alien RPG one is AMAZING).

"You always know a decent throw."

Clockwork

Ohhhhhhh... that's beautiful.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed