Blomkamp's Alien 5 is "Innovative, Amazing, Performs Fan Service"

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 23, 2016, 11:25:49 PM

Author
Blomkamp's Alien 5 is "Innovative, Amazing, Performs Fan Service" (Read 112,829 times)

Perfect-Organism

Here is another article that just popped up on the subject..

https://geektyrant.com/news/james-cameron-is-working-on-relaunching-the-alien-franchise

This film is quickly becoming the "Jodorowsky's Dune" of our generation.  Let's hope it actually gets made!

The Old One

The Old One

No, it's not-  Andrej Jodorowsky's an excellent filmmaker with an incredibly original vision, which the disintegration of resulted in the phenomenons of Star Wars, Alien and others.

Neill Blomkamp's (currently) cancelled Alien doesn't seem to be the same in any respect.

maron

I want Blomkamp to do the sequel to Covenant.

SM

Necronomicon II

Necronomicon II

Quote from: maron on Feb 10, 2019, 12:24:18 AM
I want Blomkamp to do the sequel to Covenant.

:D ;D Blomkamp can design all the '79 retro-tech and all the rest of the paraphernalia fans want, then Ridley can have his juicy David abomination infesting the cosmos mmmm

No way Cameron would pass on including some (F)ASS in the action, c'mon lets work it out so everyone is happy.  ;D

AVP-CAPCOM

AVP-CAPCOM

I like how AVPGALAXY has broken the internet just by taking a throwaway closing comment from James Cameron out of context.

The original dialogue.

Interviewer at red carpet premier of BATTLE ANGEL ALITA (after talking about everything bar BATTLE ANGEL and the actual Director Robert Rodriguez)- "......and what about a telephone call to Neill Blomkamp about his ALIEN movie"
Cameron (walks away quickly)- "....working on that".

To me that just says James Cameron was paying lip service to the usual "ALIENS" sequel hype question that has dogged and derailed from the actual interview topic for decades. Which in this case was BATTLE ANGEL ALITA using Cameron's resources. I felt sorry for Rodriguez getting sidelined at his own premier.

SM

SM

It's the internet, baby.

Necronomicon II

Working on a phone call...

Internet translation:

"OMG Cameron is RELAUNCHING the Alien franchise!" and/or "OMG Cameron is RETURNING to the Alien franchise."

:D :D :D :D

AVP-CAPCOM

AVP-CAPCOM

Quote from: Necronomicon II on Feb 10, 2019, 08:52:53 AM
Working on a phone call...

Internet translation:

"OMG Cameron is RELAUNCHING the Alien franchise!" and/or "OMG Cameron is RETURNING to the Alien franchise."

:D :D :D :D

B-b-b-ut what about BATTLE ANGEL!!!!! (stomps feet).

Does no-one care about a $200 Million live adaptation of a dusty VHS Manga Video release, 25 years ago, from 1994?

I, and the cinema going public, demand answers!!!!!!!!

Now I am going to sulk in the attic while I search for my copy, I'm sure it's up here somewhere.

(Please note. Sarcasm).

XENOMORPHOSIS

Its funny to see that some are triggered by the notion of this happening, it'll either happen or it won't. Those who want will see it. If others are not interested they don't have to watch it.

Some hate Alien 3 and will embrace an alternative continuity entry. Others love Alien 3 and will reject the alternative continuity entry.

Necronomicon II

Is there room for juicy continuity?

Nukiemorph

I don't want to reject anything.

I want to embrace it all and have it all to work together.

Drukathi

Quote from: CelticP on Feb 09, 2019, 05:37:09 PM
Halloween H40 changed my mind a bit about this project. Honestly, bring it on. I wouldn't kind seeing Weaver kick ass one more time, and I love Neil Blomkamp. I love Alien 3 too, but this movie isn't going to erase it. It's not like after Halloween h40 I'm not allowed to watch Halloween 2 or other Halloween 2. Canon is a construct and doesn't matter honestly. Just tell good ass stories.

Completely agree. Canon is just a word.
As I say early: "Nobody takes Alien 3 from us. Just remember this and relax". But Alien 3 fans don't worried about this, they worried only about canon. As if this word give some privileges. Exalts the movie and talks about its importance. ;D It's just a word, relax.
Btw, Alien 3 fans already have they dream movie. But Aliens fans - no. And this movie is the hope of a sequel that some people have been waiting for since 1992.

Quote from: CelticP on Feb 09, 2019, 05:37:09 PMJust tell good ass stories.

Yeah, and Cameron and Blomkamp can do that. Since when does anyone doubt about Cameron?

AVP-CAPCOM

Quote from: Necronomicon II on Feb 10, 2019, 11:09:16 AM
Is there room for juicy continuity?

As long as we can all agree on what is canon, I see no arguments.

Necronomicon II

There is but one single canon... And it's a penis.  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed