Blomkamp's Alien 5 is "Innovative, Amazing, Performs Fan Service"

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 23, 2016, 11:25:49 PM

Author
Blomkamp's Alien 5 is "Innovative, Amazing, Performs Fan Service" (Read 112,796 times)

Rankles75

Quote from: Wweyland on Feb 10, 2019, 07:01:24 PM
Isn't he just saying that he is working on giving Blomkamp a call? I think this quote has been blown out of proportion.

Not really surprising, hasn't been too much for fans of the series to get excited by in recent years. :)

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: P-Rock on Feb 10, 2019, 07:05:54 PM
Quote from: The Old One on Feb 10, 2019, 02:50:46 PM
No, it depends on competent Writers and Directors both. Producers? Perhaps.

Alien, Aliens, Alien³- David Giler and Walter Hill,  Ridley Scott- Dan O'Bannon & Ronald Shusett, James Cameron, David Fincher.
Full talent involved in each one.

Calling Paul W.S. Anderson basically a talentless hack proves you have little knowledge of movie making.

Arrogance never gets old.
No, it proves nothing- Paul W.S Anderson's never been a good Director.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Wweyland on Feb 10, 2019, 07:01:24 PM
Isn't he just saying that he is working on giving Blomkamp a call? I think this quote has been blown out of proportion.

Hey we're trying to "make" news here!

setaverde

Raised by wolves series will give us some kind of closure about alien covenant. It's very similar to the story of David,   that should be continued by Ridley Scott in alien awakening. You can publish a novel of alien awakening supported with a cellphone game, for example.
I would prefer to see a TV show named "engineers, gardners of space" and separate the two worlds, the alien world and the engineer world. The alien franchise needs time to be well thought.
I don't need to see David dying, the derelict crashing, the chest bursting procedure applied to the covenant crew, engineers fighting against humans, robots and aliens.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Feb 09, 2019, 09:54:39 PM
Has Carrie Henn expressed any interest in returning, even in a cameo role? I wouldn't like to see her replaced by some 'action-babe-of-the-week'.

Carrie said that apparently Neill had a cameo in mind for her involving a video-phone call or something. The Corporal might be able to recall more - word is he has an eidetic memory.  ;)

If the passing-of-the-torch to Newt rumours are true then I very much doubt that Carrie will play Newt again. They'll probably cast a reasonably well known Hollywood actress (or otherwise an incredibly talented unknown) to play the role of Newt. I suspect Neill might have been priming Dakota Fanning for the role of Newt. He cast her in both his short film, Zygote (in a very Newt-like role) as well as his BMW commercial-shortfilm, The Escape back when his Alien film was still on the cards. If he managed to get someone of her caliber to star in his personally funded shortfilm then he must have promised her something much larger in return. Same story with Sigourney Weaver who stared in Rakka, another of his shorts.

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Feb 09, 2019, 10:16:56 PM
Wasn't there some artwork which featured Carrie Henn a few years ago?  It looked great.  I also would think that despite it being a role opportunity of a lifetime, it should be played by Carrie Henn. 

P-Rock

Not sure why people want Carrie Henn to return as Newt. She's starred in one movie and then gave up acting. If she would decide to pick up her acting career she might need some acting lessons first.

Local Trouble

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 10, 2019, 07:55:04 PM

What about Event Horizon?

The Old One

The Old One

P-Rock

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 10, 2019, 10:28:16 PM
Quote from: The Old One on Feb 10, 2019, 07:55:04 PM

What about Event Horizon?

Event Horizon is awesome. Anderson even got the cinematographer and set decorator of Aliens to work on it.

I wish we ever get to see the 2 hour cut.

SM

Death Race is great fun too.

Local Trouble

426Buddy

Mortal Kombat was amazing when I watched it theaters as a kid.

Now... not so much lol.

P-Rock

As long as you don't take it seriously, Mortal Kombat still is good, cheesy fun. Forget about the sequel though!

Other Anderson movies I like: Shopping, Soldier (Blade Runner sidequel), AVP, Resident Evil, Death Race. I kinda enjoyed The Three Musketeers too, but Disney's effort in 1993 was better. The guy definitely knows how to make movies, despite them not being overly original. Pompeii and Resident Evil: The Final Chapter were shit though.

Oasis Nadrama

Event Horizon was good, but not exceptionally good, and by the current state of Anderson's filmography I think we can fairly consider it to be a happy accident.

I mean...

Kradan

I know this is quite annoying but can somebody patiently explains why first AVP movie considered as bad?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed