Ridley Scott & Damon Lindelof to screen PROMETHEUS footage at WonderCon.

Started by El Diablo, Mar 07, 2012, 12:33:06 AM

Author
Ridley Scott & Damon Lindelof to screen PROMETHEUS footage at WonderCon. (Read 27,625 times)

fiveways

Quote from: Kol on Mar 13, 2012, 11:34:51 AM
Quote from: fiveways on Mar 13, 2012, 07:31:25 AM
On an earlier note there is a lot of documentation that Tom Rothman hates being in charge of anything to do with X-Men.  There is tons on it out there.  I can see him doing a lot of those things just to screw with the director and franchise because he loathes it.  Hell, even look at how little hype there was around "X-Men:First Class".  I had no idea it was coming out at all, and I am a guy that is at the comic store every wed. morning picking up my new books [comics ship on wed. in Canada]

I can't see Fox treating Ridley Scott the same way, I can see them giving him a bit more freedom over his vision and doing the edits later.  Though, with how his last few movies have performed at the box office, maybe they will have him under more restraints.

from what you're saying, i guess rothman is a cocaine-addict.

That or he is just a c**t.  Probably both from the sound of things.  Or a recovering coke head.  Or just another asshole with a monster ego and a dexedrine script.

botched

Cvalda, how did you get Tickets for The Q & A? I'll be at Wonder Con but I want to get into The AMC show too!  ;D

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: botched on Mar 14, 2012, 08:55:11 AM
Cvalda, how did you get Tickets for The Q & A? I'll be at Wonder Con but I want to get into The AMC show too!  ;D
You've gotta have an AMC Stubs card (it costs $12), and then you have to email one of their customer service people. Not sure if there are any spaces left. Oddly enough, if anyone here remembers when we were all in a tizzy over that rumored PROMETHEUS screening? That's the site I ended up getting my passes through.

Just got an email from AMC inviting me to the screening...again... so it looks like there are more seats left!

Cvalda

Cvalda

From the PROMETHEUS Facebook page:
QuoteWe're upping the ante on tomorrow's Fox WonderCon panel - all attendees will get FREE limited-edition lenticular posters for Prometheus and Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter!]We're upping the ante on tomorrow's Fox WonderCon panel - all attendees will get FREE limited-edition lenticular posters for Prometheus and Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter!
YEEESSSSSS.

Glaive

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 16, 2012, 08:33:04 PM
From the PROMETHEUS Facebook page:
QuoteWe're upping the ante on tomorrow's Fox WonderCon panel - all attendees will get FREE limited-edition lenticular posters for Prometheus and Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter!]We're upping the ante on tomorrow's Fox WonderCon panel - all attendees will get FREE limited-edition lenticular posters for Prometheus and Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter!
YEEESSSSSS.

If you only knew how much I HATE you at this moment...

Cvalda

Quote from: Glaive on Mar 16, 2012, 09:02:04 PM
If you only knew how much I HATE you at this moment...
Don't worry, I'm sure some will turn up on eBay :P

El Diablo

Trailer just played. Very intense looking. Shaw appears to decode a message found on an archeological dig on earth, thinks it's an invitation from our "gods" to meet them out there beyond space. She was wrong apparently. Glimpses of Space Jockey stalking crew. Scary stuff. More details to come. Panel in progress (with special guests Charlize Theron and Michael Fassbender!!).

MrSpaceJockey

Great stuff!

I suddenly feel very strange about posting how stupid it would be for the jockey to be stalking the crew in the ship like a horror film months ago...

El Diablo

Call **66843 (**movie).

Prometheus exclusive hotline, lol.

MrSpaceJockey

Thankee. I got a link to see the IMAX teaser though.

El Diablo

Trailer also featured scenes of something growing out of one of those urns, something slimy that David seems to take interest in. There are a few quick shots of the Jockey, mostly from a distance. He's huge and his body had a shiny wet sheen, very biomechanical in appearance but definitely humanoid. There's a scene in a cave or maybe the Ampule room where a crewmember shines a flashlight across a wall with stylized sculpture of what appeared to be a Xenomorph.

Arcyarc

Quote from: El Diablo on Mar 17, 2012, 10:44:30 PMThere's a scene in a cave or maybe the Ampule room where a crewmember shines a flashlight across a wall with stylized sculpture of what appeared to be a Xenomorph.

This would lend a huge amount of credibility to a "leak" from months and months ago which said;
"I have witnessed foam cut outs of unmistakable aliens all cut in half lengh ways so they could be in the floor walls etc and very much from the original film."

Can't remember what else was said in that particular leak, I'm sure it's in the timeline sticky thread under a spolier tag...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed