The Predator @ Comic-Con

Started by ace3g, Jun 20, 2018, 12:17:30 AM

Author
The Predator @ Comic-Con (Read 98,300 times)

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

There was no explicit reference to AVP in the script I read and I assume there's none in the film.

HumanPredator

HumanPredator

Speedy, i think i read something about Lex's spear being in this...wonder how they got that...did she die in the snow

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Jul 19, 2018, 06:52:36 PM
There was no explicit reference to AVP in the script I read and I assume there's none in the film.

The re-shoots are reported to include subtle references to AvP, I think the spear used in the first AvP is supposed to be on display in the Stargazer labs.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: Dusk on Jul 19, 2018, 06:48:37 PM
So yeah... I don't care for this one bit. Isn't the whole point of the hunt to be challenging? If you try to hunt challenging prey that's worthy of your time, there is, you know, the risk of dying. So why would they be pissed? And why would be Predator in the 2nd Movie even reward Harrigan, if killing their champions is some sort of affront?

That was a long time ago. If they keep getting jobbed by what must surely be considered an inferior race, I can see a stagnating honor-bound society developing schisms and factions on that issue. We can make assumptions but we know very little about Predator culture.

Jesscobb

Jesscobb

Sounds terrible! Will we get a "reboot " in 2 years time. 

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: MudButt on Jul 19, 2018, 06:53:47 PM

The re-shoots are reported to include subtle references to AvP, I think the spear used in the first AvP is supposed to be on display in the Stargazer labs.

Yes, that was in the script I read - all that was said was, IIRC, 'artifacts from each film'. That's not explicit IMO, just a small nod. I'm fine with it. Explicit would be actually discussing it onscreen or it figuring into plot.

Quote from: HumanPredator on Jul 19, 2018, 06:53:14 PM
Speedy, i think i read something about Lex's spear being in this...wonder how they got that...did she die in the snow

I hate AVP with a passion, but I would assume when Lex returned to civilization the spear was confiscated by authorities. They managed to shut Dutch up too, and probably Harrigan as well.

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Jul 19, 2018, 06:55:16 PM
Quote from: MudButt on Jul 19, 2018, 06:53:47 PM

Yes, that was in the script I read - all that was said was, IIRC, 'artifacts from each film'. That's not explicit IMO, just a small nod. I'm fine with it. Explicit would be actually discussing it onscreen or it figuring into plot.

Yeah, I doubt they'll openly say "We found this spear in Antarctica", etc.

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: Russ840 on Jul 19, 2018, 06:43:46 PM
https://www.cbr.com/sdcc-2018-predator-shane-black/

Comic book resource is making the claim that 'Fugitive' is female.

Any credibility in that Hicks ?

Skeptical.  I wonder what their source is...doesn't seem like it was mentioned in the interview.

Quote from: Dusk on Jul 19, 2018, 06:48:37 PM
Quote#ThePredator homeworld has sent their two best champions to Earth and they haven't returned. They're pissed.

So yeah... I don't care for this one bit. Isn't the whole point of the hunt to be challenging? If you try to hunt challenging prey that's worthy of your time, there is, you know, the risk of dying. So why would they be pissed? And why would be Predator in the 2nd Movie even reward Harrigan, if killing their champions is some sort of affront?

Yeah, that part's kind of...hmm.  Surely they're referring to something else?

HumanPredator

HumanPredator

Thanks for the reply, Speedy. I think that is the best explanation. I really hope they don't tell what happened to dutch...keeping it a mystery is best.

MudButt

MudButt

I'd bet money he is referring to the first two movies. Since AvP movies really weren't about hunting humans.

Wysps

Wysps

No, I definitely don't think he's referring to the AVP movies.  But I also find it hard to believe that he's referring to the CH and JH either.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

People: The general public's only major frame of reference for the Predator is those two movies. They consider the Predators in those movies to be cool, badass iconic monsters of cinema (as do I). Of course he is referring to those Predators. Nobody in this movie is going to start referencing AVP, Predators or Dark Horse Comics.

HumanPredator

HumanPredator

Wysps,

Just find it hard to believe that they would get pissed over two preds dying.   i mean it is no big deal.

MudButt

MudButt

I think people are upset because he said some of the Predators back on their planet are upset because two champions got beat. Well it's probably the same faction that he says are not opposed to upgrading themselves to be stronger hunters. Like I said before, Jungle Hunter literally got mad that he lost and decided to blow everything up. I'd bet he would've been one of those hunters upgrading himself if he had won.

black

black

Quote from: MudButt on Jul 19, 2018, 06:51:15 PM
Yeah, but the first Predator literally busted a cheap move and tried to blow everything up because he lost. I get the feeling these Predators don't exactly play by their own rules which have never been laid out clearly anyways.

Quote from: Hollywood on Jul 19, 2018, 06:49:58 PM
Quote from: black on Jul 19, 2018, 06:47:19 PM
After Black's statement about the AVP, I lost faith completely. :(

I think he's trying to not alienate fans of avp but still saying his film wont acknowledge those movies.

He said there won't be any Xenomorphs in the movie, he's just saying AvP "happened". I doubt the movie will acknowledge it much with any dialogue.
I have enough of this statement to understand that he does not care about both universes. It's a pity that Ridley Scott did not make the same references to the Predator.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed