Dark Horse Comics Announces Aliens: Colonial Marines: Rising Threat!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 13, 2019, 02:32:05 PM

Author
Dark Horse Comics Announces Aliens: Colonial Marines: Rising Threat! (Read 61,008 times)

Nightmare Asylum

There's evidence. Images of emails. Dating back to 2013, when this all should have been taken care of.

The real problem here is that the guy has been getting work in the industry for the last six years at all.

Wweyland

I guess the Rising Threat was actually him

Hed-Veta

"Images of emails"? From 2013? Ok. I have image that Tobey Maguire starring in "Joker".

>The real problem here is that the guy has been getting work in the industry for the last six years at all.

No, the problem is: where the hell was this woman for the last six years at all?

Was there an investigation? Had the necessary evidence been presented to the court? Was there a trial? Was there a conviction? No. No. No.

Nostromo

Nostromo

Quote from: Wweyland on Aug 31, 2019, 07:34:38 PM
I guess the Rising Threat was actually him

Oh man, lol.

Seriously though, Dark Horse, please make Tristan Jones a permanent Alien artist/writer for the next 10 years at least.....still my favorite artist, his covers and interior art just really stand the f**k out with anything Aliens.

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Quote from: Hed-Veta on Aug 31, 2019, 07:34:56 PM
"Images of emails"? From 2013? Ok. I have image that Tobey Maguire starring in "Joker".

>The real problem here is that the guy has been getting work in the industry for the last six years at all.

No, the problem is: where the hell was this woman for the last six years at all?

Was there an investigation? Had the necessary evidence been presented to the court? Was there a trial? Was there a conviction? No. No. No.

It's not a criminal proceeding he is getting fired not put into jail.

If he disagrees with his termination by DH he can present the case  to a court like everybody else who feels unlawfully terminated.

Hed-Veta

Quote from: The Kurgan on Aug 31, 2019, 07:43:31 PM

If he disagrees with his termination by DH he can present the case  to a court like everybody else who feels unlawfully terminated.

So he has to go to court and PROVE that he didn't molest anyone. Why shouldn't those who accuse him of it prove anything? And why don't they go to the courts like all "everybody else" whose rights have been violated? And why didn't they Wake up until six years later? And then they'll drop all the charges again?

The Kurgan

So everytime somebody wants to fire an employee they have to get the Ok from a court?

The court judges if his right has been violated. That's how it works.

I don't know why it took six years, same as you.
But it's not something out of the ordinary that there is such a timeframe between the deed and the accusation.

Kimarhi

Pretty sure its two different instances with two different people. 

Xiggz456

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 31, 2019, 07:39:01 AM
Quote from: Xiggz456 on Aug 31, 2019, 12:09:24 AM
Well that kinda sucks and he's a POS but I was already less than enthused that he was writing Rising Threat to begin with. Dark Horse should hire Mira Grant to take his place. She already writes Spider-Gwen and she essentially created Olivia so it seems like perfect fit for her.

That is actually a perfect suggestion! It sure sounded like Seanan was disappointed she didn't get to do anything with Olivia's future, so I bet she'd be up for that! I love her Spider-Gwen - or Ghost-Spider as the title is now called - so I'd be all over that!

Really disappointed to hear about Brian Wood's behaviour.

Indeed. I emailed Dark Horse about it. Hopefully they consider it. By the way great podcast/interview with Seanan. When I heard she did comics I was actually a bit perturbed that Dark Horse didn't offer it to her in the first place.

JokersWarPig

Still Collating...

This is quite a horrible event. Was not expecting this, but it's the least they could do.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 31, 2019, 01:14:18 PM
https://twitter.com/tyrannojones/status/1167690381443719170

Wonder what cleared his schedule?

Simple lack of work, probably! Even leading artists probably find it a dicey business.

SM

Quote from: Hed-Veta on Aug 31, 2019, 07:56:17 PM
Quote from: The Kurgan on Aug 31, 2019, 07:43:31 PM

So he has to go to court and PROVE that he didn't molest anyone. Why shouldn't those who accuse him of it prove anything? And why don't they go to the courts like all "everybody else" whose rights have been violated? And why didn't they Wake up until six years later? And then they'll drop all the charges again?

Which charges?

Are you certain this ignorant hill is one you want to die on?

The Old One

The Old One

Oh well, I never approved of the narrative from Defiance into Resistance into Rescue, regardless of being early drawn in by Tristan Jones' art- the story never matched the quality of the rendering.

Nightmare Asylum

You are aware that the 2013 accusations are from a different woman, right?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed