20th Century Fox Panel at CCXP to Include Alien: Covenant?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 29, 2016, 01:46:48 PM

Author
20th Century Fox Panel at CCXP to Include Alien: Covenant? (Read 47,987 times)

CainsSon

Quote from: Ingwar on Dec 05, 2016, 06:10:44 PM
Quote from: oduodu on Dec 05, 2016, 06:05:41 PM
Easter island heads actually have a body connected to them buried in the ground below them. Interesting.

I am a bit confused is there 2 ships in covenant ?

Colony ship Covenant and the Juggernaut from Prometheus.

According to Wayne Haag there would have to be a drop ship as well. In his interview, he says they are on the Covenant, they land on the planet and then they go back to the Covenant.
Also of note is that we saw that ship on the shoreline, blow up. So maybe they are trapped there while they try and repair the ship.

LV-12986

Being fox associated, they released Independence Day resurgence trailer in December, maybe alien covenant trailer the same date?

Mr. Clemens

Just replying to be subscribed.

FaceHuggerLover

Cant wait to see this

Morose

I always new David had a soul. The real question is, does he know he has one?

I can see many issues arising from this.

Ingwar

Quote from: Morose on Dec 06, 2016, 09:11:40 PM

Soul doesn't exist. David doesn't have one. He's got consciousness as we have.

Protozoid

Quote from: Ingwar on Dec 06, 2016, 09:45:03 PM
Quote from: Morose on Dec 06, 2016, 09:11:40 PM

Soul doesn't exist. David doesn't have one. He's got consciousness as we have.
Scott addresses this on the commentary, but I don't remember exactly what he says. It's during David and Shaw's conversation at the end of the movie. David does not understand why Shaw needs answers, and she speculates that it's because she's human, and he's a robot. That was as close to being on the nose as Scott wanted to get, I think, but the idea was that David does not have a soul, but Shaw does, and that this distinction is important to the story. I'm not sure he referred to it as a soul, but he did not seem to think that David is fully alive. At least, he didn't think that in 2012.

Ingwar

@Protizoid

My bad. I meant soul as a religious concept. There're different definitions of soul.

Protozoid

I need to double-check that he used the word "soul", but it sounded to me like Scott was flirting with metaphysics quite a bit on this one.

Corporal Hicks

QuoteIT'S GOING to BE EPIC and terrifying! Check out content #AlienCovenant in unprecedented #FoxNaCCXPTour Panel. Day 13, 4:30 pm, in Recife.

https://twitter.com/FoxFilmdoBrasil/status/851812263778451456

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed