Alien: Covenant TV Spots

Started by ace3g, Apr 03, 2017, 01:25:59 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant TV Spots (Read 145,052 times)

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: cliffhanger on Apr 22, 2017, 09:47:22 PM
i'm speaking up here about it because it's absolute annoying and yes, i have also reported it.

Do what you feel is appropriate, man. I don't claim to be a saint. But I'd appreciate if you don't come at me to tell me I must be full of shit because of X or Y from the magazine article, and then get mad at the response. I'm honestly trying to live and let live.

Quote from: rabidranger on Apr 22, 2017, 09:49:16 PM
That Engineer mass exodus looks like something put of Game of Thrones. It makes wonder about their society. Did they turn their back on technology or just dig an old school aesthetic for their day to day life?

Honestly, I didn't like that shit in Prometheus and I don't like it now - the whole Renaissance Fair robe look, like the deleted bit with the old prunefaced Engineer on the cliff with the sacrificial one. It goes against what I always saw as the more consistent aesthetic of Giger's biomechanoids. I was more than willing to go with them being blue humanoids, but the whole sand and sandals robe look feels like cut-rate Star Trek to me, like some SyFy original series where they can only film in backlots or national parks. Do we really believe the space jockeys are hanging out low to the ground in the dust?

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

That Engineer mass exodus looks like something put of Game of Thrones. It makes wonder about their society. Did they turn their back on technology or just dig an old school aesthetic for their day to day life?
I think that these specific type of race are not the only ones, so maybe that's why their city looks like old roman.greek inspired.

Predaker

Predaker

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 22, 2017, 09:49:32 PM

Honestly, I didn't like that shit in Prometheus and I don't like it now - the whole Renaissance Fair robe look, like the deleted bit with the old prunefaced Engineer on the cliff with the sacrificial one. It goes against what I always saw as the more consistent aesthetic of Giger's biomechanoids. I was more than willing to go with them being blue humanoids, but the whole sand and sandals robe look feels like cut-rate Star Trek to me, like some SyFy original series where they can only film in backlots or national parks. Do we really believe the space jockeys are hanging out low to the ground in the dust?

Good thing we have David to take care of that for us.  ;D

cliffhanger

cliffhanger

i'm speaking up here about it because it's absolute annoying and yes, i have also reported it.

Do what you feel is appropriate, man. I don't claim to be a saint. But I'd appreciate if you don't come at me to tell me I must be full of shit because of X or Y from the magazine article, and then get mad at the response. I'm honestly trying to live and let live.

No you act like a wise-*ss that knows better than anybody on this forum and want medals for it.we all also would appreciate it if you can just let posters post, instead of constantly nag the living sh*t out of every little point that you dont agree with. you're not at all trying to live and let live, you're doing opposite, and also act rather trollish to go as far as act like a grammar nazi out on something pvt. Himmel posted. you're not claiming you're a saint? funny remark.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: cliffhanger on Apr 22, 2017, 10:02:26 PM
No you act like a wise-*ss that knows better than anybody on this forum and want medals for it.we all also would appreciate it if you can just let posters post, instead of constantly nag the living sh*t out of every little point that you dont agree with.

Dude, you stirred this up again by insisting something you saw meant those weren't the Engineers and that you 'told us so'. I spoke on that. That's all. I'm really not trying to f**k with you on this or have an argument. Believe whatever you want til opening day, just don't come at me about it before then.

And I definitely do not want a medal.

Predaker

Predaker

Quote from: cliffhanger on Apr 22, 2017, 09:24:48 PM
that fassbender quote.

told you they weren't engineers. bunch of wise*sses.

One of the descriptions from CinemaCon states those lines from David were not during the bombing scene but "present day" (after the Covenant had arrived.)

Also that twitter account is a fan, not Fassbender

cliffhanger

cliffhanger

I stir it up, really, you have zero self-cricism. no, you're not trying to f* with me, you have been doing so with multiple board members. nobody's coming 'at you', you came 'at everybody' that dont write what you think it should be like, and then you go all berserk about it. now people are having enough of it and you claim others stir it up or coming at you like you're some sort of saint, like you're remarking above?

remarkable.

whatever man, i'm done with dealing with your bs, as i can see you can't give it a rest and must have the final word on every single matter here.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: cliffhanger on Apr 22, 2017, 10:02:26 PM

No you act like a wise-*ss that knows better than anybody on this forum and want medals for it.we all also would appreciate it if you can just let posters post, instead of constantly nag the living sh*t out of every little point that you dont agree with. you're not at all trying to live and let live, you're doing opposite, and also act rather trollish to go as far as act like a grammar nazi out on something pvt. Himmel posted. you're not claiming you're a saint? funny remark.

I've not read every post he's made, but he's always been cool to me.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Can we relax here gentleman. There's no need to get bent out shape here.  Disagreements are going to happen but if folk can't do it like adults or take criticism, don't get involved.

Evanus

Evanus

Jesus, SpeedyMaxx is just being realistic. And I have to say I agree with him.

echobbase79

echobbase79

I'm curious as the why the Engineers put themselves in a arena where they can't escape? Of course it probably doesn't matter considering how much goo gets dropped on them.

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Quote from: Evanus on Apr 22, 2017, 10:30:02 PM
Jesus, SpeedyMaxx is just being realistic. And I have to say I agree with him.

I agree.  Still, multiple people here need to stop getting so hostile over differences in opinion.  It's a film.  Relax, folks.  Not everyone is going to agree with everyone else but we can at least agree to be mutually civil with one another?

kwisatz

kwisatz

Quote from: echobbase79 on Apr 22, 2017, 10:37:29 PM

I'm curious as the why the Engineers put themselves in a arena where they can't escape? Of course it probably doesn't matter considering how much goo gets dropped on them.

I think they really are spellbound by the sighting of the juggernaut and/or the scorpion ship (maybe thats even its ultimate purpose its so effin huge that it could be seen from anywhere in the city, and thats why David "activates" it too). Leading to the citadel i think the arena is in fact a huge courtyard that can be closed of for crowd control.

David picks this place intentionally and hovers over it with the juggernaut/scorpion ship. Nothing but a huge rat trap.

Anthony

Anthony

Quote from: St_Eddie on Apr 22, 2017, 11:21:09 PM
  Still, multiple people here need to stop getting so hostile over differences in opinion.  It's a film.  Relax, folks.  Not everyone is going to agree with everyone else but we can at least agree to be mutually civil with one another?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJTBPdVpdMc

I agree with this.

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

I really wish that Ridley Scott wasn't taking so much influence from our own history and architecture.  I mean, I understand that he's coming from the 'we're them and they're us' angle with the Engineers but damn, I really wanted me some Gigeresque planet of unholy nightmares.

I guess that's the problem with nigh on 40 years of dreams and expectations, in regards to that mysterious space jockey from 'Alien'.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed