Alien: Blackout Details Announced

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Jan 07, 2019, 02:09:41 PM

Author
Alien: Blackout Details Announced (Read 49,178 times)

Xhan

Xhan

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jan 08, 2019, 07:44:44 PM
Gamers should have actually purchased Isolation if they wanted a sequel so badly. I know most hardcore fans spoke with their wallets but the game had mediocre sales.

Now it seems like the whole gaming community thought Isolation was the best thing since sliced bread. Well obviously being one of the best alien games ever made wasnt enough to get the sales it needed to actually convince fox & sega that it was worth investing in a sequel.

IsolAlien was never a concept that was going to drive sales the way SEGA wanted it to. Not only is the genre p much dead and dying then, but at its heyday had either far FAR cheaper alternatives or much more well established franchises riffing on it that didn't have both bad game and bad movie baggage attached. Their expectations were on par with Square's absurd projections for their western properties that they still haven't learned how to manage for their OWN properties, much less separate already established IPs.

The good news is their material and chamfering system is going to make Star Citizen look really pretty.

SM

SM

Quote from: Hudson on Jan 09, 2019, 12:41:34 AM
Quote from: SM on Jan 08, 2019, 10:06:39 PM
Quote from: Hudson on Jan 08, 2019, 03:19:08 PM
Quote from: Mister Skeezler on Jan 08, 2019, 01:50:48 PM

Quote from: SiL on Jan 08, 2019, 01:04:43 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'm disappointed there's not another console/PC Isolation game.

But the world is not obligated to satisfy my expectations, so there's no sense shitting on this release for not pandering to my whims.

Very true, but you're also not obligated to be satisfied with every product released in the franchise either.

Being disappointed in a product ≠ shitting on a product.

I just want to make sure we realize the difference between toxic fandom (a serious issue) and genuine disappointment (a normal human reaction).

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

This. If I'm actually being accused of being a toxic fan for not being happy with this announcement...get real.

My (least) favorite thing about this thread is the negative reaction to the (understandable) negative reactions. Unless you have ALIEN FAN tattooed on your forehead, the "unhinged vitriol" doesn't immediately affect you or represent you to others, so what does it matter? The people in here actively criticizing others' reactions are coming off as shills.

What is literally the worst thing that can happen to the Alien franchise because of backlash over this? They might not make another mobile game. That's it. Boo f**king hoo. The majority of comments made here, comments in other media platforms, and articles written by game journalists indicate that the majority of Alien fans engaged in online discourse didn't want this.

Not a single person in this thread has been prevented or prohibited from eventually buying and playing this game as a result of anyone's gut reaction yesterday.

"Won't somebody think of the whiners???"

Again, what was the correct response to the Alien Blackout reveal that most of us have allegedly gotten wrong?

"Won't someone think of the wholesome corporation trying to sell us stuff???

Don't mind me.  I'm just a shill.

Hudson

Hudson

::)

And I'm an unhinged, vitriolic snob.

Local Trouble

I like where this is headed.

Voodoo Magic

Two men enter. One man leaves.

Vermillion

Local Trouble

Does this mean Randy can count on SM's support too?

Huggs

Vermillion

SM is a yes man. 
George Lucas and Disney would love him!

[emoji854]

The Old One

The Old One

Xhan's correct.

SEGA's Isolation expectations, projections...
Unrealistic.

Isolation sold incredibly well.
Considering it's Genre, ACM &
the history of movie-licensed games.
(& Cheaper alternatives.)

Corporal Hicks

Enough, please.

Hudson

Hudson

The official D3 Go! trailer post on YouTube--at this moment in time--is sitting at 620 up-votes, 23,000 down-votes. Pretty hilarious when one of the prominent arguments in support of this game boils down to: "it's fine because it's a business decision that makes financial sense." 

I had not actually watched the Diablo Immortal Q&A/reveal yet. Deliciously awkward. The folks behind Alien Blackout were smart not to put themselves up on a stage when they announced this game.

The Old One

The Old One

But not so smart that they didn't announce it after something else.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: The Old One on Jan 09, 2019, 06:43:08 AM
But not so smart that they didn't announce it after something else.
Like what? There's no other game planned for this multi-media initiative. There's no other game coming out any time soon.

Quote from: Hudson on Jan 09, 2019, 06:42:02 AM
The official D3 Go! trailer post on YouTube--at this moment in time--is sitting at 620 up-votes, 23,000 down-votes. Pretty hilarious when one of the prominent arguments in support of this game boils down to: "it's fine because it's a business decision that makes financial sense." 
Justin Bieber's Baby was the most disliked video for years. It went gold and platinum across multiple countries. It's a piece of shit song to be sure -- but acting like YouTube likes and dislikes is an indication of financial performance is really desperate.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed