Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game

Started by Manchu, Oct 10, 2013, 03:38:58 PM

Author
Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game (Read 393,447 times)

Kailem

Will do.

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jul 12, 2019, 09:19:42 PM
Quote from: Kailem on Jul 12, 2019, 02:23:03 PM
Just out of curiosity does anyone have any specific way that they pack everything back up? I just about managed to get everything back in the box after my initial test run but it was pretty much just in a "well I guess these fit here" kind of way with most of the tiles on the bottom along with the tokens, then the figures in their foam, then whatever tiles were left over on the top.

I use the box to store tiles/tokens, and avoid the foam like the plague. The angled cuts mean I've already broken plenty of Alien fingers, tails, a set of Wrist blades and a spear tip via snagging. If you don't actually need to take them anywhere, the ExPac boxes are a really good storage option. Personally I have the luxury of a glass cabinet I got cheap second hand, and am looking at some more from IKEA.

Yeah I have to admit the first time I took some of the models out of the foam I was really worried about snapping something off. I definitely had to be careful. I'll have to look into those ExPac boxes, hopefully they're not too huge as space to put stuff in general has been a problem for me for years. Half the figures I've gotten over the years are still in their packages simply because I've got nowhere to put them, so a glass cabinet is something I can only dream of. :laugh:

[cancerblack]

Oh I mean literally the card boxes the Expansion packs/extra units come in (ExPacs being the abbreviation). They're very rigid and as long as you don't shake them or tip them over they're great for storing models. I even managed to transport some models on a 1600km pair of bus rides using those and a little bit of foam and bubble wrap inside as spacers to restrict movement, although I was pushing my luck on that one I think.

Kailem

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jul 13, 2019, 07:40:30 PM
Oh I mean literally the card boxes the Expansion packs/extra units come in (ExPacs being the abbreviation).

My lack of experience buying board game miniatures is definitely showing! :laugh: Thanks for the clarification.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Kailem on Jul 15, 2019, 06:44:43 PM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jul 13, 2019, 07:40:30 PM
Oh I mean literally the card boxes the Expansion packs/extra units come in (ExPacs being the abbreviation).

My lack of experience buying board game miniatures is definitely showing! :laugh: Thanks for the clarification.

It's a mystery to me too. In wargaming circles it's generally just called "more stuff", not AddOns or ExPacs. I suspect it comes from TCGs originally, but I could be wrong.

Corporal Hicks

Just had my shipping notice. My last lot is on its way.  ;D  :'(

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 24, 2019, 01:47:58 PM
Just had my shipping notice. My last lot is on its way.  ;D  :'(

Not shipped mine yet, but I got an email about Archon's latest product, Dungeons and Lasers offering me a free sample of terrain. Hope it's the faux Giger set.

Corporal Hicks

I went to see them at the UK Game's Expo but they didn't have the Giger-esque stuff there. Really curious to see how it looks myself.

Shevvie and I backed that Bio-Craft scenary, so just waiting on those files. No idea if the printer I have access to will be good enough though.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 25, 2019, 07:49:22 AM
I went to see them at the UK Game's Expo but they didn't have the Giger-esque stuff there. Really curious to see how it looks myself.

Shevvie and I backed that Bio-Craft scenary, so just waiting on those files. No idea if the printer I have access to will be good enough though.

Do you recall if it said there'd be non KS access to the files down the road? I've gotten different answers from various people. Pity, I dropped a grand on the original (failed) KS when it was still physical product, but it was terribly timed for me and I couldn't get in on it this time. It was that OR the Prodos sale.

razeak

I tried my first shot at wet blending last night on the crusher. I think the result turned out well. Though I wish I would have used a different color. I used Dryad Brown and black. I think it looks pretty good, but those crushers online with rust colors, or reds look really good. It was tough not doing blue and black too.

I'm going to go back and update some of my other models I did in black when I first started.

The Kurgan

Nice. Wet blending is something I just seem to lack the finesse to pull off satisfactory.

On another note, anyone knows some sources were to get colonist\civilian\officials and scientist type miniatures in a fitting scale and style?

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Project Z survivor kits have some great stuff for civilians and corporates, but only about half of each kit is really useful for the Aliens aesthetic so you'll have some leftovers.

The AvP Miniature Wargaming Customs page on Facebook is the best place to ask for more.

razeak

Quote from: The Kurgan on Jul 27, 2019, 11:03:40 AM
Nice. Wet blending is something I just seem to lack the finesse to pull off satisfactory.

On another note, anyone knows some sources were to get colonist\civilian\officials and scientist type miniatures in a fitting scale and style?

It's definitely something I want to get the hang of better. It's an interesting little hobby. I may have said this before, but I always avoided this stuff because I'm OCD and pretty active. Of course it was Aliens and Predators that hooked me lol.

[cancerblack]

Last box full of many, many warriors and the freebees will be with me on wednesday.

The Old One

The Old One

I look forward to seeing them painted, as always.

Corporal Hicks

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed