Recent posts

Alien Films / Re: Egg on Sulaco
Last post by 426Buddy - Today at 11:38:28 PM
Unfortunatly its the closest we'll ever get to an answer.

Also would explain the angle and strange look of the egg. And we don't see all of the subflooring in the whole bay, there could be an area under that floor where this egg is.

And if you think this is crazy, read Gibsons Alien 3 drafts. The egg literally grows out of bishops abdomen because the queens tail left the micro egg goo behind.
The alien franchise itself  :laugh: . Tone is more comedic, adds more over the top elements such as cloning, superhumans, supervillians etc. Hard to take seriously, so I enjoy it better when I personally consider it just a fun satire/comedy spin-off.
Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien Romulus Teaser Trail...
Last post by Immortan Jonesy - Today at 11:37:03 PM
Quote from: Still Collating... on Today at 11:27:40 PMWhile I completely agree with SiL that the Pathogen tends to make the Alien obsolete (especially if not constrained by any rules like some comics, games and novels tend to go...), one excuse I find for an advantage of an Alien over the Pathogen is that a Facehugger can melt through any helmet and and get you. The motes wouldn't be able to go through good masks, Hazmat suits etc.

Even if the pathogen were a byproduct of the Alien (that is, David is not the creator) it would be something like the weaponization of the Xenomorph by the Engineers :laugh:
Last post by Local Trouble - Today at 11:36:50 PM
We also know what the cryotubes look like, but Alien 3 didn't seem to care about them either.
Alien: Romulus / Re: Cailee Spaeny Interview
Last post by Local Trouble - Today at 11:34:22 PM
God I hate this f**king thread.
Last post by solace97 - Today at 11:34:05 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Today at 11:18:45 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 12, 2012, 04:41:51 AMWell, the egg sac would allow for the rapid production of fully functional eggs.  This method would be much slower.  Theoretically, a soldier alien could produce eggs the same way.

I'm not saying this is a bad theory but I'm trying to make sense of this. So here's my questions. There's literally nothing to back this claim. Aside from egg morphing, we cannot just assume a microscopic egg managed to fully grow outside of its sac. And you mention fully functional. How did it manage to get to a fully functional state without the sac then? The eggs are so large that they have to be microscopic as they enter the sac to then fully grow. So now you take away the sac and all of the sudden it can still grow with a developed face hugger? And it still doesnt answer the grated floor question. We see Newt in the floors so we know what they look like. The queen only walked in a relatively small place after coming down from the dropship
Alien: Romulus / Re: Cailee Spaeny Interview
Last post by Still Collating... - Today at 11:31:32 PM
Never go raw skull. Go very subtle and I'm all for it.
Quote from: The Shuriken on Today at 08:20:56 PMAt this point, it might be safe for us waiting for Wolf, to not expect him before 2027. 2027 is the 20th anniversary of AVPR, so that seems as good a time as any to release it.

I guess in the mean time, we are stuck with a few more repaint variants of Feral, and Naru. Spread across many months, that should take us to 2027.

I'll see you then.

Sounds quite reasonable and possible. Meanwhile, NECA would release the ultimate versions of stuff as the Predators of the third movie of 2010, other preddies from the "expanded" universe as videogames, or even the ultimate versions of the Kenner homage figures.
While I completely agree with SiL that the Pathogen tends to make the Alien obsolete (especially if not constrained by any rules like some comics, games and novels tend to go...), one excuse I find for an advantage of an Alien over the Pathogen is that a Facehugger can melt through any helmet and and get you. The motes wouldn't be able to go through good masks, Hazmat suits etc.

Still, that's bit of a reach. Creatives keep on forgetting that there have been good stories in these recent years without the Pathogen... For all of the strangeness that Noah's show might bring, I like that he's at least not gonna include Scott's stuff which I hope means no Pathogen there.
Last post by 426Buddy - Today at 11:24:17 PM
Lol outlandish I say! Poppycock!
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed