Jack Palgen to Write the Script

Started by Aspie, Jun 17, 2013, 11:43:47 PM

Author
Jack Palgen to Write the Script (Read 53,813 times)

Darth Vile

Darth Vile

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Jun 22, 2013, 07:56:23 AM
I'm hoping this will get made, but I can't count it yet. Fox has been known to put their sequels on hold before like with Predators 2 for example.
Predators was bad though... Did it have a single redeeming feature?  ;)

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

Quote from: Darth Vile on Jun 22, 2013, 07:59:46 AM
I'm hoping this will get made, but I can't count it yet. Fox has been known to put their sequels on hold before like with Predators 2 for example.

Did Prometheus?  ;)

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Novak 1334 on Jun 22, 2013, 08:25:47 AMDid Prometheus?  ;)

Debatable. But it certainly made a lot of moolah, which of course is Job #1.

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Jun 22, 2013, 03:24:18 PM
Quote from: Novak 1334 on Jun 22, 2013, 08:25:47 AMDid Prometheus?  ;)

Debatable. But it certainly made a lot of moolah, which of course is Job #1.

Is that a direct quote from Michael Bay?  :laugh:

Darth Vile

Darth Vile

Quote from: Novak 1334 on Jun 22, 2013, 08:25:47 AM

Did Prometheus?  ;)
Yes - many. Predators had nothing... Saying that, I'm in a minority here as I don't believe there has ever been a good Predator movie.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: Darth Vile on Jun 22, 2013, 08:36:51 PMSaying that, I'm in a minority here as I don't believe there has ever been a good Predator movie.
What the hell is this "Predator" thing you guys keep talking about?
;)

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Novak 1334 on Jun 22, 2013, 12:20:28 AMShaw completely encapsulated that notion, that's why I hated her character for the majority of the movie, she met her maker, which pretty much disproved her faith and yet still hung on to that "God still might exist because..." attitude.

Shaw needs to believe that her creator, no matter what form it takes, is good and just. That's why she is heading off the find more of them at the end of the film. Her faith is tied to their motives, not their existence.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Jun 23, 2013, 01:42:17 PM
Quote from: Novak 1334 on Jun 22, 2013, 12:20:28 AMShaw completely encapsulated that notion, that's why I hated her character for the majority of the movie, she met her maker, which pretty much disproved her faith and yet still hung on to that "God still might exist because..." attitude.
Shaw needs to believe that her creator, no matter what form it takes, is good and just. That's why she is heading off the find more of them at the end of the film. Her faith is tied to their motives, not their existence.
Keep in mind her response to Chumly Hollowhead's comment about our creators not being gods; she immediately asked what or who made the Engineers using the rhetorical God of the Gaps argument. It's also a shame that she has either rejected or never considered the Epicurean Paradox.

Gash

Gash

Did Prometheus?  ;)

Redeeming? No. Didn't need any.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: maledoro on Jun 23, 2013, 02:41:40 PMIt's also a shame that she has either rejected or never considered the Epicurean Paradox.

There is no paradox if you can ask god itself.

...or Chumly.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Jun 27, 2013, 02:25:36 PM
Quote from: maledoro on Jun 23, 2013, 02:41:40 PMIt's also a shame that she has either rejected or never considered the Epicurean Paradox.
There is no paradox if you can ask god itself.
And since God hasn't come forth with an answer after all these years, the paradox remains.

Xenoscream

Xenoscream

Not sure how I feel about this. If Prometheus 2 never happens perhaps I can forget about the first one in time.

I really hated all the year of our lord bullshit at the end of P1. In my mind there is certainly no freaking God in the Alien universe and I can't help but feel that a weak writer will try and write a popular script pandering to the predominately religious masses and go in that direction, which I think is the exact opposite of what the Alien universe is about.

Thinking along these lines actually just makes me hate on Prometheus, why the hell couldn't the engineers be monstrous aliens as depicted so excellently in Alien rather than humans in suits, I could almost believe in a God if we were one of a myriad of crazy creations over the vast expanse of space, I'm surprised the "engineers" didn't have pointy ears. Talk about lack of imagination.

Frankly I'm not surprised they are struggling to find a writer, how the hell is the story going to continue? Shaw is going to land on their planet, walk about with David's head chatting to engineers? Perhaps the Decon stowed away so we can get some Alien on Alien killing action, because you know, that always works.

I really want something to look forward to in the Alien universe, but Prometheus 2 doesn't feel like it.

Rant over.

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

Quote from: Gash on Jun 23, 2013, 03:52:01 PM

Did Prometheus?  ;)

Redeeming? No. Didn't need any.

Prometheus didn't need any redeeming features?  So people are cool with lazy writing, no character development and a rushed final third, not to mention a lame fan service at the end with the Deacon?

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: Novak 1334 on Jul 09, 2013, 03:52:39 PMPrometheus didn't need any redeeming features?  So people are cool with lazy writing, no character development and a rushed final third, not to mention a lame fan service at the end with the Deacon?
Scarily, there are people who worship Ridley Scott. I've seen this on a Prometheus forum (one of the admins goes as far as demonizing David Giler, as if he were the "Anti-Scott") and in reading the 4+ star ratings for Prometheus on Amazon (where some claim that Prometheus is like 2001 as it is now a misunderstood masterpiece, but future historians will champion it).

Xenomorphine

What I'm looking forward to most are the next batch of interviews where Ridley Scott goes off on some more spontaneously rambling tangents.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed