Predator: Dark Ages.

Started by Tally101, May 16, 2014, 01:50:01 AM

Author
Predator: Dark Ages. (Read 54,708 times)

Mike

Mike

That looked pretty cool, like the wide angles I will love to see this film. This is as close to the origional ideal of Predator 2 sequel back then. Set in the 17th century with Pirates. I still love that ideal. The new film Predator 4 or reboot is said to take place in between the events of Predator and Predator 2. Kinda like Alien Isolation comes after Aliens but before Aliens. I can't wait to see this cool film.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

What I love most about the Predator series is just how versatile it is in terms of stories. It makes this kind of plot work really well.

Mike

Mike

I meant it comes after Alien but before Aliens. Anyway can't wait to see this new film and awsome a new Predator movie is in the works too.

Darkness

Darkness

I'm still not totally sold on the medieval setting but it's shaping up to be one of the better Predator only fan films out of the small number that we have. I think I just have unrealistic expectations of fan films after AvP Redemption. It takes a lot to get my motor running.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Looks interesting.. If this movie is good enough.. I'll accept it as full canon!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Darkness on Mar 26, 2015, 07:48:10 PM
I'm still not totally sold on the medieval setting but it's shaping up to be one of the better Predator only fan films out of the small number that we have. I think I just have unrealistic expectations of fan films after AvP Redemption. It takes a lot to get my motor running.

The setting is one of the most interesting things about it. I genuinely think this will surpass Redemption - as good as it was - as this has professional actors, actual locations and a better suit. Don't get me wrong, I still love Redemption but I think this will be fantastic.

Russ

Russ

My mate Lee was head of SFX on this, so I'm basking in association right now. I think this is going to be great - such a neat idea.

Anonymous

Anonymous

Predator and Terminator are my 2 favorite characters ever. Love the Alien as well! But just love Predator! It's so cool to see him in MKX owing head to head with fighters that will give him a hard battle. Also can't wait for Terminator: Genisys!!!!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

For those who donated via Kickstarter the film will be available online on the 22nd of May. The film will also be being shown at MCM Expo London on the 23rd. Not sure about for everyone else. Within a few weeks I believe.

Luckily the Mrs wanted to go to MCM Expo so I'll be heading down there.  :)

Oh and here's their new poster:

http://www.mcmcomiccon.com/london/2015/05/05/predator-gets-medieval-for-fan-film-premiere/

Announcement about the MCM Expo. They'll be a Q&A with the film makers after.

They'll also be giving away some free t-shirts, I'll be trying to snag one of those mother truckers (I like t-shirts)

https://soundcloud.com/juaniglesias/predator-dark-ages-myth-of-the

Here's a little teaser of the score for the film.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Backers of the film should have received their link to the film. It will go on YouTube for the public on Monday.

Darkness

Darkness

Holy moly, that was absolutely top notch. Everything about it was just superbly done. Camera work, actors, effects, music. It's very faithful to the first Predator. In terms of practical effects, it possibly is the best fan film we've seen (still have a soft spot for Redemption and its CGI work). The small bits of CGI were well done too. The only slight nitpick is that the vision mode shouldn't have the voice waves on the side but other than that, they did an amazing job.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Darkness on May 21, 2015, 06:03:04 PM
Holy moly, that was absolutely top notch. Everything about it was just superbly done. Camera work, actors, effects, music. It's very faithful to the first Predator. In terms of practical effects, it possibly is the best fan film we've seen (still have a soft spot for Redemption and its CGI work). The small bits of CGI were well done too. The only slight nitpick is that the vision mode doesn't have the voice waves on the side but other than that, they did an amazing job.

Glad to hear it's good. I expected it to be. I'm trying to hold out until Saturday to see it.

Darkness

Darkness

Yeah, you should totally hold off and savour the moment for the big screen. We need to sort out our interview with these guys. I actually want to know now how it was all made and what went on behind the scenes.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Darkness on May 21, 2015, 06:20:39 PM
Yeah, you should totally hold off and savour the moment for the big screen. We need to sort out our interview with these guys. I actually want to know now how it was all made and what went on behind the scenes.

Should be chatting with them at the event all being well.

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Darkness on May 21, 2015, 06:03:04 PM
Holy moly, that was absolutely top notch. Everything about it was just superbly done. Camera work, actors, effects, music. It's very faithful to the first Predator. In terms of practical effects, it possibly is the best fan film we've seen (still have a soft spot for Redemption and its CGI work). The small bits of CGI were well done too. The only slight nitpick is that the vision mode shouldn't have the voice waves on the side but other than that, they did an amazing job.

I am curious about the voice wave in the vision mode that you mention. Maybe it was just some original idea the guys behind the film had. Perhaps it's an app the Predator downloaded for his mask.  :P

But seriously, maybe the Predator could've been "measuring" something else in the environment that just seems like a voice wave to us? I have yet to see what it looks like, if it's the thing in the films that you see on the side everytime the Predator analyses voices or imitates them, then I see what you mean. Especially if it's just there at random for no reason at all. Still could have a quick in universe explanation as some alien measuring device that uses a similar measuring display to the voice stuff the mask deals with.

I am so looking forward to Monday now. Thanks for letting us know, Hicks. I have been hyped for this.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed