AvPR Rated 15 in UK

Started by Darkness, Dec 04, 2007, 07:00:27 PM

Author
AvPR Rated 15 in UK (Read 34,728 times)

csutkakoma

csutkakoma

"Did'nt fox change the first movie to a PG-13 three weeks before release? Is that the plan again?"  AvP has never was a different cut. It always was PG-13.

AVPer

AVPer

This sucks because now all the 13 and 14 year olds will no doubt be able to pass for 15 and get in to see it, and no offence to any under 18' s here but that is one of the reasons I never went to the cinema to see the first AVP, seeing a que of kids waiting to get in and see it put me off and alot of other people. It will be the same around this time, I have already been told by at least 20 people I know who are in their 20's and 30's that they aren't bothering to go and see it now and I doubt very much that I will either. Going back to the roots? Yeah right!

Deco

Deco

Im BAFFLED at how people are reacting to this. We SAW THE TRAILER WITH OUR OWN EYES AND ITS BLOODY AS HELL! WHO CARES WHAT CERT IT HAS!

predator rocks

predator rocks

I wanted to see an 18, but it opens the movie to a younger generation, bringing in more profits allowing this franchise to continue in the future   8)  

YAUTJA

YAUTJA

eyesofthedemon, is right, 30 days of night's a 15, and that was realy gory, e.g.( peoples heads chewed off, axed off, cut in half with saws and chucked into a grinding machine-and yes you see evrything!), that includes a kid too!, so....i still have faith. AVPer is right too- i hate it wen the imature brats get in an jst mess about, totaly ruins it 4 us.

predator343

predator343

WOOT!! OU YES THX i can go to watsch this movie wohhei!!!!!   >:D     ;D     :D  .

Rob - - - - - - ski

Rob - - - - - - ski

93 minutes long unedited from the American's cut. Let's hope that unlike AVP, that out it's 100 that 11 of them are credits, that it doesn't have long credits making the film shorter. Who has heard of a film with a WHOLE NINTH of their film JUST CREDITS!!

zen

zen

If theres a whole lot of people working on the film then you whould need longer credits to show all of they're names,whereas if you've only got about three guys then the credits can be shown at the begining and it'll take only about 4 seconds.Also keep in mind people that when Wilma Flintstone got pregnant EVERYONE went ballistic!.Now in everyother cartoon someone is pregnant.In the T.V. show The Munsters Lily and Herman shared a bed together,and back then spouses had seperate beds and a bed in the attic to....you know.And when the movie PSYKO came out everyone said it was too violent,and people actualy screamed in the theaters!.Now you see more violence in that T.V. show Family Guy.So just relax and calm down!!!   ;D  .

ChAoS

ChAoS

dont worry this film will be great,dont be fooled by the 15 cert.as long as its a good film it dont matter,avp(2) is very gorey from the looks of it so why whine.  i understand that a 15 here is very gruesome but i watched saw4 other day and that had hardly any gore wat so ever.and thats an 18.very confusing.

zen

zen

G:general audience. PG:parental guidance suggested. PG-13:parental guidance suggested for children under 13. R:restricted,no children under 17 alowd without a parent or gaurdian. NC-17:No children under 17 alowd.  Just thought you'd like to know!   ;D  .

zen

zen

Also for those of you who are still complaining about the shortness of the movie,P1 was 107 minutes long because they needed to introduce the predator.A1 was 117 minutes long because they needed to introduce the alien.In AVPR you dont need the extra 20 minutes to introduce the E.T.s because you already know about them and so if they did re-introduce the E.T.s you'd be sitting there for 20 minutes going "Oh geez!.When is it going to get to the good parts!?!".94 minutes is enough time to fully cover the story   ;D  .

zen

zen

AVPer:How old were you when A1 came out?.I was less the 2 years old when P2 came out.I for one think that every person has the same right to see it.No matter what they're age.And just because some person say's that they're not going to see it does'nt mean you dont have to!.If my family say's that they're not going to see it then that's fine,because i'll just walk the 20 or so miles through snow and ice and wild animals to go see it at the theater   ;)  .

Futurfry

Futurfry

Not that I care, but how could the BBFC rate this movie so low? I mean, don't you guys remember the very first trailer we saw? You know, the red banned trailer, where the two guys get their heads blasted off, another person gets his face ruined by the Aliens's acid and one more character gets an Alien's tail right trought his head, do you remember that one? Wasn't that at all contet for a strongly R rated motion picture? I'm adult anyway, so I don't worry about not getting my tickets because of my age, but I'm sort of confused that this kind of material is meant to be consumed by youths. Yeah, nowadays they're used to intense gore in the media and the majority can handle it, but what do you have to produce in those days, to get an "Horror"-movie for grown ups only?  My thought is, that the mentioned scenes are cut pretty short. You know, like the chestbuster-sequence in the first AVP-film. Anyway... still looking forward to the final product.    :)  

AVPer

AVPer

zen, I was old enough. Ratings are in place for a good reason and anyone not old enough to get in and see them shouldn't be allowed. So no, every person does NOT have the same right to see it if they aren't old enough. If that was the case there would be no movie ratings and every movie would be exempt from classification. And I wanted AvP-R to be an 18 because I don't wan't to be in a cinema with a load of under 15's who managed to get in who shouldn't even be in there watching it. The Alien & Predator movies are adult movies, not kid movies like the first AvP was. Being one of the older fans who have grown up with the franchise I wanted this movie to be an 18 which is one of the things that alot of the older fans wanted to see happen.

Richardus

Richardus

I won’t have to pretend to be 18 now, when I go into the cinema.   :)     ;D  

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed